• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The experts say....

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"we both felt like it was best to move forward in a different direction as circumstances have changed since he originally signed."

enough said...

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld ranks the QBs...

NFL's Best QB Situations 2017 - Rotoworld.com

21. Eagles, Carson Wentz

Last Year’s Ranking: 26

After laughably generating early MVP hype, Carson Wentz regressed down the stretch of his rookie season, with his mechanics largely in shambles by Week 17. Wentz’s elongated throwing motion caused elbow pain, necessitating offseason work with quarterback gurus Adam Dedeaux and Tom House. Wentz posted a quarterback rating higher than 80.0 just four times over his final 12 starts, with his deep ball checking in as particularly erratic. Wentz was not without alibis for his struggles. He was dealing with one of the league’s worst supporting casts, and was, after all, a 23-year-old rookie making the jump from the FCS to the NFL. That, of course, is also cause for concern. Already headed into his age-24 campaign, Wentz isn’t as projectable as some young quarterbacks. Ultimately, Wentz will live and die with his mechanics. If he can’t clean them up, he’s a Blake Bortles waiting to happen. There’s promise here, but the risk is real after Wentz’s inconclusive rookie year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still like his upside no matter what he actually did last year. Showed poise and that his head can handle the job.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

21. Eagles, Carson Wentz

After laughably generating early MVP hype, Carson Wentz regressed down the stretch of his rookie season, with his mechanics largely in shambles by Week 17. Wentz’s elongated throwing motion caused elbow pain, necessitating offseason work with quarterback gurus Adam Dedeaux and Tom House. Wentz posted a quarterback rating higher than 80.0 just four times over his final 12 starts, with his deep ball checking in as particularly erratic. Wentz was not without alibis for his struggles. He was dealing with one of the league’s worst supporting casts, and was, after all, a 23-year-old rookie making the jump from the FCS to the NFL. That, of course, is also cause for concern. Already headed into his age-24 campaign, Wentz isn’t as projectable as some young quarterbacks. Ultimately, Wentz will live and die with his mechanics. If he can’t clean them up, he’s a Blake Bortles waiting to happen. There’s promise here, but the risk is real after Wentz’s inconclusive rookie year.

Another dumb ass post because you are obviously getting your ass handed to you due to your lack of knowledge.

Carson Wentz says he spent offseason fine-tuning mechanics

Here is an article from 2012 about Tom Brady being obsessed about mechanics. Tom Brady's obsessive focus on mechanics continues, despite loss of mentor Tom Martinez my point? Every great QB needs to work on his mechanics. No QB comes in the NFL with perfect mechanics and each player is different. Those that are the best work on their skills constantly.

Here is an excerpt from Tom Brady's pre draft scouting report:

Poor build, Skinny, Lacks great physical stature and strength, Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush, Lacks a really strong arm, Can’t drive the ball downfield, Does not throw a really tight spiral, System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib, Gets knocked down easily.

Here is an article about Aaron Rodgers pre draft. There was mention of his mechanics as well. These old scouting reports ripping Aaron Rodgers are hilarious in retrospect

Every QB drafted has the chance of becoming Blake Bortles or Aaron Rodges/Tom Brady. Two of the greatest to ever play the position in the NFL had issues as well. The fact that you make this post about Wentz who is only in his second season shows that your agenda is nothing but to bash the Eagles. You truly don't know anything about the game. Make shit up as you go. It took me all of 5 minutes to find the information necessary to make you look stupid.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

21. Eagles, Carson Wentz

Do you watch the games?What I saw last year was a rookie QB that did a very nice job after being tossed in the starter spot with 8 days until the 1st game. He showed poise, a good arm, and a command of the field. If some of the passes he threw were caught by the worst receivers in the NFL, his record may have been better.
Do you really need an article to tell you how the Eagles and Wentz look? I don't, I watch them play and feel very optimistic with the 2nd year QB.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You roll the dice on any QB your draft not named Manning. :D Wantz has all the physical tools you want and showed the NFL is not too big for him. He has what you need between his ears and the work ethic to go along with that. I think you will see a massive improvement this year given the players around him now.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You roll the dice on any QB your draft not named Manning. :D Wantz has all the physical tools you want and showed the NFL is not too big for him. He has what you need between his ears and the work ethic to go along with that. I think you will see a massive improvement this year given the players around him now.

Most first round QB's are flops. I think the Eagles got lucky with Wentz.......Goff was the consensus best QB and I think Wentz is going to be better than he is by a large margin.

What sells me on Wentz is his work ethic and the fact that he is not afraid to admit he has flaws that need working on. He is the anti-McNabb IMO on that front. Nabby was a very hard worker but never worked on his flaws. He felt they did not need workig on. Wentz is completely opposite in that perspective. He is like Tom Brady IMO. Brady is the a top 3 all time QB because he worked constantly on getting better. He never settled. I think Wents is that way. If keeps working like he does he will be a top 5 QB in 3 years tops.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another dumb ass post because you are obviously getting your ass handed to you due to your lack of knowledge.

umm. The title of the post series is "The Experts say..." I made no attempt to either disagree or agree with the author. Your continued personal attacks for me posting information from experts is comical.

But yeah, I put more stock in the opinions of experts than I do yahoos from a message board.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm. The title of the post series is "The Experts say..." I made no attempt to either disagree or agree with the author. Your continued personal attacks for me posting information from experts is comical.

But yeah, I put more stock in the opinions of experts than I do yahoos from a message board.

Please.....if you put stock in what the experts say you would not be reading between the line making crap up like you seem to do all the time. You M.O. here is obvious. I entertain you because there is nothing else going on right now....so I find it entertaining.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you watch the games?What I saw last year was a rookie QB that did a very nice job after being tossed in the starter spot with 8 days until the 1st game. He showed poise, a good arm, and a command of the field. If some of the passes he threw were caught by the worst receivers in the NFL, his record may have been better.
Do you really need an article to tell you how the Eagles and Wentz look? I don't, I watch them play and feel very optimistic with the 2nd year QB.

I feel pretty good about Wentz as well and think he has great potential. But the experts have a valid point about him regressing as the season went on. I remember seeing some terrible throws last year. I do buy into the argument that Wentz was much better when Johnson was there. But it also seems that we are looking at a one year remaining window with the bookend tackles.

It also continues to bother me that Cleveland passed on Wentz last year. I consider Hue Jackson to be a pro's pro when it comes to quarterback development and can't imagine that he would have passed on a guy that was special, especially given where Cleveland is with QBs.

The early reports from OTAs are troubling. These are non--contact drills that with the best QBs, you often hardly see a single pass hit the ground. Some of the reports I read had less than 50% pass completions going on.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you put to much stock in self-proclaimed "experts". I'm not convinced this Patrick Daugherty is any more qualified to project Wentz's future than anyone posting here, and I'd wager he's actually watched him less than almost everyone here. Just because someone posts an article on the Internet does not make them an expert...

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you put to much stock in self-proclaimed "experts". I'm not convinced this Patrick Daugherty is any more qualified to project Wentz's future than anyone posting here, and I'd wager he's actually watched him less than almost everyone here. Just because someone posts an article on the Internet does not make them an expert...

Anyone who has made a living as a football writer for nine years as this guy has is probably more knowledgeable than anyone one of us.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who has made a living as a football writer for nine years as this guy has is probably more knowledgeable than anyone one of us.

That is just a ridiculous way to look at things. Being in a job a certain amount of years does not make you knowledgable or an expert. I have worked in IT for more than 20 years. I have worked for people that have been in the field much longer than I have and I wonder for the life of me how they even manage to turn on their computers. No.....experience does not equal knowledge. Take Skip Bayless for instance. He is a complete buffoon and I wonder how he even has a job. Stephen A has a job because he yells and people just want him out of their face. He is still clueless times. I can go on and on about supposed "experts" that are just stupid. They are wrong just as often if not more the we fans that follow our respective teams all the time.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people are questioning Wentz. He has a lot of work to do but he looked like a budding superstar to me. Didn't Peyton have ugly stats and plays year one. Don't almost all star QB have a growth period in the beginning?

He just has that moxy and leadership abilities.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people are questioning Wentz. He has a lot of work to do but he looked like a budding superstar to me. Didn't Peyton have ugly stats and plays year one. Don't almost all star QB have a growth period in the beginning?

He just has that moxy and leadership abilities.

Don't mind DPD.....he is bored and has nothing better to do. He ignores relevant information and then goes on to something else. Once you expose him he will go off on another topic. In this instance I gave him examples of Tom Brady and Aaaron Rodgers having bad pre draft reports. Jaws specifically mentions Rodgers mechanics and DPD does not comment on that. Why because it invalidates his entire point and he does not how to rebut his nonsense.

Going into the draft last year all reports mentioned the flaws that Wentz had. The report that DPD quoted is nothing new. Most of the draft reports say the same thing the QB comparisons vary as well. I have read reports that compare him to Bortles, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Derek Carr and Alex Smith. Wentz is the real deal and I think is going to be a stud. I still have him as the highest rated QB from last years draft.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind DPD.....he is bored and has nothing better to do. He ignores relevant information and then goes on to something else. Once you expose him he will go off on another topic. In this instance I gave him examples of Tom Brady and Aaaron Rodgers having bad pre draft reports. Jaws specifically mentions Rodgers mechanics and DPD does not comment on that. Why because it invalidates his entire point and he does not how to rebut his nonsense.

Going into the draft last year all reports mentioned the flaws that Wentz had. The report that DPD quoted is nothing new. Most of the draft reports say the same thing the QB comparisons vary as well. I have read reports that compare him to Bortles, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Derek Carr and Alex Smith. Wentz is the real deal and I think is going to be a stud. I still have him as the highest rated QB from last years draft.

I don't respond to much of your comments as I don't think my opinion is particularly relevant (or yours). On this thread the focus is on sharing expert opinions that are out there. I am not endorsing the opinions, although you seem to think I am. I shared what I found, you shared what you found. No particular reason to inject personal opinions in most cases.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't respond to much of your comments as I don't think my opinion is particularly relevant (or yours). On this thread the focus is on sharing expert opinions that are out there. I am not endorsing the opinions, although you seem to think I am. I shared what I found, you shared what you found. No particular reason to inject personal opinions in most cases.

ROFL......you expect us to buy this crap? That is just funny.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's useless to even consider the garbage the dork spits out. He just isn't an eagles fan.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even the supposed experts are still "OPINIONS" - and it is very telling that you only put stock in those that would put down the eagles. Seriously, go troll another board. I have more respect for a DAL fan that wanders in here and talks trash than you anymore. At least they are genuine.