• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many people don't know what eating healthy really means

This is a great point. People see "healthy" on the package and assume it's legit. we try to stay away from packages altogether.

We eat raw and steamed veggies, black, wild, or brown rice, fish and chicken(generally speaking). And my wife being Russian makes all kinds of soups so there's always soup in the fridge.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great point. People see "healthy" on the package and assume it's legit. we try to stay away from packages altogether.

We eat raw and steamed veggies, black, wild, or brown rice, fish and chicken(generally speaking). And my wife being Russian makes all kinds of soups so there's always soup in the fridge.
All good stuff. I'd eat a little better if I could be on the same page as my wife. She pretends to be on board then fights. I do the shopping, so that helps. I been making fermented fruit lately to improve my snacking. Fermenting is really easy with a vacuum sealer.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good stuff. I'd eat a little better if I could be on the same page as my wife. She pretends to be on board then fights. I do the shopping, so that helps. I been making fermented fruit lately to improve my snacking. Fermenting is really easy with a vacuum sealer.

LMAO! I think all wife's are the same. :) I also do the majority of our shopping and she does the little additional store runs.

I may try fermenting. Supposedly it's super healthy for the gut and I am a big believer in the gut being a driver of health.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends if you buy wisely. We buy the majority of our shit from a whole produce place called Sunland Produce. We eat a shit ton of veggies and some rice. We spend a bit on cheese because cheese makes everything yummy. The rest of the money goes to fish and chicken which, ya, can get expensive.

I'd be willing to bet that my family eats considerably healthier than the vast majority while spending considerably less than the vast majority.

That all being said, my wife is a stay at home mom so she has the time to make all kinds of yummy stuff with the aforementioned veggies so there's that.
aint nobody got time for that GIF

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends if you buy wisely. We buy the majority of our shit from a whole produce place called Sunland Produce. We eat a shit ton of veggies and some rice. We spend a bit on cheese because cheese makes everything yummy. The rest of the money goes to fish and chicken which, ya, can get expensive.

I'd be willing to bet that my family eats considerably healthier than the vast majority while spending considerably less than the vast majority.

That all being said, my wife is a stay at home mom so she has the time to make all kinds of yummy stuff with the aforementioned veggies so there's that.
We eat normal, but we buy the best ingredients we can.
No processed food...mostly.
Organic wherever we can, grass fed whatever.
As little added sugars and no HFCS or soy bullshit wherever we can.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People today don't know how to shop for food.

The majority buy what's easiest to prepare. Especially foods that can be prepared in the new "Air Fryer".

Pre-prepared, precooked and frozen are the most commonly purchased items. Toss 'em in the airfryer for fifteen minutes and serve the kids a couple dozen pizza snacks or chicken tenders. Why dirty all those dishes making a chicken pot pie or Shepard's pie? Worse, they don't have any concept of how to roast a chicken or bake a or broil a sirloin roast. When boiling water to make Kraft's macaroni and cheese becomes a pain in the ass because Bob Evans is already made for the microwave, that's a problem.

Ever get behind a welfare mom on the fifth of the month at the grocery store? Ever see fresh lettuce, carrots, asparagus, broccoli or califlaur in the pile of of shit in their carts? No one ever taught them how to cook, so they reheat or cook in the microwave. Of course there are those three giant bags of kid's cereal. Volume and sweet. Tax dollars paying for fillers not health.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-prepared, precooked and frozen are the most commonly purchased items. Toss 'em in the airfryer for fifteen minutes and serve the kids a couple dozen pizza snacks or chicken tenders.
Grilled chicken breasts and thighs. Or beer can chicken.
Why dirty all those dishes making a chicken pot pie or Shepard's pie?
My kids have loved my shepherds pie for years. I start with Publix Greenwise ground sirloin. Browned with diced garlic and onions then put in the buttered 9 X 13. Topped with Golden Mushroom soup (A Concession) Delmonte Non GMO Corn (1 can creamstyle, 1 can whole kernel), topped with about 3 1/2...maybe 4 lbs of Publix Organic Yukon Gold mashed potatoes...Garlic mashed. Not shy with the garlic.

Made my first Turkey Pot Pie a couple weeks ago. I let my wife handle the crust. Leftover Smoked Turkey from my Weber. Gravy from said Turkey. I guess more roasted on the Weber than truly "smoked" as that would indicate a lower temperature while cooking. Organic Greenwise mixed veggies. Baked until bubbling. How much more simple can it get? Kids LOVE it.
Well...thanks to the wife for the crust. I'll try.
Worse, they don't have any concept of how to roast a chicken or bake a or broil a sirloin roast. When boiling water to make Kraft's macaroni and cheese becomes a pain in the ass because Bob Evans is already made for the microwave, that's a problem.

Ever get behind a welfare mom on the fifth of the month at the grocery store? Ever see fresh lettuce, carrots, asparagus, broccoli or califlaur in the pile of of she in their carts? No one ever taught them how to cook, so they reheat or cook in the microwave. Of course there are those three giant bags of kid's cereal. Volume and sweet. Tax dollars paying for fillers not health.
Don't forget the 3 bags of Cheeto's and 5 for $10 Pop Tarts!

We did pea soup from our left over Easter Ham Too. MAN that shit is good. And gassy...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The majority buy what's easiest to prepare. Especially foods that can be prepared in the new "Air Fryer".

Pre-prepared, precooked and frozen are the most commonly purchased items. Toss 'em in the airfryer for fifteen minutes and serve the kids a couple dozen pizza snacks or chicken tenders. Why dirty all those dishes making a chicken pot pie or Shepard's pie? Worse, they don't have any concept of how to roast a chicken or bake a or broil a sirloin roast. When boiling water to make Kraft's macaroni and cheese becomes a pain in the ass because Bob Evans is already made for the microwave, that's a problem.

Ever get behind a welfare mom on the fifth of the month at the grocery store? Ever see fresh lettuce, carrots, asparagus, broccoli or califlaur in the pile of of shit in their carts? No one ever taught them how to cook, so they reheat or cook in the microwave. Of course there are those three giant bags of kid's cereal. Volume and sweet. Tax dollars paying for fillers not health.
Right and wrong. Air fryers are just a method of cooking, basically improved convection. It's not a villain. The quick easy eating part of your post is spot on.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The majority buy what's easiest to prepare.
It goes back to accountability. Most just aren't very accountable. It's easier to trust a doctor will have a solution than take time to understand food. Add in that the marketing world blurs the perception of food and even blurs the ability to learn right from wrong. However, there's enough information and sources of that information out there that anyone who really wants to know can learn.

Add in our perception of "costs" are messed up too. We complain about paying extra for good food yet fork out gladly for cable tv services and cell phones/plans.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right and wrong. Air fryers are just a method of cooking, basically improved convection. It's not a villain. The quick easy eating part of your post is spot on.
True. But younger people don't look at the usefulness, they look at the convenience and speed. We just purchased one and are just starting to use it for cooking. It's so good for "heating" items and not making them soggy, that I can understand why people misuse them.

It goes back to accountability. Most just aren't very accountable. It's easier to trust a doctor will have a solution than take time to understand food. Add in that the marketing world blurs the perception of food and even blurs the ability to learn right from wrong. However, there's enough information and sources of that information out there that anyone who really wants to know can learn.
It's the nature of the modern human. I'm Type II diabetic from AO exposure. I got Ozempic as soon as the VA had it available. I take it once a week. The VA couldn't provide it to me last month because the crush of fatties that got their doctors to prescribe it for weight loss has limited the availability to people who medically need it. But they won't be hogging for very long. The FDA just approved another diabetic medicine with the nickname "RoundUp". It's even better at eating body fat. It also is much better at long term blood sugar control. Let's see how difficult this stuff is to get since a person can lose up to 10% of their body fat in 30 days. Fuck the medicinal value, if a fatty can keep eating a half dozen Krispy Kremes every morning and lose thirty pounds in a month.

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS?????????

By 2028 McDonalds will have Krispy Kreme donuts available 24 hours at every McDonalds franchise world wide.

Question? Will you be able to watch your donuts get made at every McDonalds? Did McDonalds buy Krispy Kreme?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But younger people don't look at the usefulness, they look at the convenience and speed. We just purchased one and are just starting to use it for cooking. It's so good for "heating" items and not making them soggy, that I can understand why people misuse them.

It's the nature of the modern human. I'm Type II diabetic from AO exposure. I got Ozempic as soon as the VA had it available. I take it once a week. The VA couldn't provide it to me last month because the crush of fatties that got their doctors to prescribe it for weight loss has limited the availability to people who medically need it. But they won't be hogging for very long. The FDA just approved another diabetic medicine with the nickname "RoundUp". It's even better at eating body fat. It also is much better at long term blood sugar control. Let's see how difficult this stuff is to get since a person can lose up to 10% of their body fat in 30 days. Fuck the medicinal value, if a fatty can keep eating a half dozen Krispy Kremes every morning and lose thirty pounds in a month.

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS?????????

By 2028 McDonalds will have Krispy Kreme donuts available 24 hours at every McDonalds franchise world wide.

Question? Will you be able to watch your donuts get made at every McDonalds? Did McDonalds buy Krispy Kreme?
We all need to eat a certain amount of fat, but ideally it comes in the way of healthy fats from properly raised animals and good vegetable sources. With that stated, if a "fatty" eats constant fat and it gets drugged out of their system they still have a major problem. It's called malnutrition. For every bad food choice comes the elimination of a good choice and ultimately a lack of nutrition.

Doctors and pharmaceutical companies are not supposed to be used like "get out of jail free" cards.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep it KISS.

Now everyone wants to buy into the latest fad. Hell people are buying 2$ bottles of water.

So depending on your personal goals is the first thing to take into account.

Are you a diabetic? Have high bp?...

The bottom line is you need to feed your body what it needs and what you can consume based on your health.

But if you're trying to lose weight you have to take in less calories than body stores.

Exercise and eat what your dieatary balance allows. Forget all the hype and fads.

This is not to dismiss an occasional type of fadish diet. They have their place but are almost impossible to sustain for the majority of people.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all need to eat a certain amount of fat, but ideally it comes in the way of healthy fats from properly raised animals and good vegetable sources. With that stated, if a "fatty" eats constant fat and it gets drugged out of their system they still have a major problem. It's called malnutrition. For every bad food choice comes the elimination of a good choice and ultimately a lack of nutrition.

Doctors and pharmaceutical companies are not supposed to be used like "get out of jail free" cards.

I know there are plenty of conditions where medicine is necessary. But once you start trying to balance a shitty diet with medicine rather than eliminating the culprit in your diet you are likely done for over the long haul.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are plenty of conditions where medicine is necessary. But once you start trying to balance a shitty diet with medicine rather than eliminating the culprit in your diet you are likely done for over the long haul.
And with personal accountability like that, the rest of their life is either delusional, miserable or a combination of both.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are also conditions not at all to blamed on the individual.

I was exposed to Agent Orange from 1969-72. Food was cooked in it, coffee was made with it, drank it, showered in it.
In 1993 I had a piece of my kidney and liver taken for biopsy to see if I had been exposed. There was residual DIOXIN in both organs.
7800 of us were initially tested. in 2024, I had 7 polyps biopsied that were removed from my colon during a colonoscopy. Result was that they were all pre-cancerous and had residual DIOXIN.

The only time that the organic killer Dioxin was used was to create the DMZ across the border between North and South Vietnam. 19,000,000 gallons were sprayed. Congress decided that they didn't want to layoff six hundred workers at Hercules and Dow Chemical and kept making AO and sending it to South Vietnam, placing it in storage and dumping the excess into the South China Sea.

I'm lucky. I got Type II Diabetes and Central Nervous System damage. I have zero feeling in my lower legs and feet and have no pressure sensation in my digestive system. I have no idea that I have to go to the mens room until the waste is knocking at the back door. I have thirty seconds or less to find a porcelain throne. I can live with that because half of the guys I served with got cancer of the brain stem. Can't be treated. Have to wait for it to decide whether is will go south into the major organs of the body and take five to seven years to kill you oor you get lucky and it goes north into your brain and you're gone in six to eight months.

Sometimes, it just ain't your fault. But you can make it easier or harder on yourself. You can control what you eat and drink and what not to eat or drink.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you're trying to lose weight you have to take in less calories than body stores.
There is much more to it than that.

If your only method of losing weight is a calorie deficit then you are stressing your body. Your body then produces higher levels of cortisol which tells your body to turn available calories to fat for storage for your next famine.
So even less calories so there is none available? Then you never have calories to do anything.
Macros. The right types of calories. Everybody needs different amounts of proteins, fats, fiber and sugar. Not to mention minerals electrolytes and vitamins.

Calorie usage as well as storage.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is much more to it than that.

If your only method of losing weight is a calorie deficit then you are stressing your body. Your body then produces higher levels of cortisol which tells your body to turn available calories to fat for storage for your next famine.
So even less calories so there is none available? Then you never have calories to do anything.
Macros. The right types of calories. Everybody needs different amounts of proteins, fats, fiber and sugar. Not to mention minerals electrolytes and vitamins.

Calorie usage as well as storage.
True, that is the science of it. Again most folks don't even know what they're putting in their bodies. Let alone counting macros and micros.

But, as I mentioned I was using the KISS method a tried and proven method for centuries. BLUF putting your body in a caloric deficit will result in weight loss. Ask any POW.

As also mentioned, it's what each individuals' goal/s and current health status are.

Not mentioned, is some issues are heridity and require meds. For some diets and exercise can't overcome drawing a short straw.