• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The insecure 9er fans are buying air rights for this billboard.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, because it's late and I clicked the thread:

Seattle has as many Super Bowl appearances in their history, as the Niners did just last year.

Here is what cell phones looked like when Seattle last one a Super Bowl.
image.jpg

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle has as many Super Bowl appearances in their history, as the Niners did just last year.

View attachment 7899

Ok.......... Gotta give you props on that

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, both of our teams have 1 superbowl loss over the last 20 years. Thank you for confirming that.

Over the last 10 years since Seattle joined the division the Seahawks have owned this division. All you have to discuss is achievements made a full decade before we were even here to prevent it.

Oh, we are about to add another division title to our history. That is football THIS year. You know, there has still been football played since the 90's. Maybe you'd like to check it out? :noidea:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.......... Gotta give you props on that

I honestly didn't realize this was on the Seahawks board. There is a similar thread from the general forum. Didn't mean to troll you guys' board. My bad, guys.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:
Yes, both of our teams have 1 superbowl loss over the last 20 years. Thank you for confirming that.

Over the last 10 years since Seattle joined the division the Seahawks have owned this division. All you have to discuss is achievements made a full decade before we were even here to prevent it.

Oh, we are about to add another division title to our history. That is football THIS year. You know, there has still been football played since the 90's. Maybe you'd like to check it out? :noidea:

I'm not gonna do this on your board. My mistake for even posting that here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't realize this was on the Seahawks board. There is a similar thread from the general forum. Didn't mean to troll you guys' board. My bad, guys.

It's ok. We don't have anal ass mods looking to wield their power at the drop of a hat.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it for the same reason I didn't like the brick and the banners. Someone is going to get killed over some asinine shit between two teams. I love my Niners but when did football become a death game? The basic premise of the rivalry thus far wouldn't bother me one bit if it weren't for my hesitation to trust either's fan base with tense moments after victory or defeat by people who we would surely not consider the most stable amongst us.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:

I'm not gonna do this on your board. My mistake for even posting that here.

We have discussions with 49'er fans on our board all the time. Exactly what part of what I said is BS?

There is no category in which the 49's have dominated this division since Seattle joined it. This is fact.

Seattle has more regular season wins, More wins vs your team, more playoff wins, and the same number of superbowl appearances/losses.

It isn't trolling to say Seattle has owned this division. The facts support it. :suds:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have discussions with 49'er fans on our board all the time. Exactly what part of what I said is BS?

There is no category in which the 49's have dominated this division since Seattle joined it. This is fact.

Seattle has more regular season wins, More wins vs your team, more playoff wins, and the same number of superbowl appearances/losses.

It isn't trolling to say Seattle has owned this division. The facts support it. :suds:

I don't know why the bs emoticon is on there. Look at my original post and it isn't there. I didn't use it.

Edit: Well I guess it is there. Was definitely an accident.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans flying banners was stupid as is this, donate money to a good cause that's great and if there is any good out of this then it's fine by me. But honestly both fan bases are coming off bad here looking like little kids arguing over who's daddy is stronger ( Daddy Pete is stronger by the way ;) ).

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it for the same reason I didn't like the brick and the banners. Someone is going to get killed over some asinine shit between two teams. I love my Niners but when did football become a death game? The basic premise of the rivalry thus far wouldn't bother me one bit if it weren't for my hesitation to trust either's fan base with tense moments after victory or defeat by people who we would surely not consider the most stable amongst us.
Well I can see that happening in Oakland, but Seattle? I think we're smarter than that as a fanbase. Yes there are always ugly ducklings in the crowd, but if you were to say "Someone gets killed over a stupid SEA/SF rivalry. In which city does it happen?" I'm willing to bet most people side with the Red and Gold.

I hope it doesn't happen, but cities have their stereotypes and you brought up a hypothetical situation where stereotypes can run rampant. I think shit talking has its place in sports and I enjoy being a part of it. The insecure morons who take it to a level far beyond a little smack talk are scum and deserve to be treated as such.

Intelligent and clever fanbases are good for rivalries. They keep the passion contained through the slow times so that when the teams meet again there's a lot of emotion fueling the fire. Something like buying bricks in your new stadium is a harmless jab that keeps our rivalry burning even when one of our teams is in a down year. It isn't however something to use as a motive for assault or murder.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of fanbases one-upping each other with expensive stunts, no matter how harmless they're intended to be or where the leftover money for these stunts goes. It always has the potential to not end well if even one fan takes things too far or overreacts to what was supposed to be a harmless show of support for a rival team by a single rival fan or a group of rival fans. If boards like the old ESPN board are any indication, some people take their fandom far more seriously than they should and there have been enough stories on the news about fan-on-fan assaults and murders in recent years to suggest that that mentality isn't all just bluster on the boards.

Besides, if you have to announce that you're pulling a stunt ahead of time, it kinda defeats the purpose of said stunt, doesn't it? I mean, announcing that you're gonna put up a billboard in Seattle that is designed to rub multiple championships in the faces of Seahawks fans and then telling people where it's gonna be placed is just begging for someone to vandalize it. It'll get vandalized as soon as someone sees it anyway, but you're offering up that opportunity on a silver platter before a lot of people even get a chance to see it looking the way it was intended to look, totally defeating the purpose of it in the first place.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't it say "How many does your TEAM have?"? Saying "How many do YOU have?" implies the fans actually own the trophies.
Do you own any seahawks apparel? Have you gone to any games? Do you have memorabilia? When you buy those things who gets the money, the NFL and the seahawks, there for you are paying the the salaries of those players and that is your team.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of fanbases one-upping each other with expensive stunts, no matter how harmless they're intended to be or where the leftover money for these stunts goes. It always has the potential to not end well if even one fan takes things too far or overreacts to what was supposed to be a harmless show of support for a rival team by a single rival fan or a group of rival fans. If boards like the old ESPN board are any indication, some people take their fandom far more seriously than they should and there have been enough stories on the news about fan-on-fan assaults and murders in recent years to suggest that that mentality isn't all just bluster on the boards.

Besides, if you have to announce that you're pulling a stunt ahead of time, it kinda defeats the purpose of said stunt, doesn't it? I mean, announcing that you're gonna put up a billboard in Seattle that is designed to rub multiple championships in the faces of Seahawks fans and then telling people where it's gonna be placed is just begging for someone to vandalize it. It'll get vandalized as soon as someone sees it anyway, but you're offering up that opportunity on a silver platter before a lot of people even get a chance to see it looking the way it was intended to look, totally defeating the purpose of it in the first place.
I understand seeing that some people can take things too far, but that happens in every aspect of life. That's on the idiot who isn't smart enough to separate the superficial fandom from the reality of committing a crime. Why should I not enjoy my fandom because 1 or 2 shitheads will go too far? IMO they're going to cross the line somewhere since they're obviously not bright enough to function in a civil society. It's not a matter of "if" with punks like that. It's a matter of "when." In the meantime, I'll keep jabbing at other fans and they can feel free to hit back, as long as they know where the line is.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you own any seahawks apparel? Have you gone to any games? Do you have memorabilia? When you buy those things who gets the money, the NFL and the seahawks, there for you are paying the the salaries of those players and that is your team.
Oh yeah? How many checks have you received from the billions of dollars the NFL rakes in?

The Seahawks are "my" team in fandom alone. If I die tonight, they keep going without noticing.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I said. I consider them "my team". I own Seahawks apparel and I have been to games. But I don't pretend I have any real effect on their success or failure. Just bugs the hell out of me when people use the term "we" when referring to a professional sports team. I get it when it comes to a school you attended or one of the US national teams, but even then I have a hard time saying "we". Don't get me wrong, if the Seahawks actually manage to win something this year I'll be happy as hell. I just won't pretend their victory is somehow an accomplishment of mine.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I said. I consider them "my team". I own Seahawks apparel and I have been to games. But I don't pretend I have any real effect on their success or failure. Just bugs the hell out of me when people use the term "we" when referring to a professional sports team. I get it when it comes to a school you attended or one of the US national teams, but even then I have a hard time saying "we". Don't get me wrong, if the Seahawks actually manage to win something this year I'll be happy as hell. I just won't pretend their victory is somehow an accomplishment of mine.

Usually that is the case. Fans don't really affect the outcome of the game. Usually. However, in Seattle you can make the argument that the Fans DO impact the game and CAN change the outcome of some games. The 12th man is legit and if you've attended games and screamed and hollered and caused false starts or delay of game penalties I think you can pat yourself on the back and say you helped the team win a some small way.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this as any different as flying the banner or buying a brick in Levi's Stadium. Good for the rivalry as long as it doesn't go to far as Cloud said earlier.