• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The insecure 9er fans are buying air rights for this billboard.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners put up signs or flew banners that said Reigning NFC Champions, or Niner Faithful or whatever they call themseleves, I would be fine. This season and whoever holds the last division or conference trophy has the bragging rights until they are de-throned. The past Lombardis are just not even in the conversation and is only used as an attempt to demean the Hawks lack of championships and does not really support the current Niners. Its just petty. What if the Steelers put up a billboard in S.F. that says "We've got 6." Pretty irrelevent to the team this season don't you think?

It's also a bit demeaning to the current 49ers team. Old SBs dont help them sleep at night like they for the fans.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can argue it since the last time they played the 49ers won and they are currently on a 4 game winning streak to 1 game for the seahawks and the 49ers have a better division record as of right now. so as of the last 4 games the 49ers are the better team. :lol:

A 4 game winning streak is nice, but too date aren't the Niners still looking up in the standings? Seattle is still the better team.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can argue it since the last time they played the 49ers won and they are currently on a 4 game winning streak to 1 game for the seahawks and the 49ers have a better division record as of right now. so as of the last 4 games the 49ers are the better team. :lol:

Cherry pick more stuff if it makes you feel better. Whatever helps you sleep at night my friend. :lol:

Just know... when you wake up in the morning, the standings does not change. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
350c8b8c-f680-4334-bf35-2e3798fb36be.gif

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 49er fans who got together to do this are grasping at straws?? What does that mean about the seahawk fans that got together and paid to fly a banner over candlestick??
We all know that the 2 best teams in the NFL are the 49ers and the seahawks. This is good for both teams as long as it stays non violent. Its all in good fun right now. I hope that the billboard doesn't get vandalized. If it gets vandalized then it will look like the kap dre beats commercial was pretty accurate in depicting the seattle fan base the way they did.

Seattle is an up and coming franchise that doesn't come close to measuring up with the history of the great franchises like San Fran, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. So I don't see anything wrong with a franchise like this trying to do a little something extra to give their team a push.

My point is...when you are at the status that San Fran is as a franchise...the rings "should" speak for themselves. Having to go out and create a billboard to remind us of that status really shows how desperate those particular fans are.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh good lord... Seriously ???

This is stupid... it really is...

The Arizona Cardinals are 6-1 the last 7 games...

By your own brilliant reasoning...

The Arizona Cardinals and the Seattle Seahawks are the best team in the NFC West over that span...

and the 49ers

ARE THIRD...

See how dumb that gets ??????

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Arizona Cardinals are 6-1 the last 7 games...

By your own brilliant reasoning...

The Arizona Cardinals and the Seattle Seahawks are the best team in the NFC West over that span...

and the 49ers

ARE THIRD...

See how dumb that gets ??????

Nope cards division record is 1-3 so they are no good!!!! Nice try tho!!!

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope cards division record is 1-3 so they are no good!!!! Nice try tho!!!

Wow... you really are this simple aren't you ????

The WHOLE point of the conversation... which went BYE-BYE to you a long time ago... was the fact that YOU brought up the "last 4 weeks" comment...

which is stupid...

Yes, the Cardinals are 1-3 in the Division...

and if you want to use that... You need to take the ENTIRE SEASON, to fit in that record... (They are 1-0 during the past 7 weeks...)

So...

To dumb it down for you....

YOU JUST NEED TO GO BY THE ACTUAL RECORD FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.... like a normal human being...

Which means...

Seattle is the class of the NFC West...

the 49'ers are 2nd class....

If you need me to put up a YouTube puppet show for you, just let me know... you might be able to follow that :suds:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK Cakes, don't get too worked up over jarrod. He cherry picks stats and numbers to portray his team as being the better team to feel better.

At the end of the day, his team's still looking up at the standings. :suds:

I could also say the Seahawks have gone 12-2 the last 14 games and no one can argue that their team is better. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this action by 49er fans is like that guy we all know. the one that brags about the beautiful girls he dated WAY BACK in Highschool and yet he is single now.

:lol:

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... you really are this simple aren't you ????

The WHOLE point of the conversation... which went BYE-BYE to you a long time ago... was the fact that YOU brought up the "last 4 weeks" comment...

which is stupid...

Yes, the Cardinals are 1-3 in the Division...

and if you want to use that... You need to take the ENTIRE SEASON, to fit in that record... (They are 1-0 during the past 7 weeks...)

So...

To dumb it down for you....

YOU JUST NEED TO GO BY THE ACTUAL RECORD FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON.... like a normal human being...

Which means...

Seattle is the class of the NFC West...

the 49'ers are 2nd class....

If you need me to put up a YouTube puppet show for you, just let me know... you might be able to follow that :suds:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many 49ers does it take to change a light bulb?

None they just sit around and brag about how good the old one was.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A niners fan trolling a seahwaks board?

Stupid?

Yeah.

Also fire hot, water wet, more at 6!

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't find one single reason why this doesn't help both teams. This rivalry is "must see football" right now, and both the organizations (merchandise) and the players (endorsements) will benefit greatly from the publicity.

Maybe...just maybe. Players like Wilson, Tate , Sherm etc.. might be easier to work out a deal with, if they are getting lots of endorsements.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude dont even act like you wouldn't hop in that thing and go back in time for a wacky adventure.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.:suds: Wait a minute...How much does gas cost in that thing.:omg:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't find one single reason why this doesn't help both teams. This rivalry is "must see football" right now, and both the organizations (merchandise) and the players (endorsements) will benefit greatly from the publicity.

Maybe...just maybe. Players like Wilson, Tate , Sherm etc.. might be easier to work out a deal with, if they are getting lots of endorsements.

Don't expect Wilson to do to many "endorsements" he said that's not his thing last year. sure charity type stuff yeah but don't expect the Nike or Adidas type of deals. Not saying he won't but by just going off what he thought about them last season i don't see it. Sure someone might just throw enough money at him that he does one, and i am not in his head so who knows now.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a huge fan of the banner thing because it could have put 12's in greater danger while tailgating or after the game and I had friends there. If I were to give an assessment of the banner vs. what the Niners fans are planning, I have to give more credit to the 12's.

Flying the banner was smarter, positive and supportive of the team and fans, and directly focused on that weeks game. It was smarter because it could not be manipulated by anyone since it was in the sky. It supported the Hawks team and fans which is positive. It only occurred on the day of the event so it was focused on that specific matchup.

The Niner billboards are not as smart, negative and demeaning, and are meant to stay up for multiple weeks that have nothing to do with the Hawks/Niners rivalry. The billboards will get manipulated, although I do not condone that behavior. Even a digital billboard can get hacked. The content of the billboard does not support the Niners or the fans, it just insults (or at least they think so) the Hawks and their fans and has a negative affect overall. They are going to be up during times that have nothing to do with the rivalry. To me, it is purely retaliatory and immature. I am sure the Niner fans will disagree though.

:agree:

Their billboard has nothing to do with the current rivalry and is immature and a sign of insecurity. Of course 9er fans will disagree, they're pom pom waving homers. Solid response.

My STL Cardinals have a rivalry with Cubs, though they're the red-headed step child of MLB, but I'd be ashamed and embarrased if the Cardinals bought a billboard with the 11 trophies "our" squad has won while the Cubs have zip since 1908. Even if the Cubs got hot and sent a banner or some brick.

We're (yes I call it as my team) above that sort of childish, immature, insecure and retaliatory behavior.

Apparently the 9er's aren't.