• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ESPN, they should be thanking all of college football for allowing that money hemorrhaging shithole to broadcast their games.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzu...you better wrap up the Grinch.

I have a feeling someone may be calling him soon offering him large sums of money to coach defense elsewhere.

Just sayin'....

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ESPN, they should be thanking all of college football for allowing that money hemorrhaging shithole to broadcast their games.
That's the fucked up part, especially about Herbstreit's comments. Be thankful ESPN bothers showing Pac 12 games my ass, like they are gonna not want/need a piece of the entire west coast market...

More like, you're welcome the Pac 12 network is such a failure, ESPN.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzu...you better wrap up the Grinch.

I have a feeling someone may be calling him soon offering him large sums of money to coach defense elsewhere.

Just sayin'....

Unless it's Texas, Alabama or Texas zero chance. There are a handful of teams in the country that can afford the buyout, and if one of those teams..say Tennessee or LSU want to, it seems highly unlikely they'd paid $30 million a year for considering the buyout for their previous coach, the buyout for Leach and Leach's actual salary.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the fucked up part, especially about Herbstreit's comments. Be thankful ESPN bothers showing Pac 12 games my ass, like they are gonna not want/need a piece of the entire west coast market...

More like, you're welcome the Pac 12 network is such a failure, and we were all willing to whore ourselves out to save your sorry asses ESPN.
:fify:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Scott would grow a pair and tell ESPN they are taking the least desirable matchup, not this weekend, cause it's too late but one of the next few weekends. I know the conference gave up some legal tactics but what is the point of having your own network that according to Scott, they own all their content, if the only legal things you can do is take the scraps from the other networks?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leading the fight against Larry Scott and ESP1N.

10172015-HuskiesOregonGalleryNew_05-780x598.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Scott would grow a pair and tell ESPN they are taking the least desirable matchup, not this weekend, cause it's too late but one of the next few weekends. I know the conference gave up some legal tactics but what is the point of having your own network that according to Scott, they own all their content, if the only legal things you can do is take the scraps from the other networks?
After direct TV did this to Larry
giphy.gif

Larry did this to ESPN

nice-balls.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disturbing indeed, but hopefully this incident makes coaches speak up more and AD's to tell Scott to do something or take a hike. They are making decent money from the networks but in no way are they making the amount they should if they really own all the content which is what we've always been led to believe.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disturbing indeed, but hopefully this incident makes coaches speak up more and AD's to tell Scott to do something or take a hike. They are making decent money from the networks but in no way are they making the amount they should if they really own all the content which is what we've always been led to believe.
I was hoping this incident would get ESPN.To replace their commentators and analyst's with cupcakes.The cupcakes would be an upgrade imo

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping this incident would get ESPN.To replace their commentators and analyst's with cupcakes.The cupcakes would be an upgrade imo
0046607c6dc7e4c1aa430c1f6c54c6ca--cupcake-halloween-costumes-cupcake-costume.jpg

Yeah, can't be any worse really.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 weeks in the books already and those without an early bye are half way finished. Sad as that is.

Here are week 7's matchups: (HOME)
Friday: WSU -14.5 CAL 7:30 ESPN
Saturday:
COL -13 OSU 1:00 PAC12N
USC -13 Utah 5:00 ABC
ZONA -1.5 UCLA 6:00 PAC12N
UW -17 ASU 7:45 ESPN
STAN -10.5 ORE 8:00 FS1

No teams are idle this week.
Half the home teams are favored.
Only non double digit spread game is Arizona hosting UCLA.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen with another 7:45pm start on ESPN.

This should go well.

What will they parade out this time? A Malamute wearing a purple skirt? A UW helmet made out of charmin rolls?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 weeks in the books already and those without an early bye are half way finished. Sad as that is.

Here are week 7's matchups: (HOME)
Friday: WSU -14.5 CAL 7:30 ESPN
Saturday:
COL -13 OSU 1:00 PAC12N
USC -13 Utah 5:00 ABC
ZONA -1.5 UCLA 6:00 PAC12N
UW -17 ASU 7:45 ESPN
STAN -10.5 ORE 8:00 FS1

No teams are idle this week.
Half the home teams are favored.
Only non double digit spread game is Arizona hosting UCLA.
UW hasn't won in Tempe in a coon's age. Hopefully they break that streak.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I heard from someone who works for that industry, Disney's investment in a major themepark in China has performed so bad, it caused them to slash the budgets, even the big moneymakers, in a kneejerk damage control move. ESPN got gutted the past year with ESPN firing a lot of their best talent. What's been left behind is mostly garbage. And to make matters worse, they're under orders to get more political than ever, to promote the agenda from the executives running the corporation.

The well coordinated hit piece on the Huskies during that game was a new low for ESPN and they've been really circling the drain lately.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard from someone who works there, Disney's investment in a major themepark in China has performed so bad, it caused them to slash the budgets, even the big moneymakers, in a kneejerk damage control move. ESPN got gutted the past year with ESPN firing a lot of their best talent. What's been left behind is mostly garbage. And to make matters worse, they're under orders to get more political than ever, to promote the agenda from the executives running the corporation.

The well coordinated hit piece on the Huskies during that game was a new low for ESPN and they've been really circling the drain lately.
ESP1N is hosting another late night game next Saturday night when Washington plays ASU. I'm curious to see if they pull their same lame rookie sh1t again like they did last night.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESP1N is hosting another late night game next Saturday night when Washington plays ASU. I'm curious to see if they pull their same lame rookie sh1t again like they did last night.

That's gonna make for some uncomfortable tv. They'll make some veiled mention about it and even some fake half ass apologies about it. They're getting roasted by the national press about it, not just the local news and sports sites.
But ESPN has an agenda and they'll defend it till the end. I'm glad Petersen called them out on it. Long overdue and I'm sure the PAC as a whole appreciates it. But he's said his peace for now, and I'm sure he's not going to make more of it for at least the rest of the season. The point was made perfectly.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's gonna make for some uncomfortable tv. They'll make some veiled mention about it and even some fake half ass apologies about it. They're getting roasted by the national press about it, not just the local news and sports sites.
But ESPN has an agenda and they'll defend it till the end. I'm glad Petersen called them out on it. Long overdue and I'm sure the PAC as a whole appreciates it. But he's said his peace for now, and I'm sure he's not going to make more of it for at least the rest of the season. The point was made perfectly.
but he didn't. ESPN just took offense to it with out Petersen saying ESPN or Fox or any other network. he simply apologized to the fans. ESPN got all mad because they think they are prettiest most popular girl at the party and of course he must have been talking about them

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he didn't. ESPN just took offense to it with out Petersen saying ESPN or Fox or any other network. he simply apologized to the fans. ESPN got all mad because they think they are prettiest most popular girl at the party and of course he must have been talking about them
That was Herbie's response, but the game crew was obviously super offended Petersen wouldn't meet on camera with them prior to the game and seriously took it out on him and his program during the broadcast.

Petersen doesn't meet with any media one on one before games. Not for any network. He does his phone in requirements and that's it. The game crew made him pay for his privacy rules. It will be interesting to see how they handle it next week when again he refuses to meet with them. I mean if he was already dead set against it, why on earth would he change it now after the way they treated him and his program?

Would herbie and game crews treat Saban that way? Meyer? Even Harbs who is strange as fuck?

Honestly they still treat Petersen as if he was back at Boise State. He isn't given any type of upper respect for what he's doing. They do the same to Leach, but he's a caricature as it is.

ESPN feels they are sports gods. Bow down to them or suffer their wrath.