• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Knicks Lakers game just turned into a bunch of big ballers

Dam son

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long will this last @Mecca ? 2 weeks

Lmfao.....not long.

This part is significant....

"I'm going to say whatever I want to say, however I want to say it," Ball said. "And they said, 'LaVar, come and talk to us first.' So that's fine too.

"But I am going to say, to plant a seed, 'Let's look for this now.' They may not want to hear that, but it's going to be successful if you listen to what I'm saying on that fact that I know what it takes for my son to run like this.

So, he's gonna be giving Luke advice and shit?

Is he now a member of the Coaching Staff?

Scouting Team, Special Consultant?

:pound:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has rewritten his own history, lol. He was the guy shooting airballs from 3 and coming off the bench his rookie year. His rookie year was on a team coming off a playoff appearance and adding Shaq that same offseason. His experience has nothing in common with these Lakers.

Yeah, I remember before the season started, someone asked Luke about having Kobe come in and help with the team.

Luke basically said that this team isn't ready for that. Said that Kobe doesn't have the patience for a team this young.

Kobe just proved him right. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben had a pretty subdued game last night. Actually the past couple of games.

I know he had the flu last week and it is possible that he is still feeling the effects a bit. Or maybe he's just taking on a different role with Covington sidelined.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know he had the flu last week and it is possible that he is still feeling the effects a bit. Or maybe he's just taking on a different role with Covington sidelined.
...and they still won.

The Sixers aren't just a 1, or 2, pony show.

On any given night, Simmons, Covington, Saric, Redick can play Robin to Joel's Batman.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and they still won.

On any given night, Simmons, Covington, Saric, Redick can play Robin to Joel's Batman.

Undefeated when turning the ball over >23 times in a game!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and they still won.

Agreed. Bayless has been a little disappointed. So far McConnell has been far more effective than Bayless.

Right now the team really needs someone who do ISO creation. They are dead list in the league in iso scoring. I'm hoping that Fultz can help with that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of lavar but great interview here. I think this is more of who he is than the act he puts on for the media.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of lavar but great interview here. I think this is more of who he is than the act he puts on for the media.

Yeah, I think he's gotten addicted to the fame and what started as a way to market his sons and get them scholarships and to the NBA, has become about him.

He deserves all of the criticism and mocking he gets, but this interview seems more like what Magic and Pelinka described when they went out to the family home before the draft.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think he's gotten addicted to the fame and what started as a way to market his sons and get them scholarships and to the NBA, has become about him.

He deserves all of the criticism and mocking he gets, but this interview seems more like what Magic and Pelinka described when they went out to the family home before the draft.
Melo seems like a charismatic young kid.

The klepto comes off as a robot most times.

I despise Lavar.

But, this is one of his better showings.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo seems like a charismatic young kid.

The klepto comes off as a robot most times.

I despise Lavar.

But, this is one of his better showings.

Yea Lamelo seems a bit weird and very shy lol. Maybe because he's only 16 but Liangelo seems more open. Lamelo almost came off as very scared of Lavar.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Paul George became available at the trade deadline, what would you think would be a solid offer from the Sixers to be? I think George would be a fantastic fit next to the guys you already have on the team and a reliable second option.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Paul George became available at the trade deadline, what would you think would be a solid offer from the Sixers to be? I think George would be a fantastic fit next to the guys you already have on the team and a reliable second option.

Would the sixers, or any other team take that risk?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the sixers, or any other team take that risk?

Quite possibly no. But the 76ers are one of the most attractive free agent destinations out there. At worst if they gave up a high draft pick, they still have a ton of cap space to lure a max free agent. The 76ers are on the uptick and their #1 draft pick this year hasn't really even played without injury. 76ers are currently 7th in the East, but that could climb significantly throughout the year.

At some point the 76ers will need to stop stockpiling assets like picks and start using them to acquire talent. They're got a great core already. Embiid is locked up for the forseeable future and Fultz and Simmons still have a ways to go on their rookie deals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly no. But the 76ers are one of the most attractive free agent destinations out there. At worst if they gave up a high draft pick, they still have a ton of cap space to lure a max free agent. The 76ers are on the uptick and their #1 draft pick this year hasn't really even played without injury. 76ers are currently 7th in the East, but that could climb significantly throughout the year.

Yes and know. While the sixers are a lot more attractive with Simmons and Embiid, their future is not much brighter than the Lakers for instance.

PG wants to come home. In free agency, how much attractive is Philly compared to LA?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and know. While the sixers are a lot more attractive with Simmons and Embiid, their future is not much brighter than the Lakers for instance.

PG wants to come home. In free agency, how much attractive is Philly compared to LA?

:sherm:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he wants to go home, that's a risk any team acquiring him takes. He might just love the culture and the youth on the team and stay in a conference where he could be competitive. The Lakers don't have any foundational superstar pieces, so I'm not really sure how you could say their future is not much brighter than the 76ers. Embiid does have health risks, but he's a generational talent. Simmons is crazy good already with room to improve.