• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-12 standings after week 6

PAC North
team | conference | overall
Washington 3 - 0, 6 - 0
Washington St. 3 - 0, 6 - 0
Stanford 3 - 1, 4 - 2
Oregon 1 - 2, 4 - 2
Cal 0 - 3, 3 - 3
Oregon St. 0 - 3, 1 - 5

PAC South
team | conference | overall
USC 3 - 1, 5 - 1
Utah 1 - 1, 4 - 1
UCLA 1 - 1, 3 - 2
Arizona 1 - 1, 3 - 2
Arizona St. 1 - 1, 2 - 3
Colorado 0 - 3, 3 - 3
Colorado tied with the beavs in last place is about the only surprise so far. Didn't expect them to win the South, but figured at least the zona schools would be below them. They laid down the gauntlet and declared war on the basement of their division.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn we need to get Huntley back. Williams is not the solution.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest AP -
UW 5th
WSU 8th (Top 10 guys!)
SC 13th
Stanford back in at 23

Utah drops to just outside with a few chances of making a road back in coming weeks.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what justification pollsters have to put Oklahoma ahead of USC.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stuff always works itself out.

Probably 60% of the ranking today is still based on preseason perceptions. Wins/losses are merely adjustments to those original ideas.

By seasons end that drops down to maybe 20%.

Yes, it's stupid that preseason guesses still factor in at all, but there is no better solution or they would use it.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOB OPENING!:

QB needed NOW!…We at OregonState are currently accepting applications to fill an immediate opening for our QB position. All applicants should note that our o-line is incapable of protection blocking and our receivers will drop perfectly thrown deep balls, other than that IF you like to run, be hit often and have no prior experience we all will welcome you into BeaverNation.

Thank you,

Management

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOB OPENING!:

QB needed NOW!…We at OregonState are currently accepting applications to fill an immediate opening for our QB position. All applicants should note that our o-line is incapable of protection blocking and our receivers will drop perfectly thrown deep balls, other than that IF you like to run, be hit often and have no prior experience we all will welcome you into BeaverNation.

Thank you,

Management
Marcus McMaryion ?

Marcus+McMaryion+Oregon+State+v+Washington+TG2bWCYCkuhl.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOB OPENING!:

Thank you,

Management

Should just put Collins back there and run the wishbone or veer

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what did Petersen say that pissed off ESPN so bad? I really hope Leach takes a shot at ESPN this week for it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what did Petersen say that pissed off ESPN so bad? I really hope Leach takes a shot at ESPN this week for it.
He dared to appologize to the fans for having every single game start past 5 and pointed out how much is sucked for the players, staff, and fans that have to deal with it. He also said it reduces the number of people on the east coast that watch because the games don't start (like this one) until as late as 10:45 Eastern.

Well well well, they can't have anyone questioning how many eyes are on their product now can they? Mind you, he made no mention of any particular network. ESPN isn't the only one showing games that late. But ESPN seriously called out the dogs on it with herbie chiding them for daring to question it and not thanking them for making it so every game is actually on TV, to every member of that crew dissing them in some way.

You can bet Petersen won't ever do a pregame piece or stop to talk to them at half or post game times anymore after this. He hates the media enough as it is. This sure isn't going to change that.

It will be all they talk about on radio up here and he will be asked dozens of questions about it all week.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly because USC lost on the road to a team now ranked #8 and Oklahomas loss was only at home to an unranked team. Makes sense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just stupid to start any game on the west coast past 6pm. I would say 530pm should be the latest.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Herbstreit on UW’s scheduling complaints: ‘You should be thanking ESPN’

Herbstreit has been such an obnoxious cock rocker this year. Advocates for the Pac 12 my ass, awww did you pic some Pac teams on game day? Eat a dick... So basically, we should all just be happy ESPN is even bothering televising Pac games, is what I got from what he said...

Thanks for the scraps dickface.
He's no PAC advocate, maybe some SC bias, that's all I've ever seen.

Last year he was saying he thought the 3 loss Trojans deserved to be in the Playoffs over UW, only because he thought they were playing better than any team in the Country and had that H2H win over the Dawgs.

What an ass, forget that it's SC because that has nothing to do with it. It could be any team his bias allows him to discuss with such a loose standard.

Sure, we want the best 4 teams in the playoff, (And that was his argument) but we want the four best teams who have earned the right all season, to be in the playoffs.

With this sort of rhetoric, if say an Alabama or Ohio State has three or four losses even, and there are many deserving teams with 1 or 2 losses, but either the Tide or Buckeyes are playing extremely well, do they just look past those additional losses? Well if you heard him talk about it, that made sense in his little mind.

They already are saying these Conference Championships don't matter by what we saw last year. Nor do they even consider the travel disparity the top PAC teams must deal with compared to top teams in the other Conferences. Now they just want us to thank them for the scheduling worst exposure we are getting dealt? And forget about all of those season ticket holders having to go to all those late games week end and week out who have been supporting their team for decades in some instances.

Fuck you Kirk!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He dared to appologize to the fans for having every single game start past 5 and pointed out how much is sucked for the players, staff, and fans that have to deal with it. He also said it reduces the number of people on the east coast that watch because the games don't start (like this one) until as late as 10:45 Eastern.

Well well well, they can't have anyone questioning how many eyes are on their product now can they? Mind you, he made no mention of any particular network. ESPN isn't the only one showing games that late. But ESPN seriously called out the dogs on it with herbie chiding them for daring to question it and not thanking them for making it so every game is actually on TV, to every member of that crew dissing them in some way.

You can bet Petersen won't ever do a pregame piece or stop to talk to them at half or post game times anymore after this. He hates the media enough as it is. This sure isn't going to change that.

It will be all they talk about on radio up here and he will be asked dozens of questions about it all week.
Not sure why ESPN got so bent out of shape over the comment.I know with the PAC late games. I'm generally up until around 3am easy.Aside from PAC fans I think it's common sense the exposure is lower.After watching like 20 commercials telling me to contact my cable provider.To keep ESPN on the air during the last SC game on ESPN.I'm just not buying the ratings spin by Herbstreit.

Didn't catch the end of the game.Did they say if the cupcakes were provided by the SEC or Wisconsin?Not sure where to put my order in

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why ESPN got so bent out of shape over the comment.I know with the PAC late games. I'm generally up until around 3am easy.Aside from PAC fans I think it's common sense the exposure is lower.After watching like 20 commercials telling me to contact my cable provider.To keep ESPN on the air during the last SC game on ESPN.I'm just not buying the ratings spin by Herbstreit.

Didn't catch the end of the game.Did they say if the cupcakes were provided by the SEC or Wisconsin?Not sure where to put my order in
Because ESP1N is a bunch of cvnts, that's why.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well two things here:
As Vita eluded to, ESPN has always sort of pimped SC, or at least talked about them at length. That's different from support the Pac. They did talk about the ducks quite a bit over the height of their run, but outside of that there has ALWAYS been an arrogance and dismissive tone toward the rest of the conference. At the same time, they don't do that to the non elite teams from the B1G or SEC. No, those are ALL P5 teams and deserve respect. None such has ever been a hallmark toward west coast teams. There was zero support from them last year as UW went 11-1 in the regular season and still no love this year. Notice after all of these years they haven't rebranded to something other than the EASTERN sports programming network. If they even tried to hide their bias they would switch to something like the the National sports programming network or American sports programming network. They don't even bother to try to hide their bias.

And they dared to question the viability of late night games. Or at least that's obviously how they took it. Their brand has been bleeding in buckets for several years now as cable subscriptions in general have been declining and more and more turning to alternative sources for programming. Any perceived question about their product must be met with quick and sharp attacks to preserve what little of their product still remains.

10 years from now there won't be an ESPN.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because ESP1N is a bunch of cvnts, that's why.
Not sure if you guys get them out west.But we get like 100 commercials.About how Disney is threatening to pull ESPN.May as well show clips of the college gameday cast.And add the Sarah McLachlan music.Herbstreit may want to watch what he says.I think the Oregon mascot is a Disney advocate

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well two things here:
As Vita eluded to, ESPN has always sort of pimped SC, or at least talked about them at length. That's different from support the Pac. They did talk about the ducks quite a bit over the height of their run, but outside of that there has ALWAYS been an arrogance and dismissive tone toward the rest of the conference. At the same time, they don't do that to the non elite teams from the B1G or SEC. No, those are ALL P5 teams and deserve respect. None such has ever been a hallmark toward west coast teams. There was zero support from them last year as UW went 11-1 in the regular season and still no love this year. Notice after all of these years they haven't rebranded to something other than the EASTERN sports programming network. If they even tried to hide their bias they would switch to something like the the National sports programming network or American sports programming network. They don't even bother to try to hide their bias.

And they dared to question the viability of late night games. Or at least that's obviously how they took it. Their brand has been bleeding in buckets for several years now as cable subscriptions in general have been declining and more and more turning to alternative sources for programming. Any perceived question about their product must be met with quick and sharp attacks to preserve what little of their product still remains.

10 years from now there won't be an ESPN.
Oh I agree.When you watch ESPN you would think SC is the PAC.Herbstreit referring to himself as a "PAC advocate" is a joke.They may not realize it.But the bias ESPN blatantly shows towards certain teams and conferences.Is unbearable to watch as a college football fan.I haven't been able to stomach it for a long time now.In truth aside from a few games here and there.I generally find the early games they pound the east coast with boring for the most part.And from the perception you see from a lot of fan bases outside the PAC.I don't think they fully understand PAC football.Or get the opportunity to see exactly how exciting it is.Because of the late scheduling.Petersen has a very valid point.As a PAC fan on the east coast.East coat bias is quite noticeable.