• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still find it hard to believe they were simply horsing around. I'm guessing the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Maybe they were arguing and some mutual pushing and shoving and someone called it in. I've known women who have those kind of relationships and they really do think it's normal and say "we were just mad at the moment" but we love each other. Because if it was really playing around and your school and football career are in jeopardy you go public day one( her) and scream from then highest mountain (go on tv) and say this is all a misunderstanding . But there was quite a bit of time between word of him being in some sort of trouble and her coming out and saying nothing happened.
Why would they go out day 1 when there likely wasn't a reason to believe it would go to that extreme? I mean I can see young people trying to trust the process, even when there are parts of it that seem unfair or wrong up front until pushed to do more. She lawyered up shortly after these decisions were handed down.

But honestly, I mean this is a big deal to USC because they only have a frosh kicker behind him I believe, but camps are in full swing and we are going on and on over a kicker. ...... A freaking kicker. :L

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully UCLA or Notre Dame picks up that kicker and he kicks the winning FG vs SC.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully UCLA or Notre Dame picks up that kicker and he kicks the winning FG vs SC.
With just two classes left for his degree, he should be allowed, at the very least, to figure out a way to get his degree from SC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they go out day 1 when there likely wasn't a reason to believe it would go to that extreme? I mean I can see young people trying to trust the process, even when there are parts of it that seem unfair or wrong up front until pushed to do more. She lawyered up shortly after these decisions were handed down.

But honestly, I mean this is a big deal to USC because they only have a frosh kicker behind him I believe, but camps are in full swing and we are going on and on over a kicker. ...... A freaking kicker. :L

Well he was suspended Feb 8th ,dropped from the roster March 6th . You know it's serious in Feb, positive it's serious in March and this past week is when she gets an attorney involved. Never heard anything (publicly) from her for five months
Yeah just a true freshman kicker to go with.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was suspended Feb 8th ,dropped from the roster March 6th . You know it's serious in Feb, positive it's serious in March and this past week is when she gets an attorney involved. Never heard anything (publicly) from her for five months
He gets one warm up game anyway before he has to potentially face a game winning FG try against Stanford or Texas. So there's that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets one warm up game anyway before he has to potentially face a game winning FG try against Stanford or Texas. So there's that.

I do remember hearing he's a really good kicker but you never know with kickers.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But isn't she in essence saying she was pressured into staying quiet? Whether this is true or not the one thing I hate with the abuse system is how female's are forced into saying one thing or the other. Somehow with that subject there is no gray area which of course there is.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't she in essence saying she was pressured into staying quiet? Whether this is true or not the one thing I hate with the abuse system is how female's are forced into saying one thing or the other. Somehow with that subject there is no gray area which of course there is.

Pressured into staying quiet? Like mafia? She's a college student she's gotta have some smarts. He got suspended and dropped from the team like four months ago whats the point of staying quiet this long once he's dropped? It's all just weird. I bet he did go off on her but it was normal for them and it was him pushing her and someone saw it. Too many women stand by their man after getting royally fucked up so if he's just a guy who likes to get physical but is'nt punching anyone then maybe she doesn't see it as that bad and now wants stick up for him and doesn't want him labeled as an abuser because she's staying with him. I had a cousin who would get hit by her husband and would always deny it so I've seen it. And like most of you I really hope he didn't just get royally screwed over but I think schools are going to error on the side of caution. USC didn't come out and say he did something they just let him go so I'm guessing since it's a private school they are less liable (legally) for doing that then if they listen to her and one day she shows up at an ER and her parents say USC had warnings and ignored them that they shouldn't have listened to her that shes an abused woman and now they gotta pay.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pressured into staying quiet? Like mafia? She's a college student she's gotta have some smarts. He got suspended and dropped from the team like four months ago whats the point of staying quiet this long once he's dropped? It's all just weird. I bet he did go off on her but it was normal for them and it was him pushing her and someone saw it. Too many women stand by their man after getting royally fucked up so if he's just a guy who likes to get physical but is'nt punching anyone then maybe she doesn't see it as that bad and now wants stick up for him and doesn't want him labeled as an abuser because she's staying with him. I had a cousin who would get hit by her husband and would always deny it so I've seen it. And like most of you I really hope he didn't just get royally screwed over but I think schools are going to error on the side of caution. USC didn't come out and say he did something they just let him go so I'm guessing since it's a private school they are less liable (legally) for doing that then if they listen to her and one day she shows up at an ER and her parents say USC had warnings and ignored them that they shouldn't have listened to her that shes an abused woman and now they gotta pay.
Or as the captain of the tennis team she was worried about the threats she said they were issuing to her about tweeting or otherwise discussing it and what that would do to her status in her sport. Why that changed now, who knows. But there are way too many things people don't know to otherwise make any kind of assumption.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And/or did they have others they might have interviewed that brought up prior situations? Could there be a history of fighting? Even if it wasn't to the point of actual violence.

Too many what ifs here.

I still say based off just what little we do know it's hard to come up with kicking him off the team and out of school as a response.

Not if you consider the current climate it's not. And if that stuff about the folks running the USC Title IX office is even partially true, the kids probably lucky they didn't hang him from Tommy Trojan's sword.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pressured into staying quiet? Like mafia? She's a college student she's gotta have some smarts.

Essentially yes, not sleeping with the fishes but bullying like that to a degree. I've seen even really smart women question whether something worse happened than what she recalls. I'm not saying nothing happened but if it is being blown out of proportion it isn't necessarily because she should be smarter than that.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially yes, not sleeping with the fishes but bullying like that to a degree. I've seen even really smart women question whether something worse happened than what she recalls. I'm not saying nothing happened but if it is being blown out of proportion it isn't necessarily because she should be smarter than that.
Feminist and liberals are behind that crap. A gal can't even get a restraining order against their bf/husband dropped without hiring a lawyer and begging the court and even then it doesn't always get dropped. Feminist hate men.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, part of the reason I believe her story is that he's a kicker.

Pretty sure she could kick his ass.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, part of the reason I believe her story is that he's a kicker.

Oregon won a lot of games over the last decade without having a kicker so it can be done. :whistle:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe she was the one doing all of the striking in the 'horsing around', and maybe he was just getting loud and grabbing her so she couldn't get a good lick in.

If someone witnessed something like that, the dude could easily be viewed as an aggressor.

Couple that with the Orthodox Feminist running the show at SC, and this young lady is right, he never had a chance.

That too could explain why why she didn't come forward sooner, and why she hired a lawyer.

When wifey and I horse around, I tease the hell out of her, and she has been known to retaliate with some playful punches. You know, to the chest, to the shoulders. It's no big deal because she is all of 110 pounds, and couldn't hurt me if she tried. But if someone saw that, of course they would see me trying to prevent her from getting in a clean hit, and of course I would be grabbing her by the arms in an attempt to stop her.

So the account from witnesses from the outside looking in, if asked, could be that 'they' were hitting each other, just because they heard me getting loud and rowdy, and trying to stop her from getting in a good playfully hit.

Considering that type of scenario (It's sort of what she said was going on) and who they have running the Title IX show at USC, and I could easily see this type of scenario play out as a real possibility.....

Investigator: Were they yelling at each other?
Witness: Yes.

Investigator: Was there any physical contact or striking between them?

Conclusion: The young man is obviously violent, a threat to this young lady, and other women on campus. He clearly is in violation of Title IX guidelines, so we must take immediate action. He must be removed immediately from the USC student body and all USC functions and have no contact with here to protect this obvious battered woman who is clearly in denial, and covering for him.
:L

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe she was the one doing all of the striking in the 'horsing around', and maybe he was just getting loud and grabbing her so she couldn't get a good lick in.

If someone witnessed something like that, the dude could easily be viewed as an aggressor.

Couple that with the Orthodox Feminist running the show at SC, and this young lady is right, he never had a chance.

That too could explain why why she didn't come forward sooner, and why she hired a lawyer.

When wifey and I horse around, I tease the hell out of her, and she has been known to retaliate with some playful punches. You know, to the chest, to the shoulders. It's no big deal because she is all of 110 pounds, and couldn't hurt me if she tried. But if someone saw that, of course they would see me trying to prevent her from getting in a clean hit, and of course I would be grabbing her by the arms in an attempt to stop her.

So the account from witnesses from the outside looking in, if asked, could be that 'they' were hitting each other, just because they heard me getting loud and rowdy, and trying to stop her from getting in a good playfully hit.

Considering that type of scenario (It's sort of what she said was going on) and who they have running the Title IX show at USC, and I could easily see this type of scenario play out as a real possibility.....

Investigator: Were they yelling at each other?

Investigator: Was there any physical contact or striking between them?

Conclusion: The young man is obviously violent, a threat to this young lady, and other women on campus. He clearly is in violation of Title IX guidelines, so we must take immediate action. He must be removed immediately from the USC student body and all USC functions and have no contact with here to protect this obvious battered woman who is clearly in denial, and covering for him.
:L
I can see what you are saying.But unless the report is released all we really have to go on is speculation.I do know the bulk of the reports I've read stated Katz was shoved against a wall during an incident.That was reported by members of the SC mens tennis team. I also read a statement by Katz saying she had a one way no contact order she could not have removed.Which would make sense if this was a case of domestic violence.When an act of domestic violence occurs whether the report comes from the victim or witnesses.An OOP is an automatic whether either party wants it in place or not.Its part of the process involving domestic violence.

"he was forbidden to contact me because of an unfounded concern about my safety (it was a one-way no contact order, and every one of my repeated attempts and those of my own attorney to have it lifted it were denied)".

As far as the athletic dept.As Helton stated they were taken out of the equation once it was passed on to investigation.I can't say what happened all we are getting are bits and pieces.But that no contact order makes this really questionable to me.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon won a lot of games over the last decade without having a kicker so it can be done. :whistle:

I can still neither confirm nor deny that Oregon has a place kicker.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can still neither confirm nor deny that Oregon has a place kicker.
Actually that's what makes the Neb game last year hurt even more. Oregon has 2015 3rd team All American and 1st team All Pac 12 kicker Aiden Schneider. #2 in the country in FG accuracy and 9th in scoring. Won the Vlade award which is given by the touchdown club of Columbus for college football's most accurate kicker.