• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the new King in the 4th.

He is essential to that Team.

On a side note, Jae Crowder has been really good since the trade.

Crowder really didn't fit in Cleveland, surprised as I thought he would be the ideal guy to give Lebron a backup and more rest.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk died down some because he hit the rookie wall over the last month and a half. His shooting numbers dropped off quite a bit. But it looks like he might be breaking through it this last week or so

He lost a lot of minutes/shots as Randle emerged and Luke kept Bropez in the rotation. Ingram's injury has opened up more minutes for him lately.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's...crazy!

I was reading a rookie ladder article that had Josh Jackson as the 4th best rookie.

Thoughts?

He has been getting numbers lately.

But, He had a BRUTAL start and they are so trash.

How can you put him ahead of Kuzma?

I don't know if I will put him over Fox and DSJ.

I missed this post.

I think once you get past Simmons and Mitchell there are 4 or 5 guys who could all legitimately claim to be the 3rd or 4th best rookies.

Tatum, Kuzma, Jackson, Collins, Markanen, Bam.

Look at the rookie PER stats..

https://SportsHoopla.com/2DTCCMw

Seems like the list goes more or less how you expect, although some of the big men bench guys are a little higher than they probably should be.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed this post.

I think once you get past Simmons and Mitchell there are 4 or 5 guys who could all legitimately claim to be the 3rd or 4th best rookies.

Tatum, Kuzma, Jackson, Collins, Markanen, Bam.

Look at the rookie PER stats..

https://SportsHoopla.com/2DTCCMw

Seems like the list goes more or less how you expect, although some of the big men bench guys are a little higher than they probably should be.

I Know Bam been good but pleasant surprise to see him #16 in rookie PER stats.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there may in fact be a possibility of Fultz playing this year...

Basically throwing the ball into Markelle's lap and asking him to do something.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost a lot of minutes/shots as Randle emerged and Luke kept Bropez in the rotation. Ingram's injury has opened up more minutes for him lately.

That's got little to do with his shooting. A decrease in minutes isn't going to cause to you to start clanking shots off the rim. His shooting, especially his 3 point shooting, tanked sometime around mid January and lasted like a month and half. It's a classic case of the rookie wall. He just got burnt out in the dog days of the NBA leading up to the all star break. The same thing happened to Jayson Tatum. Some guys just hit that wall after never having played that many games before and it takes them a minute to work through it. And both have. Both Tatum and Kuzma are playing more like the players they were from earlier this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's got little to do with his shooting. A decrease in minutes isn't going to cause to you to start clanking shots off the rim. His shooting, especially his 3 point shooting, tanked sometime around mid January and lasted like a month and half. It's a classic case of the rookie wall. He just got burnt out in the dog days of the NBA leading up to the all star break. The same thing happened to Jayson Tatum. Some guys just hit that wall after never having played that many games before and it takes them a minute to work through it. And both have. Both Tatum and Kuzma are playing more like the players they were from earlier this season.

Tatum wasn't just a matter of hitting the rookie wall. He was shooting at an unsustainably high rate. He was hitting his 3s at a 50% clip which is all time great good. His January dip to 34% was pretty much inevitable.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there may in fact be a possibility of Fultz playing this year...

Basically throwing the ball into Markelle's lap and asking him to do something.
Wow....

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

The stakes are about to be much higher.

If he can't go in the next week, I wouldn't muck up the rotation right before the playoffs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder really didn't fit in Cleveland, surprised as I thought he would be the ideal guy to give Lebron a backup and more rest.

I was pretty surprised too.

But, It's harder for a guy like Jae to play with LeBron if you don't surround him with shooters, slashers.

He's a nice utility player, not a shooter.

So, hanging out on the perimeter, launching 3's was a waste of his skill set.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

The stakes are about to be much higher.

If he can't go in the next week, I wouldn't muck up the rotation right before the playoffs.

I really don't know what to think. If Brown really had no interest in playing Fultz then he wouldn't have said what he said. But to your point, it's pretty late in the season to be doing trial and error.

If Fultz is going to play they basically need to make that decision this week. You can't have his first appearance back be in the playoffs. That simply isn't fair.

The Sixers remaining schedule has a bunch of tanking teams. Knicks, Hawks twices, Mavs, Hornets. These would be great games to get him involved without putting him in big leverage situations.

As seems required, this story is always more than a little strange.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know what to think. If Brown really had no interest in playing Fultz then he wouldn't have said what he said. But to your point, it's pretty late in the season to be doing trial and error.

If Fultz is going to play they basically need to make that decision this week. You can't have his first appearance back be in the playoffs. That simply isn't fair.

The Sixers remaining schedule has a bunch of tanking teams. Knicks, Hawks twices, Mavs, Hornets. These would be great games to get him involved without putting him in big leverage situations.

This might shock you.

But, I agree with what you said 100%, with no addendums...lol

I'm really excited to see your team in the Playoffs.

That frontline is so long and versatile.

......off topic....

If you get the Lakers pick, what position do you think they should focus on?

I have seen Jontay Porter, Bates-Diop, Gilgeous-Alexander, both Bridges to Philly on mocks.

Basically best player available..

I even saw one where you you might take Trae Young or he drops to #14.

There is no way he gets passed the Clippers pick.

Hell, I don't see him getting passed the Knicks.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum wasn't just a matter of hitting the rookie wall. He was shooting at an unsustainably high rate. He was hitting his 3s at a 50% clip which is all time great good. His January dip to 34% was pretty much inevitable.
Good point.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might shock you.

......off topic....

I have seen Jontay Porter, Bates-Diop, Gilgeous-Alexander, both Bridges to Philly on mocks.

The Sixers need a swing that can create on their own. Someone who can hit outside shots but ideally is more than just a spot up shooter. They already have RoCo to be their 3 and D player. So someone who can back him up but also play the 2 as a perimeter attacker.

I don't know enough about the college kids as I don't really want college ball outside a little bit during March Madness. But what I've read the Bridges kid from Nova seems to be the preferred choice of Sixers Nation but that could be because he's a Nova kid.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might shock you.

......off topic....

When picking at #10-12, I'm placing a higher priority on defense. I want the player that can defend multiple positions with good length and high steals/blocks. High blocks doesn't necessarily translate to the NBA, but in general, high steals do. After that, FT%. FT% is one of the better indicators that a players shot will transfer to the NBA. If this player can be an above average defender, then I would prefer to see their offense improve over time.

With that in mind, Mikal Bridges would be my top choice, followed by Zhaire Smith.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would have played 30+ minutes in the past three games....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have played 30+ minutes in the past three games....

Yeah. If he were to get into the roster he could absolutely be putting in minutes instead of guys like Korkmaz or Demtrius Jackson who not be getting any minutes in the playoffs.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't just 3s though. He dipped everywhere even with the unsustainable 3pt % from the start of the season.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news

giphy.gif