• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Patriots starting QB in week 1 of the 2018 season will be...

The Patriots starting QB in week 1 of the 2018 season will be...

• Tom Brady

• Jimmy Garoppolo

• Effing potato salad, but I'm putting eggs in it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only Tom was holding a clipboard on these 2 dreadful days for him

The two days when he got pummeled for 50+ minutes by the Giants defense and still led his offense to game leading drives late in the 4th quarter? Those two days?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Robert Horry how many NBA Championship rings he has. "Tell me how that taste"?
Hell while you are at it, ask Luke Walton, Dickey Simpkins, Sasha Vujacic, Carl Herrera, Earl Cureton, Will Perdue, Kurt Rambis and Mark Madsen how many rings they have. "Tell me how that taste"?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what crawled up your ass tonight? :D

This guy.
yrwss.jpg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has three years left on his contract. Brady and JG have the same agent. Brady wins #6 and steps back. JG takes the reins and Brady takes the clipboard. Brady will redo his contract in a very team friendly way and gets to decide whether or not he wants to coach. He'll get a 10 year guaranteed contract and will get $10M a year. If JG implodes than Brady can work with Brissett and not have to put his ass on the line.

I could see that.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the Bears..........I`m used to wondering about quarterbacks,,so welcome to the real world NE fans........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not reading 5 pages of responses, but if the pats win the superbowl he retires, if the pats get squashed lose in round 1 or dont make the playoffs he retires, if he gets injured he retires. IF they come close to winning ala AFc championship appearance, superbow loss, or divisional game with a high reg season record(upset) he stays and goes for another

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady stays until he takes the Pats franchise past the Steelers in SB victories. If/when it happens, he retires.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not reading 5 pages of responses, but if the pats win the superbowl he retires, if the pats get squashed lose in round 1 or dont make the playoffs he retires, if he gets injured he retires. IF they come close to winning ala AFc championship appearance, superbow loss, or divisional game with a high reg season record(upset) he stays and goes for another

I could see that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of viable options.

I'm only really worried about next year.

Anything after that is gravy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that.

I just don't see Brady going to SF finishing his career when he has a chance to put NE as the most successful franchise in NFL history. If SF was ready to compete for a SB run, then possibly I could see Brady leaving to the Bay but they're still some years off and his time is getting shorter despite his high level of play.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I will disagree some with this. His record drafting beyond Carr, Mack, and Cooper hasn't been all that great. Karl Joseph did decent as the season went on but beyond him only Washington did anything of worth this past season from that rookie class. The year before that Cooper is the only quality starter. Edwards keeps getting injured and Walford has been inconsistent at best. 2014 was his best draft by far with Mack, CArr, Jackson, and Ellis all contributing well.

I guess to me picks like Mack and Cooper were very easy picks. Both top-5 picks and both very talented players. Much easier to pick in the top-5 compared to where they will now most likely be picking bottom half of the draft. That is where I respect GM's more when they can find talent later in the 1st round and late in the draft that become contributors. If you look at the Raiders retention rate of draft picks it is actually one of the lower in the NFL. They are the worst in the AFC West by quite a wide range.

2013 Draft:

1: DJ Hayden
2: Menelik Watson
3: Sio Moore
4: Tyler Wilson
6: Nick Kasa
6: Latavius Murray
6: Mychal Rivera
6: Stacy McGee

So, we have one productive starter in Murray, and two contributor types but not starters in Menelik Watson and Mychal Rivera. This particular draft is a whole lot of nope. This class has reached FA and Hayden is going to do... something?... in Detroit now I guess. This is clearly Reggie's worst draft thus far, imo.

2014 Draft:

1: Khalil Mack
2: Derek Carr
3: Gabe Jackson
4: Justin Ellis
4: Keith McGil
7: TJ Carrie
7: Shelby Harris
7: Jonathan Dowling

Two stars, a third quality starter in Jackson at RG, and a rotational lineman in Ellis. Carrie is also good depth but not necessarily a starter which is fine for a 7th round pick. Hands down going to be the draft that launches this run. Best draft by a lot.

2015 Draft:

1: Amari Cooper
2: Mario Edwards
3: Clive Walford
4: Jon Feliciano
5: Ben Heeney
5: Neiron Bell
6: Max Valles
7: Anthony Morris
7: Andre DeBose

Another star in Cooper, a starter in Edwards, and a contributor in Walford. Solid draft- got your star player, a starter, and several depth pieces. Walford looks like a meh TE but that's not really catastrophic.

2016 Draft:

1: Karl Joseph
2: Jihad Ward
3: Shilique Calhoun
4: Connor Cook
5: DeAndre Washington
6: Cory James
7: Vadal Alexander.

Too early, but Joseph looks decent and DeAndre Washington looks like a solid contributor in the backfield. Not too high on this class otherwise.

Maybe it's just me but I don't knock Reggie for having high picks up until this year. Tough to draft period. Some really nice cornerstones out of this group you can build your core around along with enough tier 2 guys and low end contributors to make this a solid haul for me.