• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The experts say....

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure that makes you happy.

All teams look better post draft. But its all relative, so its useful to get a global view to cross check your opinions.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about a power ranking before we even play a down is a little like talking about the 2028 draft class. :D

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that article and was going to post it as well. It is early, but we all discuss how we stack up, how we have improved and how we fare against the other teams - and we do this far before the first ball is snapped because we look at where we were last year, and what moves have been done since then - to us and others.

According to espn 'experts' they do have us ranked 22nd and last in our division. I sincerely hope we prove them wrong. What I do agree with, is that they say we are playing the long game and thus improving for a time to come. I agree with that assessment. But I do think we are better than 22nd, and I also think we can compete in this division for 1st in the division the way we are now.. provided, the OL is as good as we think it is; that the WR additions we made pan out; that wentz continues to take the next step in his development and doesn't go backwards, and our defense is improved on from last year with our moves.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a ridiculous ranking. They even have teams with a worse record being much improved than the Eagles. With our WR corps being improved, and with having our o-line intact and deeper, those alone factors should have us in the top 15 teams at least. In fact, if Lane hadn't missed ten games, we would have been at least 9-7 last season.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a ridiculous ranking. They even have teams with a worse record being much improved than the Eagles. With our WR corps being improved, and with having our o-line intact and deeper, those alone factors should have us in the top 15 teams at least. In fact, if Lane hadn't missed ten games, we would have been at least 9-7 last season.

Your forgetting that they lost Bennie Logan and Connor Barwin and their cornerbacks.

And the o-line is really not improved...Jason Peters is one step closer to retirement, which would make them an average line at best. Yeah its a nice if to have Lane Johnson back, but he seems if anything more likely to miss time, given that its happened to him twice already. Not sure you can count on the guy...or the RG for that matter with his anxiety problems. Sucks to have all that money tied up on guys that have proven to be unreliable.

There is alot of potential in the signings at WR, but no sure things there. Still very questionable.

It gratifying to see Vegas move them from 50-1 to 40-1, which does put them solidly into that 15-20 range, so perhaps they did improve.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
** We lost Bennie Logan but now have Tim Jernigan who imo is the better fit for this Offense.
** Losing crappy Cornerbacks doesn't really hurt much
** Connor Barwin was a good fit as a 3-4 OLB, but a crappy 4-3 DE; there's a good chance Derek Barnett is better even as a rookie.
** Alshon Jeffery is worlds better than Nelson Agholor who's the player he will be replacing ... and we went from no deep speed to 3 guys who can get deep in Smith, Hollins and Gibson.
** I think the OL is absolutely improved ... I highly doubt Lane Johnson ever gets another positive drug test ... having him for a full compliment of games is huge. We hit on two good OLinemen last season and they now have a year under their belts. Resigned Wiz, signed Warmack ... Peters is old, but he's still solid at LT. We'll snag LT in next year's stacked OL draft.

I can see why Vegas improved our odds.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your forgetting that they lost Bennie Logan and Connor Barwin and their cornerbacks.

And the o-line is really not improved...Jason Peters is one step closer to retirement, which would make them an average line at best. Yeah its a nice if to have Lane Johnson back, but he seems if anything more likely to miss time, given that its happened to him twice already. Not sure you can count on the guy...or the RG for that matter with his anxiety problems. Sucks to have all that money tied up on guys that have proven to be unreliable.

There is alot of potential in the signings at WR, but no sure things there. Still very questionable.

It gratifying to see Vegas move them from 50-1 to 40-1, which does put them solidly into that 15-20 range, so perhaps they did improve.

Jason peters was close to retirement last year and he played the entire season quite well I may add. The oline is most definitely improved and it's not like Lane Johnson is addicted to steroids. The substance in his first offense was taking off the banned list a year later. Our right guard did very well last year and many players play with anxiety. It was discovered just last year.

I see where you are trying to go with all this but you are totally reaching. You can nitpick our offensive line all you want but to expect everything to go wrong is totally unrealistic and borderline laughable. This is as deep and talented an offensive line we've had in many many years. Are you sure you're an Eagles fan?

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW your last statement about the wide receivers is also garbage. No sure things? Our only NFL caliber wide receiver was Jordan Matthews. We most definitely have upgraded over Nelson and added speed and depth. Probably your weakest take, but they all sound the same.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
** We lost Bennie Logan but now have Tim Jernigan who imo is the better fit for this Offense.
** Losing crappy Cornerbacks doesn't really hurt much
** Connor Barwin was a good fit as a 3-4 OLB, but a crappy 4-3 DE; there's a good chance Derek Barnett is better even as a rookie.
** Alshon Jeffery is worlds better than Nelson Agholor who's the player he will be replacing ... and we went from no deep speed to 3 guys who can get deep in Smith, Hollins and Gibson.
** I think the OL is absolutely improved ... I highly doubt Lane Johnson ever gets another positive drug test ... having him for a full compliment of games is huge. We hit on two good OLinemen last season and they now have a year under their belts. Resigned Wiz, signed Warmack ... Peters is old, but he's still solid at LT. We'll snag LT in next year's stacked OL draft.

I can see why Vegas improved our odds.

Exactly!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason peters was close to retirement last year and he played the entire season quite well I may add. The oline is most definitely improved and it's not like Lane Johnson is addicted to steroids. The substance in his first offense was taking off the banned list a year later. Our right guard did very well last year and many players play with anxiety. It was discovered just last year.

I see where you are trying to go with all this but you are totally reaching. You can nitpick our offensive line all you want but to expect everything to go wrong is totally unrealistic and borderline laughable. This is as deep and talented an offensive line we've had in many many years. Are you sure you're an Eagles fan?

No, he's not. He's a Chip Kelly fan.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When healthy and available this is a dominant line, but their is no proven depth there, if anything there is proof of lack of depth as they have performed subpar whenever they have been without Peters or Johnson.

Its a common thought process for a fan to observe the new bodies and everyone being healthy and thinking they are much improved. Fact is the second year guys are still largely unproven. Warmack is proven to be average at best. Lane Johnson obviously feels he needs some sort of help to maintain his weight and strength on a frame that is viewed as somewhat thin for his position. Either he gets the help and risks the suspension, or he goes without and perhaps isn't quite the same player. And Peters is now 35. I think that makes him the oldest lineman in the league.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW your last statement about the wide receivers is also garbage. No sure things? Our only NFL caliber wide receiver was Jordan Matthews. We most definitely have upgraded over Nelson and added speed and depth. Probably your weakest take, but they all sound the same.

Alshon Jeffery has played 21/32 games over the last two years and totaled 1600 yards and 6 TDs.

Torrey Smith was good for 900 yards and 7 TDs over the same timeframe.

I am in favor of these pickups, but its really bargain shopping with upside in both cases. Improved yes, but I stand by my take of no sure things and alot of uncertainty.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy and available this is a dominant line, but their is no proven depth there, if anything there is proof of lack of depth as they have performed subpar whenever they have been without Peters or Johnson.

Its a common thought process for a fan to observe the new bodies and everyone being healthy and thinking they are much improved. Fact is the second year guys are still largely unproven. Warmack is proven to be average at best. Lane Johnson obviously feels he needs some sort of help to maintain his weight and strength on a frame that is viewed as somewhat thin for his position. Either he gets the help and risks the suspension, or he goes without and perhaps isn't quite the same player. And Peters is now 35. I think that makes him the oldest lineman in the league.

Big V and Seumalo played very well for rookies; there's no reason not to expect continued improvement year two and as of right now they are backups with starting potential. Warmack and Wiz have plenty of starts under their belts and again, they are as of now backups who have a legit chance of winning a starting job. Peters, Johnson and Brooks are entrenched starters and even if Kelce/Barbre are beaten out in camp they would provide good bench depth. We even got a really good free agent rookie Center in Orlosky who many were shocked didn't get drafted. Not really sure how many teams out there have better "depth" actually.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big V and Seumalo played very well for rookies; there's no reason not to expect continued improvement year two and as of right now they are backups with starting potential. Warmack and Wiz have plenty of starts under their belts and again, they are as of now backups who have a legit chance of winning a starting job. Peters, Johnson and Brooks are entrenched starters and even if Kelce/Barbre are beaten out in camp they would provide good bench depth. We even got a really good free agent rookie Center in Orlosky who many were shocked didn't get drafted. Not really sure how many teams out there have better "depth" actually.

I do like the depth at Center and Guard. The team could probably survive several injuries there and be in good shape.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other than Logan, none of those are really losses. Barwin was a bad fit and the corners were pretty terrible. Replacing Logan with Jernigan was a nice move. Adding Barnett improves the defensive line above what it was last year. The corners? No clue. I'd like to think that they couldn't be worse than last year but I know that's not true. We'll see. With the improved defensive line, my hope is the defense as a whole performs better.

I was hoping they'd address OL in the draft but I'm told it wasn't a great draft to do so. The combination of Peters/Johnson/Vaitai should be able to get them through the season. Brooks has anxiety problems but the other guards on the team are very capable. I'm not concerned about the guards at all. My bigger concern is Peters getting hurt and then having to move Johnson and throw Vaitai back in there. If Barbre is healthy, that helps mitigate the problem. There's sufficient depth at OL to not be too worried about it. The line may not be drastically improved but I think they raised the floor a bit by (1) adding guys like Warmack and re-signing Wisniewski and (2) now having a guy like Vaitai as a backup with NFL experience. So, I think the OL has a chance to be significantly improved . . . but we all know that injuries happen . . . I'm happy that they've added a little bit of depth there. If they get 16 games out of Peters/Brooks/Johnson, the offensive line should be one of the better lines in the league. We'll see.

Better than basically no potential. WRs are tremendously improved.

Who knows. If you assume progression from Wentz, improvement on the DL, improvement at WR, the team could be pretty solid this year. Could they catch lightning in a bottle and win the Super Bowl? Possible, but very unlikely. I expect them to take a big step forward this year but I think 2018 is the year for them to win the NFC East and make a deep playoff run.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only worry on the OL for me is if Peters goes down for a long stretch. After a bad first game of his rookie season where Kerrigan took him to school, Vaitai did a really nice job for the rest of his tenure at RT ... so I think if need be he could step in and hold down the fort if Lane gets hurt, but there is no experience from that Left side at the pro level with him. The 2018 Draft is packed with good OLinemen (unlike this past draft), so I believe the Eagles see next season as the draft to find Peters' replacement.