• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a thread for this kind of news and Stupid this isn't.
This gal has already signed contracts with huge sponsors like Nike and State Farm. Ice Cube may have just kicked the WNBA square in the vagina.
Considering that the WNBA makes women sign a four year deal out of college and they get a tremendous $77,000 the first year that climbs annually to $95,000, Ice Cube offering Caitlin Clark $5,000,000 for one year in his Big3 League might start forcing WNBA owners to start coughing up some of their pocket profits.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a thread for this kind of news and Stupid this isn't.
This gal has already signed contracts with huge sponsors like Nike and State Farm. Ice Cube may have just kicked the WNBA square in the vagina.
Considering that the WNBA makes women sign a four year deal out of college and they get a tremendous $77,000 the first year that climbs annually to $95,000, Ice Cube offering Caitlin Clark $5,000,000 for one year in his Big3 League might start forcing WNBA owners to start coughing up some of their pocket profits.

The WNBA has always been carried by the NBA, and no one goes to those game so I am not sure what profits the owners could be making. They should just disban the league and be done with this dumb shit;

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vibe for the day...

This weekend I ran (ish) the Oak Barrel Half Marathon.
This is in and around Lynchburg TN with the "Oak Barrel name coming from the Oak Barrels used to age Jack Danial's whiskey which is distilled in Lynchburg.
It is a beautiful course though the country and was an absolute gorgeous day on Saturday.
As I was running along...more of a fast stumble/stagger...I heard two ladies talking in front of me, one of which I will never forget. I'll call her B
She was proud as hell to be out there running, this was her first race in two years. Two years ago she was running a race in Alabama when at mile 10 some girl in a car chased her down and ran her over. broke both of her lower legs. Tibia and Fibula on both lags. broke her heel right off one of her feet.

For no reason.

She said the car swerved at her and she was able to get out of the way, the girl put it in reverse and B again dodged her by jumping up on the sidewalk and the girl turned the wheel sow the front end swung around and clipped her, tires running over B's legs.

And the only reason the girl gave was "I chose you".

Mental health matters. And there is a lack of mental health care in this world.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vibe for the day...

This weekend I ran (ish) the Oak Barrel Half Marathon.
This is in and around Lynchburg TN with the "Oak Barrel name coming from the Oak Barrels used to age Jack Danial's whiskey which is distilled in Lynchburg.
It is a beautiful course though the country and was an absolute gorgeous day on Saturday.
As I was running along...more of a fast stumble/stagger...I heard two ladies talking in front of me, one of which I will never forget. I'll call her B
She was proud as hell to be out there running, this was her first race in two years. Two years ago she was running a race in Alabama when at mile 10 some girl in a car chased her down and ran her over. broke both of her lower legs. Tibia and Fibula on both lags. broke her heel right off one of her feet.

For no reason.

She said the car swerved at her and she was able to get out of the way, the girl put it in reverse and B again dodged her by jumping up on the sidewalk and the girl turned the wheel sow the front end swung around and clipped her, tires running over B's legs.

And the only reason the girl gave was "I chose you".

Mental health matters. And there is a lack of mental health care in this world.
So is this about your run or your political view?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this about your run or your political view?

You got politics from that? I'd lean more heavily into the "parents fucking suck at raising kids" than I would politics but ok.

Shitty parenting is the number one cause of nearly all our problems IMO.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got politics from that? I'd lean more heavily into the "parents fucking suck at raising kids" than I would politics but ok.

Yeah I think, and it's just my opinion Mental Health is often used to excuse just being a shitty person. Wasn't sure if he was taking a political point of view or personal. As to the marathon that is cool, that takes a lot more effort and training then people know

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FuckNut - You created this thread so people could pretty much post what they wanted that resonated with them.
And I asked a question penis breath, get past yourself.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think, and it's just my opinion Mental Health is often used to excuse just being a shitty person. Wasn't sure if he was taking a political point of view or personal. As to the marathon that is cool, that takes a lot more effort and training then people know

FuckNut - You created this thread so people could pretty much post what they wanted that resonated with them.
Sir Douche A Lot strikes again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about mental health being an oft used excuse for bad behaviour.
We will always have evil in this world.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if it was parenting or not. When I say 'girl" I say it from being a 58 year old man. A 30 year old is sometimes a kid. B probably had 10 years on me. So when she said girl, I envisioned someone in their 20's.
I believe she was mentally handicapped. Bipolar, psychotic, sociopathic or something. I don't think better parenting was going to change the fact that she wanted to kill an indiscriminate person.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about mental health being an oft used excuse for bad behaviour.
We will always have evil in this world.....
There is Nature and Nurture.

Some people are brought up in a way that...is not accepted as the norm. Their parents use them as a distraction so they can steal, there fore teaching them that stealing is ok. If raised with a family of PETA members a child would probably not be pro hunter. If raised in a family of hunters, whether big game trophy hunters or just humble providers, a child would probably be pro hunting.

But any person that has been in society long enough to get a license and learn how to drive knows that murder is not just wrong but heinous. So to that I say they are mentally ill. Handicapped, born with a defective brain.

Not just a temporary situation like caught her molesting a child and in a fit of uncontrolled rage lashed out, but "I chose you" for no particular reason. 1000 people ran by me and because you had long legs or a yellow shirt or looked like a school teacher, I chose you to try and murder.

Thats pure evil that I highly doubt was nurtured.

And that is not Liberal/conservative/democrat/republican.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your response didn't hit the douche scale at 10? You call everyone else out but you are the biggest douche here.
So who exactly did I call out Olivia Overreactioner?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mental illness has been used as a legal and moral excuse for people who step outside what the average person considers 'normal' behavior.
Certain actions can never be explained in a satisfactory way to a typical average person. Then again what each of us considers to be 'normal' is certainly different to others. Are we all just a little bit mentally ill?

Perfect example..........Would getting up every day and wondering how many people you might be able to kill that day be normal? Would spending a good part of your day looking for people to kill be considered normal? Would killing 20 or more people and being happy as hell about it be normal?
When those days ended, could you ever be normal again? About 2,000,000 U.S. military personnel did it every day from 1967 through 1975. Did they all come back home normal? Is diving into concrete normal when a car backfires? Is punching your mother in the face normal when someone pokes you in the ribs?

Parenting is certainly a problem. Being raised on a nintendo started the change. Today, kids don't know how to talk to each other face to face. They text behind a pseudoname. Look around. 2 year olds are already using a cellphone to be occupied so that they'll stay quiet and mom and dad can toke a few. We haven't seen how really fucked the next generation will be.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mental illness has been used as a legal and moral excuse for people who step outside what the average person considers 'normal' behavior.
Certain actions can never be explained in a satisfactory way to a typical average person. Then again what each of us considers to be 'normal' is certainly different to others. Are we all just a little bit mentally ill?
Much like politics...there are extremes, but the 80% in the middle are normal.
Perfect example..........Would getting up every day and wondering how many people you might be able to kill that day be normal? Would spending a good part of your day looking for people to kill be considered normal? Would killing 20 or more people and being happy as hell about it be normal?
When those days ended, could you ever be normal again? About 2,000,000 U.S. military personnel did it every day from 1967 through 1975. Did they all come back home normal? Is diving into concrete normal when a car backfires? Is punching your mother in the face normal when someone pokes you in the ribs?
No, killing fellow humans is sometimes necessary for self preservation but it is not normal. If it were soldiers would not suffer PTSD any more than I do from a day at the office.
Parenting is certainly a problem. Being raised on a nintendo started the change. Today, kids don't know how to talk to each other face to face. They text behind a pseudoname. Look around. 2 year olds are already using a cellphone to be occupied so that they'll stay quiet and mom and dad can toke a few. We haven't seen how really fucked the next generation will be.
Liberals...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, killing fellow humans is sometimes necessary for self preservation but it is not normal. If it were soldiers would not suffer PTSD any more than I do from a day at the office.
I have gremlins that live in my head in little cages. Is that PTSD? They've only gotten loose once or twice and I was able to get them back under control before any real damage was done. Or is that mental illness?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it was parenting or not. When I say 'girl" I say it from being a 58 year old man. A 30 year old is sometimes a kid. B probably had 10 years on me. So when she said girl, I envisioned someone in their 20's.
I believe she was mentally handicapped. Bipolar, psychotic, sociopathic or something. I don't think better parenting was going to change the fact that she wanted to kill an indiscriminate person.

Definitely don't want to go off into the void here with this conversation but I am a firm believer that the majority of societies ills come from shitty parenting, regardless of the "childs" age. A 30 year old doing stupid shit was very likely raised by stupid parents. I'd even go so far as to claim the the older the idiot, the more likely that person was raised by idiots. At least actual kids can use the "young and dumb" excuse.

Shitty parents raise shitty kids and the cycle goes on and on and on.

Far worse when it's a one shitty parent household.