• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Kirk Cousins post MNF game thread .

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you roll in with a general sentiment of Cousins aint all that and he is likely more the cause of the problems. You have to understand that your posts will be taken in that light considering that has been your underlying message from the moment you graced us with your presence.

Maybe process statements before you jump to conclusions. Conversations will go better that way. Common sense will tell you that the running game isn't the QBs fault in any situation whatsoever.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are quick to start an argument? Why are you even over here on a regular basis? It just seems very odd as a Steelers fan & I definitely get the opinion that you like to rile folks up. Oh well - thanks for the "asshole" compliment.

I'm over here because I can be, that's why. I don't rile anyone up, I speak my opinions and people get their feelings hurt over it. Not my problem. Get tougher skin if you get offended by opinions of your football team. You decide to argue or offend instead of discuss and converse. Maybe try that instead of just automatically jumping down my throat. There'd be less drama.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that I'll comment on is the "sexy" part of this. By definition a facilitator is one who makes things easy or easier. That's Kirk, all day every day. The "sexy" guy has something else that goes with his game like a Rogers, Brady or possibly Prescott and Wentz who takes nothing and makes something good out of it. There's a grit built into these guys and Dan Snyder wants one!!

I think the sexy angle has more to do with name recognition and the assumed greatness that some of these guys were granted from the moment they stepped into the NFL.

While others have earned it to a degree. You have to ask, how well would Brady, Wilson, Prescott or Rogers have done in DC?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is on pace for 32 tds and 8 ints and 4300 yds he sucks right?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About you? Did I mention you in my reply? I am just stating that selecting a QB high in the draft should not be an option unless the team & fans want to wait a while to see the results. Above all else they better not trade up to get a QB at the risk of losing a huge part of their fanbase.

BTW - where are the folks who were praising Allen for picking up Pryor? Thus far he looks like a huge bust - hope that he proves as wrong sometime soon.

You're right, you didn't mention me, apologies for that but this whole thread got sidetracked because anytime someone mentions Kirk Cousins the nitpicking begins on that thread or post to the point where the posters initial impression is completely turned around.

Here are two reasons why I believe neither Dan Snyder nor Bruce Allen are of the mindset that there's going to be a waiting period of any significance if they go after a QB high in the draft.
1. Dak Prescott
2. Carson Wentz

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are two reasons why I believe neither Dan Snyder nor Bruce Allen are of the mindset that there's going to be a waiting period of any significance if they go after a QB high in the draft.
1. Dak Prescott
2. Carson Wentz

I would also throw in Cam Newton, and Deshaun Watson as reasons why Dan and Bruce are likely to go that route. Also add in the fact that paying Kirk would in effect mean that Bruce got out negotiated... I dont think Bruce is man enough to admit publicly that he was wrong. And signing Kirk long term would be just that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the sexy angle has more to do with name recognition and the assumed greatness that some of these guys were granted from the moment they stepped into the NFL.

While others have earned it to a degree. You have to ask, how well would Brady, Wilson, Prescott or Rogers have done in DC?

We'll have to agree to disagree on the "sexy" thing but on your question, fit has everything to do with how well any of those guys would have fared, so I'll use this analogy. The Bullets/Wizards had a knack in hiring a Coach who never fit their personnel. When they had race horses they hired a half court, walk it up coach. Just as soon as they got half court players they replaced the coach with one who wanted his team to run. Square pegs into round holes, such has been the fate of Washington sports. Now it appears that making the playoffs is the ultimate goals for teams here.

It would not surprise me one bit if we could somehow put Snyder, Leonsis, and the Learners in a room together and ask them to state "the goals of their team is a championship" that there would be a collective 360 degree rotation of heads, some talking in tongues, and all manner of green pea soup would shoot out of their mouths.

Last edited:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is on pace for 32 tds and 8 ints and 4300 yds he sucks right?

Cousins is a stat machine. Those stats aren't surprising. But he can throw for 5,000 yards and the Redskins are still a .500 team. Who's the only one that benefits from that?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over here because I can be, that's why. I don't rile anyone up, I speak my opinions and people get their feelings hurt over it. Not my problem. Get tougher skin if you get offended by opinions of your football team. You decide to argue or offend instead of discuss and converse. Maybe try that instead of just automatically jumping down my throat. There'd be less drama.

Tougher skin? You really think that I care about your opinions? I am basically just laughing at you. Like someone said here previous - lighten up & don't be so serious. Hmm - who was that.

Nobody gets upset by your opinions - like me they just laugh at them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is a stat machine. Those stats aren't surprising. But he can throw for 5,000 yards and the Redskins are still a .500 team. Who's the only one that benefits from that?

its exactly what happened last year. Kellerman said something interesting. KC is not going to win you a Superbowl but you can win a Superbowl with KC. Think about that statement. Very true. Now its up to the organization to determine if they want to pay huge money for this. Plus you would have to think if KC leaves that the Skins could move on from Gruden too.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also throw in Cam Newton, and Deshaun Watson as reasons why Dan and Bruce are likely to go that route. Also add in the fact that paying Kirk would in effect mean that Bruce got out negotiated... I dont think Bruce is man enough to admit publicly that he was wrong. And signing Kirk long term would be just that.

Cam Newton? LOL. At this time he appears to just be a bigger, more durable version of RG3. Who wants that?

Oh well - who knows what these clowns want.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tougher skin? You really think that I care about your opinions? I am basically just laughing at you. Like someone said here previous - lighten up & don't be so serious. Hmm - who was that.

Nobody gets upset by your opinions - like me they just laugh at them.

It's not a matter of caring, it's a matter of being a fucking douchebag when I say something that you disagree with. Grow up and learn how to talk to people like an adult

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its exactly what happened last year. Kellerman said something interesting. KC is not going to win you a Superbowl but you can win a Superbowl with KC. Think about that statement. Very true. Now its up to the organization to determine if they want to pay huge money for this. Plus you would have to think if KC leaves that the Skins could move on from Gruden too.

I could perhaps buy that if Cousins had any running game, the line was at least somewhat healthy & had at least one - ONE - WR playing worth a crap. OK - I get Jackson & Garcon helping Cousins but honestly when was the last time that the Redskins WR corps was this bad?

You were practically doing cartwheels when they signed Pryor. How is that one working out?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton? LOL. At this time he appears to just be a bigger, more durable version of RG3. Who wants that?

Oh well - who knows what these clowns want.

I will state again... I think what they want is that guy who is mentioned as an ELITE QB. When people rattle off the names of Elite QBs or future elite QB's sad to say, Kirks name is NOT in that conversation. Hell you got people that would still debate on if he is even a franchise QB, never mind elite. HAd Kirk bee drafted in the first, or hell even in the second round... wit the exact same performance mind you.. .Dan would have gladly made him the highest paid player in the NFL, and would have considered firing Bruce if he balked.

Kirk has the performance, just not the pedigree.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of caring, it's a matter of being a fucking douchebag when I say something that you disagree with. Grow up and learn how to talk to people like an adult

Whatever dude - you come off as this know-it-all & then sulk when anyone disagrees with you. Go back to the Steelers board. Your opinions add nothing to the conversation except for some laughable comments.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will state again... I think what they want is that guy who is mentioned as an ELITE QB. When people rattle off the names of Elite QBs or future elite QB's sad to say, Kirks name is NOT in that conversation. Hell you got people that would still debate on if he is even a franchise QB, never mind elite. HAd Kirk bee drafted in the first, or hell even in the second round... wit the exact same performance mind you.. .Dan would have gladly made him the highest paid player in the NFL, and would have considered firing Bruce if he balked.

Could you imagine if Cousins was the QB in a game like the Panthers played against the Bears. The Bears had 5 - count it 5 - first downs all game yet easily won that game. Cousins would have been crucified in that situation (probably either as the Panthers or Bears QB). BTW - some folks are praising Trubisky for that performance - he basically did nothing in that game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could perhaps buy that if Cousins had any running game, the line was at least somewhat healthy & had at least one - ONE - WR playing worth a crap. OK - I get Jackson & Garcon helping Cousins but honestly when was the last time that the Redskins WR corps was this bad?

You were practically doing cartwheels when they signed Pryor. How is that one working out?

Everyone was excited when we signed Pryor. Our WR core is not bad its about average. Reed and davis are good receiving Te's. Crowder is a decent slot WR. Doctson has to develop. Grant is solid nothing special but catches the ball. There are teams that have worst then what we got. That is kind of the point can KC win with average talent?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC is not going to win you a Superbowl but you can win a Superbowl with KC. This is why the Skins are waiting.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if Cousins was the QB in a game like the Panthers played against the Bears. The Bears had 5 - count it 5 - first downs all game yet easily won that game. Cousins would have been crucified in that situation (probably either as the Panthers or Bears QB). BTW - some folks are praising Trubisky for that performance - he basically did nothing in that game.

Trubisky was a #2 over all pick, as such he has a leash that stretches a long way. You are right Kirk would have been crucified.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is not going to win you a Superbowl but you can win a Superbowl with KC. This is why the Skins are waiting.

So basically.. chasing elite.

Hi my name is Dean.. and I endorse this course of action.