• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not what you think. I meant pipeline of great QBs in the pac. It looks like Oregon might have a pretty good one. But everything I said before rings true. Not even someone good enough to start since MM was signed like six years ago.
well i mean there is Herbert. and it hasnt impacted recruiting of QBs like you were trying to say it would also

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i mean there is Herbert. and it hasnt impacted recruiting of QBs like you were trying to say it would also
Cool, so you have a high level QB recruit coming in? Didn't see their name on the Elite 11 finals. Must have missed that one.

I mean we could loan you one of ours. We have two en sech.

:whistle:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you have one who looks like he could be decent. But that doesnt erase the years of squat recruiting and zero developing since the day after Oregon signed Mariota. No you don't have a pipeline. I was talking about the PAC. You have your first in a long time.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for the actual quote, what I wrote is how I remember it, I think it was in 2003 but I do know it was vs Washington.

In my search, I found this list of flubs and it seemed fitting to post them here considering the topic...

1. Weightlifting commentator at the Olympic Snatch and Jerk Event: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was truly amazing."

2. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Grand Prix Race Announcer: "The lead car is absolutely, truly unique, except for the one behind it which is exactly identical to the one in front of the similar one in back."

4. Greg Norman, Pro Golfer: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

5. Ringside Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries and even some deaths in boxing - but none of them really that serious."

6. Baseball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

7. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

8. At a trophy ceremony BBC TV Boat Race 1988: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the Cambridge president is hugging the cox of the Oxford crew."

9. Metro Radio, College Football: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

10. US Open TV Commentator: "One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said?"​

Don't forget the late Cubs announcer Harry Carrey. Picking out a pair in the stands."look at that couple in love, he's kissing her on the strikes and she's kissing him on the balls"

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't want my team to take either of your QBs whiz, you boyz run a pro-style game up there, we run a read option thingie down here…no need for a pure pocket passer in corvallis.

jus sayin.
If you don't want Yankoff to release some of that frustration you have down there, so be it.

:suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Corral highlights from Elite 11. I heard he won the longest throw (70 yards). Pretty good concidering he's not 6'4 or 6'6 like some of these guys. That Washington kid with the knee brace is a big boy.

Matt Corral Elite 11 Highlights

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one will transfer before their time is up
Well no shit. I mean is that really something that has to be said? :noidea:

Doubt both actually sign. If either hits that new early signing period I'd expect the other to probably flinch and go elsewhere.

Having two on the hook substantially improves the chances that at least one actually signs and comes in. That isn't a benefit over teams with one out there that may or may not actually get to sign them?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Corral highlights from Elite 11. I heard he won the longest throw (70 yards). Pretty good concidering he's not 6'4 or 6'6 like some of these guys. That Washington kid with the knee brace is a big boy.

Matt Corral Elite 11 Highlights

Corral is looking better and better as he progresses.As long as he sticks.I'll be more comfortable once the papers are signed. the future looks bright.

“When Darnold leaves they won’t miss a beat with this guy. First of all, there’s no offense he can’t execute. He’s much more mobile than Sam is, and they’ve never had a guy with this arm talent, not even Carson Palmer. He won the Long Throw competition at the camp with a 70-yard throw that was a rope, 15 feet off the ground. It was a “Yasiel Puig from deep in right field” throw to get the guy at third. It was a violent throw. I haven’t seen a throw like that since I saw John Elway in high school. And he could have a Fernando Valenzuela-type impact at USC, more than Mark Sanchez did because Mark didn’t stay. But Matt is also more tenacious than Mark, Mark would play the guitar but Matt will take the guitar and smash it over the city”

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corral is looking better and better as he progresses.As long as he sticks.I'll be more comfortable once the papers are signed. the future looks bright.

“When Darnold leaves they won’t miss a beat with this guy. First of all, there’s no offense he can’t execute. He’s much more mobile than Sam is, and they’ve never had a guy with this arm talent, not even Carson Palmer. He won the Long Throw competition at the camp with a 70-yard throw that was a rope, 15 feet off the ground. It was a “Yasiel Puig from deep in right field” throw to get the guy at third. It was a violent throw. I haven’t seen a throw like that since I saw John Elway in high school. And he could have a Fernando Valenzuela-type impact at USC, more than Mark Sanchez did because Mark didn’t stay. But Matt is also more tenacious than Mark, Mark would play the guitar but Matt will take the guitar and smash it over the city”

Whats amazing is every starting QB at USC since Carson Palmer(2002) has been drafted. I was thinking JD Booty didn't but when I checked he had also been drafted. Right now Sanchez, Barkley, Kessler, Palmer are all getting NFL paychecks. The one who had the best college career Lienart is the odd man out.lol .

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats amazing is every starting QB at USC since Carson Palmer(2002) has been drafted. I was thinking JD Booty didn't but when I checked he had also been drafted. Right now Sanchez, Barkley, Kessler, Palmer are all getting NFL paychecks. The one who had the best college career Lienart is the odd man out.lol .
Hell even Cassel was drafted. And I believe he signed with the Titans this year.It may run even deeper as far as drafted. I would have to look. Rob Johnson, Marinovich.... Darnold has been something special. And I'm hoping he progresses further this year. That's not always easy in the spot light. But he seems to have a rare form of poise. But looking into the future at QB with SC. Sears had a great spring game. Has a great skill set and has been making a mark since showing up on campus. He may actually win the back up spot over Fink behind Darnold ontbe depth chart. And Corral will still be lighting it up after the transfer to Long Beach Poly.His skill set is unreal. That wasn't just a 70 yard throw that was a rope. His other two throws went 69 and 68 yards I believe. Which is very impressive being as he's still only in HS

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell even Cassel was drafted. And I believe he signed with the Titans this year.It may run even deeper as far as drafted. I would have to look. Rob Johnson, Marinovich.... Darnold has been something special. And I'm hoping he progresses further this year. That's not always easy in the spot light. But he seems to have a rare form of poise. But looking into the future at QB with SC. Sears had a great spring game. Has a great skill set and has been making a mark since showing up on campus. He may actually win the back up spot over Fink behind Darnold ontbe depth chart. And Corral will still be lighting it up after the transfer to Long Beach Poly.His skill set is unreal. That wasn't just a 70 yard throw that was a rope. His other two throws went 69 and 68 yards I believe. Which is very impressive being as he's still only in HS

I haven't followed Corral as much as others. I watched Fink play quite a few games at Glendora and really liked him. Corral at Oaks I didnt follow as much because I have a little disdain for that school because they always seem to knock out my old HS out of the CIF playoffs. lol. But now that he's at LBP and because he sounds like he's really commited I'm watching him more and he's got serious mobility and that arm strength is off the charts. I was worried the year before when he was a soph and he was listed as 6' and last year because he was listed at 6'1 and I just hate the Tate Martel (5'11") sized qbs but he's listed now at a respectable 6'2" so size shouldn't be an issue.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't followed Corral as much as others. I watched Fink play quite a few games at Glendora and really liked him. Corral at Oaks I didnt follow as much because I have a little disdain for that school because they always seem to knock out my old HS out of the CIF playoffs. lol. But now that he's at LBP and because he sounds like he's really commited I'm watching him more and he's got serious mobility and that arm strength is off the charts. I was worried the year before when he was a soph and he was listed as 6' and last year because he was listed at 6'1 and I just hate the Tate Martel (5'11") sized qbs but he's listed now at a respectable 6'2" so size shouldn't be an issue.
He's already got the build of a college QB.The 70 yard throw was actually into the wind. There is still a long time between now and signing day.And I'm never comfortable until after the paper is signed.He has generated a lot of interest from schools like Georgia and Bama. But he has said he's still committed to SC and wants to play near home. And has been actively recruiting other players to come to SC. Including guys like WR's Hall and St Brown that know Corral well

giphy.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already got the build of a college QB.The 70 yard throw was actually into the wind. There is still a long time between now and signing day.And I'm never comfortable until after the paper is signed.He has generated a lot of interest from schools like Georgia and Bama. But he has said he's still committed to SC and wants to play near home. And has been actively recruiting other players to come to SC. Including guys like WR's Hall and St Brown that know Corral well

giphy.gif
That St.Brown kid is supposed to be a beast. I hear ND and Stanford are hot on his trail.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That St.Brown kid is supposed to be a beast. I hear ND and Stanford are hot on his trail.
They are I'm hoping he sways toward SC tho. But SC has a lot of targets for next years signing day. Panel Sewell is big on the list for OL.Btw Corral made the elite 11

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite 11 notes *(edited by me. Feel free to read the whole article)
Recapping the Elite 11 Finals
No ‘Alpha’ Emerged

247Sports’ signature feature is naming an ‘Alpha Dog’ at the various camps and competitions held throughout the year. Tabbing the top quarterback from this Elite 11 Finals proved to be a tough task. Certainly, no signal caller separated from the pack the way Alabama signee Tua Tagovailoa did a year ago.

Perhaps the quarterback that has the strongest argument is USC commit Matt Corral, who was the only quarterback to finish inside the top 5 of 247Sports’ rankings the first two days. However, a 9 of 15 for two touchdown performance during the 7on7 portion, the camp’s most important session, was a middle of the pack outing.

The top performer during the 7on7 portion, Washington State commit Cammon Cooper, was in the lower half the group during the pro day simulation on Saturday night and the throwing circuit the quarterbacks did on day one. He certainly upped his play during the most important session, but was it enough to erase two below average outings previously?

Another quarterback that has an argument for top billing on the weekend is UCLA pledge Dorian Thompson-Robinson. Each day, he improved his standing on 247Sports’ daily rankings landing at No. 11 following the opening day’s throwing circuit, No. 5 after the pro-day simulation, and No. 3 following the 7on7 portion.

Washington commit Jacob Sirmon was the other composite five-star 247Sports had on notice. The No. 28 in the nation ranking next to Sirmon’s name comes with lofty expectations. Unfortunately, the 6-foot-4, 225-pound prospect did not earn a top 11 ranking from 247Sports any of the three days at Elite 11. Simply put, he did not answer the bell this weekend, while others with lower ratings out-shined him regularly during the three open throwing periods.

The 12 quarterbacks that advanced to The Opening later this month were Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Tanner McKee, Tyler Shough, Matt Corral, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Jack Tuttle, Devin Leary, Cammon Cooper, Quincy Patterson, Jarren Williams, and Justin Rogers.