• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The insecure 9er fans are buying air rights for this billboard.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a huge fan of the banner thing because it could have put 12's in greater danger while tailgating or after the game and I had friends there. If I were to give an assessment of the banner vs. what the Niners fans are planning, I have to give more credit to the 12's.

Flying the banner was smarter, positive and supportive of the team and fans, and directly focused on that weeks game. It was smarter because it could not be manipulated by anyone since it was in the sky. It supported the Hawks team and fans which is positive. It only occurred on the day of the event so it was focused on that specific matchup.

The Niner billboards are not as smart, negative and demeaning, and are meant to stay up for multiple weeks that have nothing to do with the Hawks/Niners rivalry. The billboards will get manipulated, although I do not condone that behavior. Even a digital billboard can get hacked. The content of the billboard does not support the Niners or the fans, it just insults (or at least they think so) the Hawks and their fans and has a negative affect overall. They are going to be up during times that have nothing to do with the rivalry. To me, it is purely retaliatory and immature. I am sure the Niner fans will disagree though.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole thing is stupid.

1. It's going to get vandalized.
2. They try to justify it by saying anything they get over will go to childrens (thanks for the 100 bucks guys)
3. Who gives a crap about what was going on in the NFL 20+ years ago?

This whole rivalry thing is getting overblown. The NFL loves it because they have a marque matchup for Sunday/Monday night, but at the end of the season it's 2 games out of a 16 game schedule. And come playoff time all the teams are good, even the one that makes it from the NFC East.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a better than average chance the billboard is never put up. As of 5pm today KJR reported they spoke with officials at their parent company (clear channel) and were told there is no contract in place with any SF group for any of their billboards and they own the one being talked about as their location. Now that doesn't mean a contract won't come after today, but it does mean so far they haven't sealed any deals.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billboard material.

BeastHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is leave the goddamn billboard alone. It's good for the game in general and great for both teams and their fanbases. This is a true rivalry which is shaping up to be one of the best in professional sports. So just chill and let them do what they want and spend money in the local economy just as some fellow fans spent money in their local economy. As long as nobody is getting hurt, it's pointless to even contemplate damaging anyone else's property.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I see it...

The 49ers are one of the great historical franchises in all the NFL. Teams like San Fran, Green Bay, New England, Dallas, etc all have great history and are held at a supreme status when you talk about franchise success.

If you are truly the big dog with all the historical success behind your franchise name...why make such a billboard like this?

You won't see New England posting a billboard in New York to send a message to the Jets (when the Jets were contending and going to AFC championship games). The rings speak for themselves.

If the 49ers had put in money to fly a banner or to put up a Go 49ers billboard when/if they come to the Clink again in the playoffs then I can see that making sense. But throwing on this type of billboard...it really seems like the fans are grasping for straws.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the whole billboard screams "you are better than us but we got these" or in other words someone living in the way way past pre realignment and is very insecure.

Since the Hawks moved to the NFC West that's when the History started between these two teams not before. Congratz on your Superbowl wins when the Hawks were in the AFC. But lets look at the facts, one team has "been there before" a lot more than the other since realignment. Can you tell me what team that is? Oh and no it's not the whiners.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers_Super_Bowl_Trophies_a-1024x766.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's going to happen.

Attachments

• 1504960_561163150628503_1502523647_n.jpg
    1504960_561163150628503_1502523647_n.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 114

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....great Rivalry...

But, both teams are V E R Y Myopic right now, and with all the fan craziness, player back and forths after the games are done.

It wouldn't suprise me if BOTH teams are watching the Super Bowl.

All these two teams have realistically managed to accomplish in the last decade of note is lose a super bowl.

Love the intensity....love the passion....but, man....it's a little cart before the horse for me

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I see it...

The 49ers are one of the great historical franchises in all the NFL. Teams like San Fran, Green Bay, New England, Dallas, etc all have great history and are held at a supreme status when you talk about franchise success.

If you are truly the big dog with all the historical success behind your franchise name...why make such a billboard like this?

You won't see New England posting a billboard in New York to send a message to the Jets (when the Jets were contending and going to AFC championship games). The rings speak for themselves.

If the 49ers had put in money to fly a banner or to put up a Go 49ers billboard when/if they come to the Clink again in the playoffs then I can see that making sense. But throwing on this type of billboard...it really seems like the fans are grasping for straws.

So the 49er fans who got together to do this are grasping at straws?? What does that mean about the seahawk fans that got together and paid to fly a banner over candlestick??
We all know that the 2 best teams in the NFL are the 49ers and the seahawks. This is good for both teams as long as it stays non violent. Its all in good fun right now. I hope that the billboard doesn't get vandalized. If it gets vandalized then it will look like the kap dre beats commercial was pretty accurate in depicting the seattle fan base the way they did.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should offer to double the money they're giving to the hospital on the condition nobody defaces the billboard during its lifespan. So that anyone who would do that is a fucking sick bastard taking money away from those kids.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should offer to double the money they're giving to the hospital on the condition nobody defaces the billboard during its lifespan. So that anyone who would do that is a fucking sick bastard taking money away from those kids.

What are you talking about?

How would someone defacing it make the donation money disappear?

:L

Are they putting the donation money actually in the billboard until they are ready to take it down?

HawkCity

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't care, I think it's funny and there response to our banner flying above there stadium is to post a picture of there Super Bowls. That's great they won all those trophies, but the 9er and Sea rivalry didn't start until 2002. So with that in mind both sides should only talk about 2002-present when talking about both teams. By the way the Seahawks are winning that debate, numbers never lie.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the 49er fans who got together to do this are grasping at straws?? What does that mean about the seahawk fans that got together and paid to fly a banner over candlestick??
We all know that the 2 best teams in the NFL are the 49ers and the seahawks. This is good for both teams as long as it stays non violent. Its all in good fun right now. I hope that the billboard doesn't get vandalized. If it gets vandalized then it will look like the kap dre beats commercial was pretty accurate in depicting the seattle fan base the way they did.
Hammer's Law is the natural response when you have nothing of relevance to use while trash talking. The 9ers just took Hammer's Law from an internet message board to the real world.

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't care, I think it's funny and there response to our banner flying above there stadium is to post a picture of there Super Bowls. That's great they won all those trophies, but the 9er and Sea rivalry didn't start until 2002. So with that in mind both sides should only talk about 2002-present when talking about both teams. By the way the Seahawks are winning that debate, numbers never lie.

A lot of Seahawk fans seem to have a hyporcritical tone. You guys say the 49ers fan base shouldn't be talking about our past success. You discredit our franchise by claiming they shouldn't talk about the past, yet at the drop of a hat you guys bring up "SINCE REALIGNMENT...in arguments with SF fans." Wouldn't that be talking about the past. Can we talk about more recent past events then, since the Harbaugh-Carroll era? "Who won the division the last two years? Who won the last h2h matchup, better h2h record? Who reached the NFCCG 2 years in a row?" But we are only allowed to talk about season's in which the Hawks were good in the 2000's. C'mon man. Sure you guys are bound to get the #1 seed, barring 2 L's in a row at home. I can give your team credit for having a better regular season then the 49ers up to this point. Fun facts though, the past 3 SB winners have been #6 seeds, only 2 #1 seeds (Saints 09', Pats 03') have won the SB since 2000.:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any seahawks bring up the 'since realignment' stats except to counter the '5 rings' garbage. So no, it isn't any more relevant than your ancient history. What matters really is this year and right now Seattle > SF and no one can argue it. Anything else you want clarification on?

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any seahawks bring up the 'since realignment' stats except to counter the '5 rings' garbage. So no, it isn't any more relevant than your ancient history. What matters really is this year and right now Seattle > SF and no one can argue it. Anything else you want clarification on?

I can argue it since the last time they played the 49ers won and they are currently on a 4 game winning streak to 1 game for the seahawks and the 49ers have a better division record as of right now. so as of the last 4 games the 49ers are the better team. :lol:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners put up signs or flew banners that said Reigning NFC Champions, or Niner Faithful or whatever they call themseleves, I would be fine. This season and whoever holds the last division or conference trophy has the bragging rights until they are de-throned. The past Lombardis are just not even in the conversation and is only used as an attempt to demean the Hawks lack of championships and does not really support the current Niners. Its just petty. What if the Steelers put up a billboard in S.F. that says "We've got 6." Pretty irrelevent to the team this season don't you think?