• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The experts say....

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm. The title of the post series is "The Experts say..." I made no attempt to either disagree or agree with the author. Your continued personal attacks for me posting information from experts is comical.

But yeah, I put more stock in the opinions of experts than I do yahoos from a message board.

BREAKING NEWS

Some guy with a blog on a website is not an expert.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS

Some guy with a blog on a website is not an expert.

So true....But I don't think it applies to the stories referenced here. All are from either professional, paid sports reporters or analysts. While they are not always correct or particularly bright, they do have the advantage of immersing themselves in the business full time, and often have special access that we do not.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An expert says 12-4 and a bye.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true....But I don't think it applies to the stories referenced here. All are from either professional, paid sports reporters or analysts. While they are not always correct or particularly bright, they do have the advantage of immersing themselves in the business full time, and often have special access that we do not.

It would certainly apply to your most recent citation.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another expert take...This one is Matt Miller from the Bleacher Report..

Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook: Survey Says Julio Jones Is NFL's Best Receiver

5. It's a balmy 95 degrees with 100 percent humidity in Missouri while I'm writing this, which has me feeling like sharing a hot take to end the article this week.

Jared Goff will have a better year than Carson Wentz.

Define "better year" however you want as long as we're not talking about wins and losses (team stat), Goff will take the next step this season with an improved offensive line and a competent coaching staff around him. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper Kupp lead the team's receivers in catches.

I like Wentz a lot, but his slow release and trigger need to be improved before I'm ready to call out his sophomore season as an improved year. If that can be fixed, Wentz has a chance to become a top-10 quarterback this season. I'm betting on seeing more of the same from Wentz with Goff playing like the former No. 1 overall pick that he is.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please compile a list of at least 25 experts opinions of Wentz instead of cherry picking ones that agree with your opinion

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please compile a list of at least 25 experts opinions of Wentz instead of cherry picking ones that agree with your opinion

Feel free to add your own links....Any expert analysis you can contribute to the thread would be appreciated. Sniping seems unproductive....the sign of someone who can't support their opinion.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read this comment and am pretty sure you are probably talking to DPD. I have him on ignore and don't see his posts but I if it is a negative comment about Wentz he is the only one here that thinks this way. He probably found someone with a Blog or something like that that said Wentz is not that good. He could not wait to post it.

Do yourself a favor......ignore him. Once you debunk him he will not acknowledge it. He will ignore it and try to change the argument to something irrelevent.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, bad oline and receivers along with learning on the fly makes Wentz stats from last year look even better considering what he was given...

Quarterback
Carson Wentz
Not much favorable can be said about Wentz’s rookie season aside from his first 4 games in which he averaged 17.45 fantasy points. However, the key word there is that it was his rookie season. Until Bradford was traded to the Vikings a week before the season began, Wentz was not even expected to play. Considering he was also handed the worst receiving corps in the league, Carson Wentz performed admirably until the offensive line also began to fall apart with Lane Johnson’s suspension. With a full offseason of growth and a fully equipped arsenal of weapons, Wentz’s fantasy stock is on the rise. Just getting the unproductive Agholor and Green Beckham off the field in 2017 could do wonders for this offense. There’s a reason, after all, he has been labeled a buy high and a fantasy football sleeper candidate.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, bad oline and receivers along with learning on the fly makes Wentz stats from last year look even better considering what he was given...

Quarterback
Carson Wentz
Not much favorable can be said about Wentz’s rookie season aside from his first 4 games in which he averaged 17.45 fantasy points. However, the key word there is that it was his rookie season. Until Bradford was traded to the Vikings a week before the season began, Wentz was not even expected to play. Considering he was also handed the worst receiving corps in the league, Carson Wentz performed admirably until the offensive line also began to fall apart with Lane Johnson’s suspension. With a full offseason of growth and a fully equipped arsenal of weapons, Wentz’s fantasy stock is on the rise. Just getting the unproductive Agholor and Green Beckham off the field in 2017 could do wonders for this offense. There’s a reason, after all, he has been labeled a buy high and a fantasy football sleeper candidate.

Personally, I don't have a strong opinion on Wentz one way or the other. He certainly has some skills, and I wish him the best, but the varying opinions on him are out there for a reason. He has alot to prove this year.

My beef with this team is more with the leadership. If Wentz fails it will either be because of (a) he was over-drafted by Howie or (b) poorly coached by Jeff. In the right situation, Wentz will have somewhere between a good to great career.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't read much into a QB's rookie season. Wentz didn't even play that many games in college nor did he play against top competition (most expected it would be mostly a learning year). He then gets thrown into the fire off the jump and has arguably one of the worst set of "weapons" surrounding him who in turn end up one of the worst teams in WR drops. I'm actually surprised he did as well as he did all things considered.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pff broke down the entire starting lineup and Brandon Gowton comments about it here...

PFF ranks all 32 NFL rosters and the Eagles are above average

15. Philadelphia Eagles

Biggest strength: Brandon Graham generates more pressure than almost every other edge rusher in the league, though he doesn't always convert those pressures into sacks. He produced 83 total pressures in 2016, trailing only Khalil Mack.

Biggest weakness: Cornerback is a glaring weakness, with much expected of third-round rookie Rasul Douglas. The Eagles are also hoping second-rounder Sidney Jones can recover from his pre-draft Achilles injury and contribute in 2017. Jalen Mills is likely to start again, but the 2016 seventh-round pick allowed 63.7 percent of the passes thrown his way to be caught last season.

By the numbers: Over the first five weeks of the 2016 season, rookie Carson Wentz was the second-highest-graded quarterback, trailing only Derek Carr. From Week 6 onward, however, he ranked 30th. He had a 32.8 passer rating when under pressure in 2016.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the numbers: Over the first five weeks of the 2016 season, rookie Carson Wentz was the second-highest-graded quarterback, trailing only Derek Carr. From Week 6 onward, however, he ranked 30th. He had a 32.8 passer rating when under pressure in 2016.

Even without top shelf talent at WR, you can still get by as a QB as long as solid protection is there. When Lane Johnson was suspended for a 10 game stretch, that same protection Wentz had early .. was no longer there on that edge. A good, now healthy OL along with the up-tick at WR and natural QB progression from year one to year two .. should see Wentz show more consistency in 2017.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without top shelf talent at WR, you can still get by as a QB as long as solid protection is there. When Lane Johnson was suspended for a 10 game stretch, that same protection Wentz had early .. was no longer there on that edge. A good, now healthy OL along with the up-tick at WR and natural QB progression from year one to year two .. should see Wentz show more consistency in 2017.

The rest of the writeup is interesting as well.

On offense. Only 4 players are rated as good/high, all on the Offensive Line which supports your point. I don't know if I would consider Barbre and Brooks as good/high, but I guess to one degree or another this is true. Having great tackles can make everything on offense look better. Ertz should probably be rated higher though.

On defense. Only 1 elite player (Graham, definitely good, but questionable to put him in the elite category), and five that are good/high (Cox, Bradham, Hicks, Jenkins and McLeod). Only six players above average, and 4 of the six are LBs and Safeties....not normally how you want to construct a team, (traditionally, the emphasis is on the Edge rushers and Corners).

Overall only 1 elite player and 9 Good/high. Meaning over half the starters are rated average or below. Fits with the overall rating of 15th, but doesn't fit with the idea that they committed more money than every other team in the league over the next three years.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll check out the whole article when I get home ... at work I only check in spurts :)

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My beef with this team is more with the leadership. If Wentz fails it will either be because of (a) he was over-drafted by Howie or (b) poorly coached by Jeff. In the right situation, Wentz will have somewhere between a good to great career.

Jeff Lurie ain't coaching the QB, Einstein.