• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's do or die year for him as a Dawg. Showed soo much potential in 2015. Got injured and got in the dawg house with the coaching staff so benched the entire 2016. 2017 is got to be the year he puts it all together and he's been shining in the spring and fall camps so far. Has all the tools and approaching TE size with that 6'5", 230 frame of his. Could be a deadly weapon for Browning this year. Go get it son.
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the #2 position behind Pettis. McClatcher just doesn't have the size.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's do or die year for him as a Dawg. Showed soo much potential in 2015. Got injured and got in the dawg house with the coaching staff so benched the entire 2016. 2017 is got to be the year he puts it all together and he's been shining in the spring and fall camps so far. Has all the tools and approaching TE size with that 6'5", 230 frame of his. Could be a deadly weapon for Browning this year. Go get it son.
Washington Huskies feel there’s no need to worry about their defense

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BCS had many flaws but brought us some doozies!

Who can forget that Boise State v OU game?

And that Title game with SC vs Texas, what a great game! (Despite the outcome for SC fans) It's games like that title game that we would have never seen under the previous contract for sure.

Like I said earlier, the BCS/AP NT controversy, whether one agrees with the contractually bound aspects or not that year, paved the way for the 4 team playoffs we now all enjoy. Really should be six teams as far as I'm concerned, because the P5 Conferences have cornered the market with the limits of only 4 teams, and I don't think adding a week to the schedule to move to the six team format is that big of a deal in the big picture.

I agree with TF12 that the Texas USC game was a classic and I can enjoy seeing replays even with the outcome. Took a few days to not be bummed but I can appreciate a great game win or lose.
Going to six would be good IMO but no farther. Any team that can't find its way into being one of the six probably isn;t the top team in the country.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats a big receiver. What did he do to get in Petersens dog house? Is he WR fast still or is he slower than WRs but faster than TEs?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have they learned to cover the middle of the field? :dhd:
They covered the middle of the field just fine last year, outside of injuries. Azeem Victor went out of the game against USC and it was after that when USC pulled away. UW had the game back to 13-17 and were making good progress. USC tore up the middle after Victor went out.

He's back

With a vengeance

You can bank on him licking his chops for a potential rematch

And we have 100% confidence in what he will do with any such opportunity

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They covered the middle of the field just fine last year, outside of injuries. Azeem Victor went out of the game against USC and it was after that when USC pulled away. UW had the game back to 13-17 and were making good progress. USC tore up the middle after Victor went out.

He's back

With a vengeance

Translation: Just don't choke SC and bring your talking asses to the CCG and well find out who is the real better team on the field!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: Just don't choke SC and bring your talking asses to the CCG and well find out who is the real better team on the field!

Hmmm The Huskys scored one offensive TD all game long? Once you take out Brownings 31 negative yards from getting sacked so many times Washington had about 60 yards rushing (otherwise UW rushed for 17 yards total, and that would be just sad). Me thinks giving up some passes in the middle of the field was just one of the issues.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's back

With a vengeance

They didn't score again. Didn't know he played offense too. Oh and pretty sure USC scored more while he was in there than after he left the game .:scratch: :dhd:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside. I hope that's the matchup in the CCG. That would be epic.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't score again. Didn't know he played offense too.:scratch: :dhd:
From the ESPN game summary -
Darreus Rogers had six catches for 84 yards and a touchdown, while Imatorbhebhe added five catches for 78 yards. Washington lost starting middle linebacker Azeem Victor in the second quarter to a lower right leg injury that required an air cast and a cart to take the Huskies' leading tackler off the field. His absence was felt in the pass game where USC exploited the middle of the field.

Victor leaving that early was the game. We have said for some time that UW has very solid starters, but no depth and that depth will take a few years.

And yes, reducing all of those easy plays over the middle would have for sure changed things on offense as well. It's an entirely different game with Victor in there. Just like the game we lost at home against Oregon the prior year when he was suspended for the first half (fucking targeting rule) and how very very different the second half was with him out there.

He's one of the top defensive players in the conference.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the ESPN game summary -

Victor leaving that early was the game. We have said for some time that UW has very solid starters, but no depth and that depth will take a few years.

And yes, reducing all of those easy plays over the middle would have for sure changed things on offense as well. It's an entirely different game with Victor in there. Just like the game we lost at home against Oregon the prior year when he was suspended for the first half (fucking targeting rule) and how very very different the second half was with him out there.

He's one of the top defensive players in the conference.

That he is. I was cringing when USC lost Cam smith for targeting in the Rose Bowl. He's the same kinda player.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that bugs me about the existing targeting rule is the no way out of the suspension that follows it. You have no recourse to petition for a review of any kind. You are punishing a kid with no ability to ensure it is justifiable. That's inherently wrong.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside. I hope that's the matchup in the CCG. That would be epic.
The so called experts rarely get it right, so there a good chance that only one or neither of your teams are in the CCG! :heh:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Stanford maybe? :dhd:
:lol:

It really does suck to be on the wrong end of them predictions and no one had them Buffs for a minute winning the South.

Pac-12 Football 2016 Predictions

If you don't want to click, Athlon had UW over UCLA in the CCG. :L

And I agree with Wiz, it's tough when you suffer a single key injury, much less multiple injuries to even win a game much less a Division or Conference. :nod:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really does suck to be on the wrong end of them predictions and no one had them Buffs for a minute winning the South.

And I agree with Wiz, it's tough when you suffer a single key injury, much less multiple injuries to even win a game much less a Division or Conference. :nod:

Well clearly someone was smoking the pipe when they wrote that! :heh:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All Utah had to do was beat Colorado. But nooooo lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the universe can be set back straight again if it's UW over UCLA this year instead right? :whistle: