• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the universe can be set back straight again if it's UCLA over UW this year instead right? :whistle:
You were close.... so I FIFY :rolleyes2:

I could live with that!!

Seriously, we know a Mora coached team can win enough games to make it to the CCG, I'm just not sure if he could out coach Peterson. He gave Shaw one hell of a game though.

Wiz, I'll be happy if they could survive a season without any season ending injuries to key positions, that and a handful of additional injuries have killed the Bruins' chances over the last two years. :gaah:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you're picking on Utah :crazy: All SC needed to do was beat the Utes! :lol:

Yeah but it was Darnolds first start and it was at their house. He actually put USC ahead with a min and half to go and USCs defense played bend dont break which you know how that always works. Nottttttttt.lol. Utah put together a great drive. Gotta hand it to them. Don't know why they couldn't play like that against Colorado.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh, the sounds of bitter rivalry on the hoop.

Must be getting close to the season starting.

:suds:
MOSESERIAN.gif

15 yards for a personal foul, not only was there a block in the back but for wearing those god awful uniforms.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm The Huskys scored one offensive TD all game long? Once you take out Brownings 31 negative yards from getting sacked so many times Washington had about 60 yards rushing (otherwise UW rushed for 17 yards total, and that would be just sad). Me thinks giving up some passes in the middle of the field was just one of the issues.

No, no. You are waaaaay off on this. Azeem Victor is the greatest cfb player in history. If hadn't gotten hurt he would have singlehandedly won the game for the Huskies.

He would have shut down USC's entire offense and personally beat up on Sam Darnold so badly that Darnold would have quit the team before the game was over and walked all the back to San Clemente.

The Huskies would have also dropped at least 45 points on USC as Victor would have taken over at quarterback, thrown the passes and then run downfield and caught them for touchdowns. He would also have kicked all extra points himself.

He is THAT good. :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, reducing all of those easy plays over the middle would have for sure changed things on offense as well. It's an entirely different game with Victor in there.

He may have had some effect on the middle of the field, but he's a middle linebacker. He's not going to be covering USC's wide receivers.

He may have effected the tight end (not even gonna try to type that name lol) on passes across the middle, but I'm pretty sure USC would pay Washington to put him on wide receivers.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have had some efdfect on the middle of the field, but he's a middle linebacker. He's not going to be covering USC's wide receivers.

He may have effected the tight end (not even gonna try to type that name lol) on passes across the middle, but I'm pretty sure USC would pay Washington to put him on wide receivers.
In the games he missed it wasn't just his assignments that got exploited. Everyone else has to cover more than normal which throws off everyone. They recovered better with other injuries, but his time off the field has been a problem when it happens. I hope they have better depth this year, but I really don't want to see how much so. Just need him to stay upright for the season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the games he missed it wasn't just his assignments that got exploited. Everyone else has to cover more than normal which throws off everyone. They recovered better with other injuries, but his time off the field has been a problem when it happens. I hope they have better depth this year, but I really don't want to see how much so. Just need him to stay upright for the season.

Yeah, I agree. There are some guys whose presence helps as much for the confidence it gives the guys around him as his actual play.

Based on how the game went. I think USC still wins if he doesn't go out...but I think it's a closer game.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm The Huskys scored one offensive TD all game long? Once you take out Brownings 31 negative yards from getting sacked so many times Washington had about 60 yards rushing (otherwise UW rushed for 17 yards total, and that would be just sad). Me thinks giving up some passes in the middle of the field was just one of the issues.
And they were still within a score and very in the game until that blocked field goal.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eight months ago, Keller Chryst was carted off the field of the Sun Bowl with a torn ACL in his right knee. On Tuesday, Stanford head coach David Shaw felt confident enough in the senior quarterback’s recovery process to name him the starter for the Cardinal’s season opener against Rice in Australia at the end of the month.

“We feel pretty good about that,” Shaw said. “He’s shown us no signs of any issues at all physically, there are no limitations on him right now, so we feel good about him getting ready to go play in Sydney.”

According to Shaw, Chryst has been ahead of his recovery schedule since spring. There was some hesitation, though, because the injury occurred in Chryst’s plant leg. Shaw first needed to see the quarterback push off on that leg in traffic before making any decisions. After two weeks of training camp, Chryst looks ready to go.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eight months ago, Keller Chryst was carted off the field of the Sun Bowl with a torn ACL in his right knee. On Tuesday, Stanford head coach David Shaw felt confident enough in the senior quarterback’s recovery process to name him the starter for the Cardinal’s season opener against Rice in Australia at the end of the month.

“We feel pretty good about that,” Shaw said. “He’s shown us no signs of any issues at all physically, there are no limitations on him right now, so we feel good about him getting ready to go play in Sydney.”

According to Shaw, Chryst has been ahead of his recovery schedule since spring. There was some hesitation, though, because the injury occurred in Chryst’s plant leg. Shaw first needed to see the quarterback push off on that leg in traffic before making any decisions. After two weeks of training camp, Chryst looks ready to go.
Washington is going to beat the brakes off of Stanford this year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually put USC ahead with a min and half to go and USCs defense played bend dont break which you know how that always works. Nottttttttt.lol.
Sounds a lot like the UCLA defense vs Stanford last year. The UCLA defense holds McCaffrey to 138 yards and 0 TD's and Stanford to only 3 FG's for 59 minutes and 35 seconds of the 60 minute game, yet they go into prevent defense with under 2 minutes to go in the Cardinal final drive and hand over 70 yards and the winning TD with 24 seconds remaining. :L

I hate that shit, it never works. :gaah:

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is going to beat the brakes off of Stanford this year.
That game and the Apple cup will be deciding the North this year.

Oregon is still another year away of player buying before they'll be relevant again.