• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma as in what kind?

All that talk about , you need to be committed to us when you say you're committed. Then they go after another QB. It's what coaches have to do do. And recruits have to look out for themselves. This ain't Boise. These players have options and teams will go after your players just like you go after theirs.
Sometimes you don't know what you have. USC had two 5* QBs on campus when Darnold arrived and now it's him and a 3* Fink holding the fort till maybe Sears steps in.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that talk about , you need to be committed to us when you say you're committed. Then they go after another QB. It's what coaches have to do do. And recruits have to look out for themselves. This ain't Boise. These players have options and teams will go after your players just like you go after theirs.
Sometimes you don't know what you have. USC had two 5* QBs on campus when Darnold arrived and now it's him and a 3* Fink holding the fort till maybe Sears steps in.

I can honestly say relying on a 17/18 yr old to keep his word on anything is crazy until he signs the dotted line, hell even then I still would trust them until he steps foot on campus.
For this young man to be all "butthurt" about them signing another QB is childish, every P5 is looking to get better with talent but with some quality depth as well. It's called competition and competing, if he was that foolish to think they would say, "great we got a kid so we will stop looking for others" this kid is in for a rude awaking in the real world....

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say relying on a 17/18 yr old to keep his word on anything is crazy until he signs the dotted line, hell even then I still would trust them until he steps foot on campus.
For this young man to be all "butthurt" about them signing another QB is childish, every P5 is looking to get better with talent but with some quality depth as well. It's called competition and competing, if he was that foolish to think they would say, "great we got a kid so we will stop looking for others" this kid is in for a rude awaking in the real world....
Competition is good but a lot of these kids want to play for a team where they will most likely start for a minimum of two years without another top 300 QB in the same class breathing down their neck. I know if I was a 5+ QB I'd want to go where I had the best chance of starting.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure Darnold was a 4*. Maybe he was but Ricky Towne and

Well , is it butt hurt or once Washington signed another QB other schools felt like they have shot at flipping him and they started recruiting him again? QB is a position where there can only be one starter and he could stick for two three years so you'd be foolish to not check out what other teams are offering as far as possibly playing time or their history of QB development. You might still like where you commited but al least you saw what was out there. Once they are on campus I agree you need to compete. If you're a WR or a RB or LB or O or D line you know there are spots that will open up. QB not so much.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally if I were a coach if I were recruiting any quarterback and he came from the state of Washington I'd cross him off the list. The success rate is horrible for QB's out of Washington.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely.

I must be missing something. I don't see what he said that sounded butthurt? He said he was looking forward to the competition, being friends as well as competitors, etc.

Outside of that, he basically said he was committed to Washington, but will consider other options. He still has his senior year in high school to play. He'd be smart to keep his options open whether they recruited another top qb or not.

A lot can happen between now and his signing day.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3