• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring practice starts tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

keller chryst (stanford qb) is projected to be back just in time for the opener, but who knows how that will play out and he will have missed all spring and fall with the acl injury. very unfortunate, he started to get on a roll at the end of the season

on the plus side it should open up some serious reps for k.j. costello, assuming shaw doesn't go all in on ryan burns who was less than effective in '16

stanford has rarely lost production at running back under shaw when a stud has moved on (gerhart->gaffney->taylor->gaffney->mccaffrey) and now it's bryce love's turn. ol has a season under their belt and the hire of ron gould as running back coach (cal rb coach '97-'12) should keep the running game rolling. only issue will be it there is enough diversity in a passing game to take predictability off the run.

tbh i'm more concerned with how the pass defense will shake out against the pac air attacks....

time will tell

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keller chryst (stanford qb) is projected to be back just in time for the opener, but who knows how that will play out and he will have missed all spring and fall with the acl injury. very unfortunate, he started to get on a roll at the end of the season

on the plus side it should open up some serious reps for k.j. costello, assuming shaw doesn't go all in on ryan burns who was less than effective in '16

stanford has rarely lost production at running back under shaw when a stud has moved on (gerhart->gaffney->taylor->gaffney->mccaffrey) and now it's bryce love's turn. ol has a season under their belt and the hire of ron gould as running back coach (cal rb coach '97-'12) should keep the running game rolling. only issue will be it there is enough diversity in a passing game to take predictability off the run.

tbh i'm more concerned with how the pass defense will shake out against the pac air attacks....

time will tell
With everyone other than LLoyd returning from the secondary and Holder getting healthy I think the DB's are the least of our worries on D. Replacing Thomas and getting production from the ILB's who stunk up the joint last year is more of a concern to me.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everyone other than LLoyd returning from the secondary and Holder getting healthy I think the DB's are the least of our worries on D. Replacing Thomas and getting production from the ILB's who stunk up the joint last year is more of a concern to me.
At least your team has a semblance of a defense to start with. I'm not sure where the Ducks are gonna even start. The only bright side is that a lot of young players got experience last year, they stunk up the joint, but they got playing time.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least your team has a semblance of a defense to start with. I'm not sure where the Ducks are gonna even start. The only bright side is that a lot of young players got experience last year, they stunk up the joint, but they got playing time.
Schooler and Dye are the only things i really remember

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schooler and Dye are the only things i really remember

Hopefully a real DC make the defense respectable and gives the offense a chance to win games.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some USC spring ball notes

USC freshman Taylor Katoa tore his ACL in sping ball the other day and will miss the 2017 season. He was not expected to start or even be in the rotation but it's still a blow to LB depth which is a concern. He will be a RS Freshman next season.
Looks like Matt Fink will be the backup to Darnold this year. Before I even heard of Darnold I had watched Matt play at Glendora and he' was very underrated and glad USC picked him up. Great arm and can run (ran for more TDs than passed in HS). If he played at Mater Dei or St. John Bosco he would have been a high 4*.
Looks like RS Freshman (Florida) Jamel Cook might be replacing the graduated Leon McQuay (Intercepted Penn St with 1 min left in Rose Bowl) at safety/nickleback. He was recruited on offense so they tried him on the other side because of his athleticism for his size. He's 6'4" and 194 and fast but is shooting to play at 210.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a baby!

Geez you think they would just hand you a starting job?
These kid's now a days, really need to get off the nipple a lot earlier in child hood!
I don't think he's too happy about UW recruiting Colson Yankoff and I can't say I blame him much. It's been awhile since Washington has grabbed two QB's in the same class that were ranked that high.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's too happy about UW recruiting Colson Yankoff and I can't say I blame him much. It's been awhile since Washington has grabbed two QB's in the same class that were ranked that high.

Well what do you think goes on at Ally Bama? The same exact thing.... Sure AG I get the kid's point but, like I said you don't just commit and think they hand you over the offense! It doesn't work that way, its a open competition every year......

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what do you think goes on at Ally Bama? The same exact thing.... Sure AG I get the kid's point but, like I said you don't just commit and think they hand you over the offense! It doesn't work that way, its a open competition every year......
Personally if I was a highly ranked pro style QB I wouldn't play for Bama. I'd look at something like Cal, Boise St., Stanford, etc... Why duke it out with a top 300 QB that's in the same class as you when you can go somewhere and be a starter by your sophomore year? Luckily for UW they have Sirmon's cousin committed so that might be enough to keep him locked down.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny. Karma comes home to roost.