• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NBA rookies Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to go home, that's a risk any team acquiring him takes. He might just love the culture and the youth on the team and stay in a conference where he could be competitive. The Lakers don't have any foundational superstar pieces, so I'm not really sure how you could say their future is not much brighter than the 76ers. Embiid does have health risks, but he's a generational talent. Simmons is crazy good already with room to improve.

They don't?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't?

Well you seem to think they do. So feel free to enlighten me. Who on your roster right now is currently better than Simmons or Embiid?

Then who's better than Saric or Covington? I haven't even gotten to Fultz who we really haven't seen play yet and was the #1 overall pick.

Kuzma is your best player on the team right now. Jury's out on Lonzo this early into his career, but he definitely has room for improvement. I like Ingram a lot too, but he's not better than Simmons or Embiid. Other than that, the Lakers have no picks, just cap space. The Sixers have two top tier superstar level talents already, lots of upcoming draft picks and tons of cap space.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't?
Superstar?

No.

Ingram looks to be the best of the bunch, long-term, and he has a ways to go.

But, I think he will get there.

Kuzma is my dark horse.

Love everything about him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you seem to think they do. So feel free to enlighten me. Who on your roster right now is currently better than Simmons or Embiid?

Then who's better than Saric or Covington? I haven't even gotten to Fultz who we really haven't seen play yet and was the #1 overall pick.

Kuzma is your best player on the team right now. Jury's out on Lonzo this early into his career, but he definitely has room for improvement. I like Ingram a lot too, but he's not better than Simmons or Embiid. Other than that, the Lakers have no picks, just cap space. The Sixers have two top tier superstar level talents already, lots of upcoming draft picks and tons of cap space.
Kuzma, Clarkson and KCP are their top 3 players.

I would take all 3 over Saric, depending on the price * KCP * even though I think Dario is a luxury for the 76ers.

Nobody on the roster is better than Covington.

So, I agree.

I had the same kinda conversation with @DJ about Zingers wanting Superstar calls against the Lakers.

Of all the guys on both rosters, he was the only Star on the court.

The Lakers don't currently have a guy like Simmons, Embiid, Freak or even KAT,Wiggins on their roster.

But, I think Ingram can get there with a high calorie diet.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take all 3 over Saric, depending on the price * KCP * even though I think Dario is a luxury for the 76ers.

So, I agree.

I had the same kinda conversation with @DJ about Zingers wanting Superstar calls against the Lakers.

The Lakers don't currently have a guy like Simmons, Embiid, Freak or even KAT,Wiggins on their roster.

I think I would take Saric over Clarkson and KCP for positional value, but for overall skill, yes they are currently better. I would probably take Ingram over Saric too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, I agree.

Put it like this...

LA has some quality pieces, but even if PG were added to the Laker roster today for nothing, the 6ers would still have more talent. Embiid and Simmons look like special players and I would easily take either over George or any 3 players on the current Laker roster.

I expect Philly to add a big name this off season. They are the most attractive destination out there assuming Embiid stays healthy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it like this...

LA has some quality pieces, but even if PG were added to the Laker roster today for nothing, the 6ers would still have more talent. Embiid and Simmons look like special players and I would easily take either over George or any 3 players on the current Laker roster.

I expect Philly to add a big name this off season. They are the most attractive destination out there assuming Embiid stays healthy.
Oh, I totally agree.

That holds true even if Fultz is nothing special.

If he can provide some outside shooting, health is the only thing standing in their way.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would take Saric over Clarkson and KCP for positional value, but for overall skill, yes they are currently better. I would probably take Ingram over Saric too.
Agree.

Dario was the reason they beat the Wolves.

Ben didn't have it going until very late.

Saric is such a luxury for them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Paul George became available at the trade deadline, what would you think would be a solid offer from the Sixers to be? I think George would be a fantastic fit next to the guys you already have on the team and a reliable second option.

I'm sure that the Sixers would be willing to give up something but I can't imagine it would be a whole lot unless they were confident of signing him. The Sixers aren't winning anything this year so giving up a lot to go from a 5 or 6 seed to a 3 or 4 seed seems to be of limited value.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Dario was the reason they beat the Wolves.

Ben didn't have it going until very late.

Saric is such a luxury for them.

Saric is the kinda player you always like to have on your team. Solid player that can play the 3 or 4. Good shot. Not going to demand the ball all the time.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to this point in the season, Tatum has largely taken what the defense has given him... taking good advantage of the attention drawn by Kyrie, Horford and a smart offensive system.

But if he can add this to his game on a routine basis... the sky is the limit:

Tatum doesn't have elite explosion, but there is more than one way to skin a cat. If he continues to shoot like he has been... it definitely appears like he can create a market in setting up defenders who have to be concerned with his shot.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Donovan Mitchell this last week I now see why people suggest he could win ROY this year. The kid at least on offense is a beast. What a draft for Utah.

Tatum is in my dog house this last week. He is not being aggressive enough.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Donovan Mitchell this last week I now see why people suggest he could win ROY this year. The kid at least on offense is a beast. What a draft for Utah.

Tatum is in my dog house this last week. He is not being aggressive enough.
Yeah, Donovan is top 3 for me.

Remember Tatum is a rookie.

Lonzo, Simmons, Kuzma, Mitchell, DSJ have all had shit games.

Slumps happen.

He's having a fantastic year.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Donovan is top 3 for me.

Remember Tatum is a rookie.

Lonzo, Simmons, Kuzma, Mitchell, DSJ have all had shit games.

Slumps happen.

He's having a fantastic year.

well you turned me on to Mitchell so thanks. He has this aura about him that reaks of confidence and what moves. tatum I am being hard on because its a head issue. he makes plays when he takes charge, but he seems like he does not know when to take charge of the game.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to this point in the season, Tatum has largely taken what the defense has given him... taking good advantage of the attention drawn by Kyrie, Horford and a smart offensive system.

But if he can add this to his game on a routine basis... the sky is the limit:

Tatum doesn't have elite explosion, but there is more than one way to skin a cat. If he continues to shoot like he has been... it definitely appears like he can create a market in setting up defenders who have to be concerned with his shot.
As a follow up to the above point.... this is what happens when you close out hard on Tatum:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did this become a 'who's better than who' conversation?

You said the Lakers don't have any foundational superstar pieces and I called bullshit on it.

Doesn't matter if Simmons and Embiid become the best two players the league has ever seen, the Lakers still have amazing young players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did this become a 'who's better than who' conversation?

You said the Lakers don't have any foundational superstar pieces and I called bullshit on it.

Doesn't matter if Simmons and Embiid become the best two players the league has ever seen, the Lakers still have amazing young players.

Not foundational superstars though.

Devin Booker is a very good youn player, for example. He is not a foundational superstar though. Ball and Ingram can both be very good. Neither are likely to be superstars though. That is what @CitySushi is saying here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not foundational superstars though.

Devin Booker is a very good youn player, for example. He is not a foundational superstar though. Ball and Ingram can both be very good. Neither are likely to be superstars though. That is what @CitySushi is saying here.

How do you know? Both Lonzo and Ingram are a couple of years away from even buying a beer.

Ingram, Lonzo and Kuzma all have POTENTIAL to be superstars. Let's just wait till they reach their prime before we judge them.

Last season literally EVERYONE was calling Ingram a bust. Now they're running out of great things to say about him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know? Both Lonzo and Ingram are a couple of years away from even buying a beer.

Ingram, Lonzo and Kuzma all have POTENTIAL to be superstars. Let's just wait till they reach their prime before we judge them.

Last season literally EVERYONE was calling Ingram a bust. Now they're running out of great things to say about him.

Cmon now.

Kuzma with superstar potential? I know you are a Laker homer, but that is ridiculous.

Superstars are the best 3-5 players in the entire league. Is it possible one of those guys gets there? Yes. But not likely. Virtually impossible for Kuzma.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a follow up to the above point.... this is what happens when you close out hard on Tatum:

Tatum did finish a few times tonight. (did someone say he is just a jumpshooter?)