• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official Kirk Cousins post MNF game thread .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt he though ? We are the colts if he isn’t playing

I was going to say the Browns..... but is there really a difference??

Note: I agree he is carrying this team, he just isnt doing it as flamboyantly as some of his compatriots.

Winning is the best deodorant in the NFL.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you guys say the top 2 issues are with this team and who's fault is it that they are the main issues on the team?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you guys say the top 2 issues are with this team and who's fault is it that they are the main issues on the team?

At the moment, health and a lack of productivity from the WR/RB groups.

In general, a still questionable Defense, and a lack of production from the WRs/RB group.

Both of these fall on the front office for failing to address the defense for years, and for mismanaging resources for years. For as much as they HOPED Pryor would improve and Doctson would get it done, if they really had hopes of winning the Division.. one of either Garcon or Jackson should have been retained.

We rolled into the season with too many people on both sides of the ball in recovery mode from lingering health concerns. And we are paying for it right now.

The lack of addressing the defense in any meaningful manor... well I think any one who has seen me post knows where I think they screwed up on that one. We are a year or two away from having a real defense, while they are better than last year in some areas, I still see the same zits pop up far too often.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment, health and a lack of productivity from the WR/RB groups.

In general, a still questionable Defense, and a lack of production from the WRs/RB group.

Both of these fall on the front office for failing to address the defense for years, and for mismanaging resources for years. For as much as they HOPED Pryor would improve and Doctson would get it done, if they really had hopes of winning the Division.. one of either Garcon or Jackson should have been retained.

We rolled into the season with too many people on both sides of the ball in recovery mode from lingering health concerns. And we are paying for it right now.

The lack of addressing the defense in any meaningful manor... well I think any one who has seen me post knows where I think they screwed up on that one. We are a year or two away from having a real defense, while they are better than last year in some areas, I still see the same zits pop up far too often.

I'd agree with the defense and the rb/wr issues. It's bad when you have 5 WRs/RBs/TEs who have more than 20 targets and only 2 have a catch % of at least 70%. Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson. Also CT is the leading receiver and rusher and he's only started in 1 game. Maybe the problem all along is the front office's lack of attention to supporting roles on the team?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with the defense and the rb/wr issues. It's bad when you have 5 WRs/RBs/TEs who have more than 20 targets and only 2 have a catch % of at least 70%. Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson. Also CT is the leading receiver and rusher and he's only started in 1 game. Maybe the problem all along is the front office's lack of attention to supporting roles on the team?

I tend to agree. You do realize, if not for defensive break downs in two, possibly all three losses, the narrative likely changes from.. Is Kirk worth the money to OH lord how much exactly are the Redskins going to have to pay to keep Cousins right?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. You do realize, if not for defensive break downs in two, possibly all three losses, the narrative likely changes from.. Is Kirk worth the money to OH lord how much exactly are the Redskins going to have to pay to keep Cousins right?

If you guys had a running game, and your receivers could catch the ball, and your defense was a tad bit better, I'm sure the Redskins are sitting at 4-2. maybe even 5-1 right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor solution to run game and young wrs

Defense ( although improved ) lacks depth at d/ line and safety

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he’s only a system quarterback and barely above average in some eyes, it probably hurts to face the reality that Cousins is second in NFL history, when it comes to completion percentage among quarterbacks, at 66.1%, with at least 1,500 career attempts.

Cousins enters the game second in NFL history(behind Drew Brees 66.7%) in completion percentage (66.1) among players with at least 1,500 career attempts.

In yards per pass attempt, a key metric in today’s NFL, Cousins is tied for 11 th all-time in NFL history, with two legends (Bart Starr & Johnny Unitas) at 7.8. That’s just one-tenth of a yard below Aaron Rodgers , Russell Wilson, Tony Romo and Kurt Warner’s career mark of 7.9 through week seven.

Cousins is also seventh all time, tied with Ben Roethlisberger in adjusted yards per pass attempt (a complicated formula) at 7.64, just a notch below Tom Brady and Tony Romo (7.81) and a spot ahead of Peyton Manning (7.61), based on a minimum of 1,500 attempts.

Just saying
Yeah, but he has a noodle arm. He throws too many interceptions. He cant make off schedule plays. Oh, wait. He has solved all those issues. But he is still just a facilitator, right?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he’s only a system quarterback and barely above average in some eyes, it probably hurts to face the reality that Cousins is second in NFL history, when it comes to completion percentage among quarterbacks, at 66.1%, with at least 1,500 career attempts.

Cousins enters the game second in NFL history(behind Drew Brees 66.7%) in completion percentage (66.1) among players with at least 1,500 career attempts.

In yards per pass attempt, a key metric in today’s NFL, Cousins is tied for 11 th all-time in NFL history, with two legends (Bart Starr & Johnny Unitas) at 7.8. That’s just one-tenth of a yard below Aaron Rodgers , Russell Wilson, Tony Romo and Kurt Warner’s career mark of 7.9 through week seven.

Cousins is also seventh all time, tied with Ben Roethlisberger in adjusted yards per pass attempt (a complicated formula) at 7.64, just a notch below Tom Brady and Tony Romo (7.81) and a spot ahead of Peyton Manning (7.61), based on a minimum of 1,500 attempts.

Just saying

You making that stuff up dad? He is maybe a little better than average at best. :scratch::D

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense didn't lose the first Philly game. They were bad in the KC game, and they bear responsibility for the 2nd Philly game, but those 2 consecutive 3 n outs, where a 10-3 lead turned into a 17-10 deficit. Are on a terrible decision by Kirk to throw a behind the LOS pass to Reed being covered like a blanket on 3rd n 1 and play calling.