• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Gordon Hayward Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conspiracy theory: The Jazz can't make him shoot poorly but they can develop others more, which takes away touches or good shots for Hayward. Now, I don't believe this, but they run fewer plays for him lately and fewer successful plays for him - but that could be everybody and/or the system. Drive his stats and demand down.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him challenged yesterday night and he had a good bounceback half. He looked actually upset when he missed two in the first half, not an "oh well." Then, he was the first one out shooting, didn't miss a shot at warmups. Well, maybe 21-24 for 27 or something jumpshots. I started counting late.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best game in a looong while against the Suns last night. They said he hadn't broke 20 points since mid December. Even David Locke was saying that the bottom line is - he isn't a shooter. He is an all around basketball player. I'll give him that. I still don't think he deserves a huge contract - I wouldn't offer him more than 9 million per year (and that is generous).

He and Favors play off of each other well, so they could do better in time. I just don't see taking a 2nd mortgage out on the farm for him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best game in a looong while against the Suns last night. They said he hadn't broke 20 points since mid December. Even David Locke was saying that the bottom line is - he isn't a shooter. He is an all around basketball player. I'll give him that. I still don't think he deserves a huge contract - I wouldn't offer him more than 9 million per year (and that is generous).

He and Favors play off of each other well, so they could do better in time. I just don't see taking a 2nd mortgage out on the farm for him.

Still waiting for the 20. He had 17 yesterday. But he did play a lot better last night.

JasonB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said he hadn't broke 20 points since mid December needs to learn how to check stats before saying something like that because in four of the last six games before getting injured he shot 50% or better and scored 22 points or more and in the first game back he scored 27 points before the slump started. I wonder if the injury might had something to do with the slump.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said he hadn't broke 20 points since mid December needs to learn how to check stats before saying something like that because in four of the last six games before getting injured he shot 50% or better and scored 22 points or more and in the first game back he scored 27 points before the slump started. I wonder if the injury might had something to do with the slump.

Ah, I didn't bother to check the stats, it was a quote from one of the Jazz announcers (Bolderjack) on game night. I took his word for it. Hayward has always been a less than average shooter, so no reason to doubt the quote. And, I have seen enough games in the last two months to confirm it with the eye test. Even a big homer like David Locke is in agreement...Hayward good player, poor shooter.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordan Hayward is a sour shooting player.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Parsons and would like to F' up Houstin's payroll so let's sign him to replace Hayward by signing him to a price low enough to be matched but make their decision to decline the option stupid. I don't like them benching Jeremy Lin.

Houston Rockets to decline Chandler Parsons option - ESPN

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, let's sign Parsons instead for real. Make an offer that Houston won't match.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, let's sign Parsons instead for real. Make an offer that Houston won't match.

They poison pilled Lin's contract for nothing (bench). On the bright side, NY may be getting Derek I-Need-to-Be-Released-So-I-Can-Move-Farther-Away-From-My-Daughter's-Eye-Center-And-to-A-City-With-a-Worse-Eye-Center-Than-Where-I-Already-Am-At-Because-I-Want-to-Coattail-a-Contender-and-Am-So-Classy-I-Can-Look-Like-This-Despite-Being-So-Classy-the-NBAPA-Kicked-Me-Out-as-President-Fisher. (There's no merit to claims of him being classy, he just looks like it - insert Chris Rock's Colin Powell "he speaks so well" bit.) I can never be ok with either NY team winning despite liking Kidd and wanting Phil Jackson to show that he can GM. So, Lin leaving means I don't have a conflict of interest anymore... other than being a Jazz fan.

By the way, ever since we got Burke, I no longer want Lin on my team for someone to watch (not sure about actual success, just watching).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can never be ok with either NY team winning despite liking Kidd and wanting Phil Jackson to show that he can GM.

Thanks. Nice to see you appreciate something about other teams too.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[If Knicks hire Let-Me-Move-Farther-Away-From-My-Daughter's-Eye-Treatment-City-to-a-City-with-a-Worse-Eye-Center-than-Utah Fisher] I can never be ok with either NY team winning despite liking Kidd and wanting Phil Jackson to show that he can GM.

Thanks. Nice to see you appreciate something about other teams too.

Well, now I can't watch Knicks or Nets games without rooting against them. Sorry Phil and Jason.

Derek Fisher introduced as coach of the New York Knicks - ESPN New York

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

I didn't know that Hayward clashed with Corbin.

Players tend to clash with incompetency in authority. Before anyone gets mad, Corbin had his positives, too. He was a much better coach than I would be. I'd be wholly incompetent. What I would do is I would start out by asking if I could ask John Stockton for advice. Then, I'd call him every day. Tell him that he should come for a practice, than a couple of games. Pretty soon he'd want to be paid more, so I would make him an assistant coach. I would try as hard as I could and which would then get me fired. Then, we would have the experience factor gone. Stockton would be head coach. So maybe I wasn't that incompetent? Mission accomplished.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: I am not comparing playing basketball with military service; they are nowhere close. Military > sport.

I look at participating in the Olympic teams as a good thing but I don't want my teams players playing because of wear, tear, and injuries. I appreciate those who serve in the military and they are the best, but I don't want my dad, brother, or son in it.

Disclaimer #2: I am not comparing my relatives in the my family with players on my team. Family > players that are not related to me (all of them).

Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward invited to USA basketball camp :: The Salt Lake Tribune