• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 Seahawks that I predict at least 3 of them will have substantial injuries next season. Is that morbid? Or it doesn't count when it's your own team? :noidea:

It's college kids
it was random. There was no thread talking about injuries
Its not your team
its the other teams star player with no history of injury

So yeah, it's odd and morbid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you all are being overly sensitive. Like massively overly sensitive.

His earlier comments about a plane crash were morbid. Saying he predicts an injury for a player? Yeah, not worth the fuss you all are making over it. I'm sure he predicts much pain and injury for UW as well and if he said so I'd just give him the same soft pat on the head I always do. He's a coug. That's punishment enough.

:suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you all are being overly sensitive. Like massively overly sensitive.

His earlier comments about a plane crash were morbid. Saying he predicts an injury for a player? Yeah, not worth the fuss you all are making over it. I'm sure he predicts much pain and injury for UW as well and if he said so I'd just give him the same soft pat on the head I always do. He's a coug. That's punishment enough.

:suds:

I just said it's odd and morbid and a little fucked up. Not over thinking it and not fussing over it. If you think it's cool and normal thats cool. I still think randomly saying by a certain point in the season some teams young star is going to tear up his ACL is just weird and morbid. Wanting your team to win or even other teams stars to suck is the norm.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, that's pretty tame for this thread/board really isn't it?

Naw, he does have a point that there is a real difference between wishing for it and simply making a prediction that it is likely.

He's far more likely IMO to injury a shoulder or other upper body than his knee, but I doubt he has a problem with either.

There are guys you can predict will have issues based on their past record and/or size, but outside of that it's pretty damned random. You know someone you wouldn't expect is going to have a major injury for your team.
Well we could talk about Browning for the Huskies, but no way in hell will I wish or predict, that he will get injuryed this coming season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we could talk about Browning for the Huskies, but no way in hell will I wish or predict, that he will get injuryed this coming season.
The point is I wouldn't get all bent over it. Might make a passing comment, but that's about it. Rivalry speak is the norm up here, not the exception. It's just not that big of a deal.

Again, he's a coug. They really don't have much positive to say in general, but can you blame them really? :noidea:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is I wouldn't get all bent over it. Might make a passing comment, but that's about it. Rivalry speak is the norm up here, not the exception. It's just not that big of a deal.

Again, he's a coug. They really don't have much positive to say in general, but can you blame them really? :noidea:
Come on Wizard, if Browning were to get hurt and would have to sit out the season, you would be "bent over it".

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Wizard, if Browning were to get hurt and would have to sit out the season, you would be "bent over it".
Where did I say anything about an actual injury? :L

I said comments made up here about predicting an injury. That's a far cry from what would a fans reaction be to having to actually deal with that injury wouldn't you think?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say anything about an actual injury? :L

I said comments made up here about predicting an injury. That's a far cry from what would a fans reaction be to having to actually deal with that injury wouldn't you think?
Fair enough, but I would never predict an injury to "ANY" athlete.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, lighten up Francis. It was a joke in an off-season thread the when nothing is going on.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maxipad needs to sponsor this thread.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that time Pharaoh Brown the Oregon tight end almost lost his leg when he got hurt? Hilarious

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think that predicting an injury for a player with no history of injury is a bit random and weird, I don't think it's anywhere near the same neighborhood as wishing/hoping for an injury.

Besides, isn't random and weird what we expect from Cougs anyway? :noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think that predicting an injury for a player with no history of injury is a bit random and weird, I don't think it's anywhere near the same neighborhood as wishing/hoping for an injury.

Besides, isn't random and weird what we expect from Cougs anyway? :noidea:

Well, I doubt picking out the top player on one of the top teams so suffer an injury was that random. I would have believed it was random if he picked the outside LB for Arizona state. He obviously picked Darnold just to be funny. The off season must be tough on WSU fans.lol

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Funniest YouTube Video Ever........

Seriously you should not watch!!