• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Gordon Hayward Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Daily - Spelling might be wrong. He was a host for music videos on MTV or something and then got bigger jobs, etc. Sort of like Ryan Seacrest.

Thanks. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place him.

I never watched much MTV, but I remember the name from the 90s.

I'm also bad with faces. I'll get two people who look similar to me, mixed up, in terms of their names. People will say "how can you not tell them apart?" to me.

That was also your longest post in months. Let's keep them coming, but hopefully more Jazz related.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was also your longest post in months. Let's keep them coming, but hopefully more Jazz related.

I do talk a lot about the Jazz, you just aren't paying attention or reading my posts.

I'm also bad with faces. I'll get two people who look similar to me, mixed up, in terms of their names. People will say "how can you not tell them apart?" to me.

Two people who look similar to you? Three Nuramen, hmm... The Jazz are playing well this year. Maybe you could all confuse some girl you date. You go out one day, lookalike #1 go the second date, and lookalike #2 goes the third.

Or if a lookalike is better at hooking her, he should go on the first date. Where it gets tricky is if he hits it off too well, he gets the fun part on the first date before she might move on. (Can't rely on others to keep her interest, even if he gets there fast.) Quinn seems to really be in the development stage sometimes and the win the game in others. But if you go last, you get just the honeydo's. Maybe Snyder is trying to win with the guys he thinks is the future in the guise of development? If you go first, you get the tab - in case you let the date pay on other dates. No judgment, but I never went Dutch or let the other pay. I am curious to what is going on with Exum. Wanted to sometimes if it was not going well.

Now, this wouldn't likely happen in three dates, it's just illustrative of relationship arcs. I don't know if he is hurt or not executing the play called or too timid, though I do think he had tried to be more aggressive. Not mine, of course. Speaking to my wife: "Right, honey? We're perfect the whole way in every way." I wish Favors and Hill would stay healthy, but I do like that Burks is back, even if he only played three minutes in one game in a back-to-back, ease him in both healthwise and team chemistry wise. (Turns screen away from wife: help!!! Just kidding.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do talk a lot about the Jazz, you just aren't paying attention or reading my posts.

I do read your posts, and I do pay attention. The post below is unlike anything you've written the past 1.4 years.

Most of your posts this season are links to other articles, not you actually talking about the Jazz.

Two people who look similar to you? Three Nuramen, hmm... The Jazz are playing well this year. Maybe you could all confuse some girl you date. You go out one day, lookalike #1 go the second date, and lookalike #2 goes the third.

Or if a lookalike is better at hooking her, he should go on the first date. Where it gets tricky is if he hits it off too well, he gets the fun part on the first date before she might move on. (Can't rely on others to keep her interest, even if he gets there fast.) Quinn seems to really be in the development stage sometimes and the win the game in others. But if you go last, you get just the honeydo's. Maybe Snyder is trying to win with the guys he thinks is the future in the guise of development? If you go first, you get the tab - in case you let the date pay on other dates. No judgment, but I never went Dutch or let the other pay. I am curious to what is going on with Exum. Wanted to sometimes if it was not going well.

Now, this wouldn't likely happen in three dates, it's just illustrative of relationship arcs. I don't know if he is hurt or not executing the play called or too timid, though I do think he had tried to be more aggressive. Not mine, of course. Speaking to my wife: "Right, honey? We're perfect the whole way in every way." I wish Favors and Hill would stay healthy, but I do like that Burks is back, even if he only played three minutes in one game in a back-to-back, ease him in both healthwise and team chemistry wise. (Turns screen away from wife: help!!! Just kidding.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two people who look similar to you? Three Nuramen, hmm... Maybe you could all confuse some girl you date. You go out one day, lookalike #1 go the second date, and lookalike #2 goes the third.

Or if a lookalike is better at hooking her, he should go on the first date. Where it gets tricky is if he hits it off too well, he gets the fun part on the first date before she might move on. (Can't rely on others to keep her interest, even if he gets there fast.) But if you go last, you get just the honeydo's. If you go first, you get the tab - in case you let the date pay on other dates. No judgment, but I never went Dutch or let the other pay. Wanted to sometimes if it was not going well.

Now, this wouldn't likely happen in three dates, it's just illustrative of relationship arcs. Not mine, of course. Speaking to my wife: "Right, honey? We're perfect the whole way in every way." (Turns screen away from wife: help!!! Just kidding.)

The Jazz are playing well this year. Quinn seems to really be in the development stage sometimes and the win the game in others. Maybe Snyder is trying to win with the guys he thinks is the future in the guise of development?

I am curious to what is going on with Exum.

I don't know if he is hurt or not executing the play called or too timid, though I do think he had tried to be more aggressive. I wish Favors and Hill would stay healthy, but I do like that Burks is back, even if he only played three minutes in one game in a back-to-back, ease him in both healthwise and team chemistry wise.

Good posts.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen too much of Exum this year, but he's not consistent. And the Jazz can't wait for him, they're trying to win now.

He might not ever get consistent. Maybe this is who he is.

What do you mean getting "just the honeydo's"? How would a 3rd MHSL82Man get a honeydo? Doesn't it have to be in a committed relationship before the honeydo's come? The 2nd and 3rd MHSL82Man would be too soon in the dating process to be asked for too much help in mundane activities.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen too much of Exum this year, but he's not consistent. And the Jazz can't wait for him, they're trying to win now.

He might not ever get consistent. Maybe this is who he is.

What do you mean getting "just the honeydo's"? How would a 3rd MHSL82Man get a honeydo? Doesn't it have to be in a committed relationship before the honeydo's come? The 2nd and 3rd MHSL82Man would be too soon in the dating process to be asked for too much help in mundane activities.

I said that the timing wasn't realistic, just illustrative of common relationship arcs. Seriously speaking, I like where I am with my family, but in general, the third segment of a relationship isn't as good as the first two. But if the timing were correct, the third Nuraman would get the do this, do that's of a spouse because the girl thinks they are the same person and has settled in a GF/wife.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that the timing wasn't realistic, just illustrative of common relationship arcs. Seriously speaking, I like where I am with my family, but in general, the third segment of a relationship isn't as good as the first two. But if the timing were correct, the third Nuraman would get the do this, do that's of a spouse because the girl thinks they are the same person and has settled in a GF/wife.

Thanks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No judgment, but I never went Dutch or let the other pay.

I know you better than a stranger, so I know you're not mean spirited.

But in general, saying "No judgement" is similar to when people say "not to be a dick but . . .".

The people who say the latter are being a dick, but they want the other person to think that they're not being a dick.

Saying "No judgement" is similar. Most people who say "No judgement" are still judging the scenario they then describe.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But in general, saying "No judgement" is similar to when people say "not to be a dick but . . .".

The people who say the latter are being a dick, but they want the other person to think that they're not being a dick.

Saying "No judgement" is similar. Most people who say "No judgement" are still judging the scenario they then describe.

I just started having flashbacks to June 2015, when someone said "not to be a dick but . . ." to me, when I read the earlier post.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I should have said no experience? I mean, I went on the dates and paid with no thought about making the other pay. I didn't go with the idea they couldn't pay. While social norms don't make it right, going against social norms is making a statement or making it awkward. If I really didn't like the person, I wouldn't mind making it awkward.

If it is a first date and we go Dutch, it plays with me. I don't know if they are being nice, showing that the date was worth it, or not wanting to owe anything because there never will be a second (not that dates would "owe me"), or whether they making some type of feminist statement. I have nothing against feminism or equality, I don't like statements to it because it presumes that I'm not equal. Why not alternate?

In the dating stage, I always paid for my now wife. When we were together, not just dating, we shared one account. Some people say that is silly because if you break up, they have half your stuff. If you are married without a prenuptual agreement, that's probably true regardless of how you handle it. Unless, of course, they do not pursue. You could also have them spend too much, but I believe that would be an issue even if you did split.

Personally, I didn't want to have to worry about all that. We as a couple, need to save money and when I need to spend less, I spend less and if she is spending too much, she needs to spend less. If I make the money and we got divorced, she would take money from me but that would be the least of my worries. Nothing compares with custody of my kids and that would be the same regardless of how we split money.

I just feel that if we had separate accounts for everything, it could be a self-fulfilling prophecy. We would constantly have to feel figure out what I would pay for and what she would pay for and have to split it and send money back-and-forth to make things equal, that would be more opportunities for fights.

"You want me to pay for your new TV when it's only for your football?""I know it's my turn to pay, but we went to a fancy restaurant this time and we went to a cheap one before. No, we can't split, because you had the steak and I had the salad. We could get separate checks, but you're such a bad tipper I feel bad for the waiter."

I see that there could be arguments on the other side by saying that "you want us to spend our money on the TV for your football?" Ideally, with separate accounts, one could say that "I'm buying my TV with my money." But then you still have issues with the spouse saying that "you were willing to spend your money or a TV but won't pitch in for a new garage door or something."

Anyway, I think this forces us to be reasonable in spending as a couple and we never really talk about money. We would definitely talk about money more with separate accounts. I don't think it would really be in issue between myself and my wife, but that's what I think in general for couples.

Besides, how do couples handle it when one spouse works and the other does not or makes so much less? Does one spouse get an allowance and is that more demeaning than sharing an account? If the spouse that makes less makes less because they're taking care of the kids, don't you just have same issues all over again? Don't get me started on one spouse making less because of their gender or education, especially when their education might have been cut down to have kids.

No judgment. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have said no experience? I mean, I went on the dates and paid with no thought about making the other pay. I didn't go with the idea they couldn't pay. While social norms don't make it right, going against social norms is making a statement or making it awkward. If I really didn't like the person, I wouldn't mind making it awkward.

If it is a first date and we go Dutch, it plays with me. I don't know if they are being nice, showing that the date was worth it, or not wanting to owe anything because there never will be a second (not that dates would "owe me"), or whether they making some type of feminist statement. I have nothing against feminism or equality, I don't like statements to it because it presumes that I'm not equal. Why not alternate?

Good examples with different scenarios.

There were about two times for me, when the other person ordered and paid for coffee before I got there (it was a coffee date). I was early, so we were both early.

Possibly a 3rd time when the other person got there, and decided to go to another location because it seemed cooler, then ordered and paid for her drinks while I was re-routing myself. I was parking when I got notice she changed locations. Or maybe not, maybe we ordered after I got there. Nevermind, we ordered drinks after I got there.

There was another time someone insisted 4-5 times that we split the check. I wouldn't ask for that, but if someone is going to insist that many times, it's not worth arguing over. There was still another date after that, but no insistence the second time.

So I think those are the few times it's happened with me, but neither by my suggestion.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people can still get into those fights about spending money with one account, too. But I agree that one account makes things more transparent.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people can still get into those fights about spending money with one account, too. But I agree that one account makes things more transparent.

I didn't mean that one account was better than having multiple accounts, I was just arguing against the belief that having separate accounts saves you from anything. If you fight over financials or worry about the future when you break up, you will fight about it either way or fight more having more incidences splitting payments. If you break up for other reasons, the bank accounts will be incidental.

You either will fight or you won't and for a lot of things, without a prenuptial agreement, it's split anyway. I think it creates just the same number of issues and when you break up, especially with kids, it doesn't really matter. Your excess money goes to child support.

In one instance, you could avoid fights and that would help. And another instance, it would create issues. If you're going to fight no matter what, then I guess it doesn't matter. Save your money. It all comes down to what works for each individual couple and so I'm not saying that the way I do it is better. I'm just arguing against those who say their way is better. It has to be individual.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean that one account was better than having multiple accounts, I was just arguing against the belief that having separate accounts saves you from anything. If you fight over financials or worry about the future when you break up, you will fight about it either way or fight more having more incidences splitting payments. If you break up for other reasons, the bank accounts will be incidental.

You either will fight or you won't and for a lot of things, without a prenuptial agreement, it's split anyway. I think it creates just the same number of issues and when you break up, especially with kids, it doesn't really matter. Your excess money goes to child support.

In one instance, you could avoid fights and that would help. And another instance, it would create issues. If you're going to fight no matter what, then I guess it doesn't matter. Save your money. It all comes down to what works for each individual couple and so I'm not saying that the way I do it is better. I'm just arguing against those who say their way is better. It has to be individual.

Great post.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From his rookie season onward, I just never felt comfortable with Hayward's shooting, even though that's what he was targeted as.

He wasn't consistent enough for me, and I just didn't trust him.

I'd call him a "sour shooter".

By averaging 3.4 assists, 6.5 FTM, 6.1 rebounds, and 24.1 points, over the 11 playoffs games this year, he's proved his consistency to me.

I now feel comfortable with him as a building block.

Hill is ok but I want to replace him with a younger, cheaper version of himself.

Or Kyle Lowry / Jeff Teague.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is ok but I want to replace him with a younger, cheaper version of himself.

A 26 year old making $14.1M for 2 more years (Ricky Rubio) vs a 31 year old making $18-$19M a year (George Hill) meets this wish.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor way for him to bow out. I am not shocked at all. I saw it coming as the year went on. And, I don't think it is all that bad of a thing for the Jazz. The kid only looked like max money just this year. He is a fringe star, akin to Millsap. Big waste of development, but he's not the guy to lead nor is he an ace. He was half hearted his whole stint here.

Jazz got to quit branding themselves as a development franchise. We don't want to continually be a farm team for the big markets to reap.

And, I'm a little worried about contingency plans. Assuming Favors and Exum now have minutes to show something, I assume they'll be a little jilted over the 2016 love affair and allegiance to Hayward. Jazz bet on the wrong thoroughbred, so when they get the opportunity they could easily bolt.

We now just have a single pillar, Gobert