• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The experts say....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this I have to ask where you heard this. I am not saying it is not true and the argument maks sense but your comment about whining leads one to believe there was locker roome dissention and I am curious if there is any truth to it.

He made it up completely. 1+1= Fish

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly mostly supposition on my part based on the facts that Defilippo is here and Daniel is not. It's very strange to pay Daniel what they are paying him and then letting him walk. Add in the fact that he was picked up to compete with Bradford rather than mentor a rookie and it seems like the mostly likely scenario.

So basically, you don't have any fact to backup an assertion, your making chit up and then drawing more conclusions based on that supposition.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VEGAS ODDS OUT (Westgate Las Vegas Superbook)... on each team to win the division... (not the SB, just winning the division)

DAL - 5-4
NYG - 11-4
PHI - 7-2
WAS - 9-2

PHI might be the best bet worth making a bet on. We are as close as DAL or NYG with far better odds on a return. :D

Interestingly, Chip Kelly left the 49ers 40-1 to win their division.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, you don't have any fact to backup an assertion, your making chit up and then drawing more conclusions based on that supposition.

lol. Some people call that analysis.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Some people call that analysis.

Umm....No

To analyze something you actually need facts. You can't make an analysis on a lie you make up. That is just dumb.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm....No

To analyze something you actually need facts. You can't make an analysis on a lie you make up. That is just dumb.

Fact: The Eagles let Daniel go despite paying him $4.1M for this year....$4.1 freakin Million.
Fact: Defilippo was requested to interview for another job and was not allowed to, even though he makes a heck of a lot less than $4.1M.
Fact: The Eagles future lies largely on the development of Carson Wentz.
Fact: Daniel signed with the Eagles BEFORE Wentz was drafted.

I like my version of what this means much better than the company line. I know BS when I see it.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: The Eagles let Daniel go despite paying him $4.1M for this year....$4.1 freakin Million.
Fact: Defilippo was requested to interview for another job and was not allowed to, even though he makes a heck of a lot less than $4.1M.
Fact: The Eagles future lies largely on the development of Carson Wentz.
Fact: Daniel signed with the Eagles BEFORE Wentz was drafted.

I like my version of what this means much better than the company line. I know BS when I see it.

But had nothing to do with the fact that your post was based on a lie and you even admited it.

You said this and I quote "His private whining and usefulness in the QB room led to his exit after one year after a huge payday for doing virtually nothing"

Then you said this when I asked for proof on this. You words and I quote.

"Admittedly mostly supposition on my part based on the facts that Defilippo is here and Daniel is not."

No one disputed the facts. You were called out on your analysis based on a lie you made up. Something you conveniently forgot to include in your post. We know bullshit when we see it too.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But had nothing to do with the fact that your post was based on a lie and you even admited it.

You said this and I quote "His private whining and usefulness in the QB room led to his exit after one year after a huge payday for doing virtually nothing"

Then you said this when I asked for proof on this. You words and I quote.

"Admittedly mostly supposition on my part based on the facts that Defilippo is here and Daniel is not."

No one disputed the facts. You were called out on your analysis based on a lie you made up. Something you conveniently forgot to include in your post. We know bullshit when we see it too.

What part of "Private" do you not understand? Read Howie's statement hear and it seems obvious that Chase was unhappy and expressed that to Howie.

Eagles try to erase the Chase Daniel mistake

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Daniel allowed the team to have more leverage externally in Bradford trade talks. Without Daniel I'm pretty sure Bradford would have been dumped somewhere earlier for a 4th or 5th rounder.

Sure, we got lucky with the Bridgewater injury, but having Daniel played a part in the massive return for Bradford.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Daniel allowed the team to have more leverage externally in Bradford trade talks. Without Daniel I'm pretty sure Bradford would have been dumped somewhere earlier for a 4th or 5th rounder.

Sure, we got lucky with the Bridgewater injury, but having Daniel played a part in the massive return for Bradford.

Probably more comfort level then leverage. By going 3 deep, they felt they could afford to trade a guy. Without the depth they may have been more reticient to pull the trigger which in a strange way would have actually increased there leverage.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly's year in charge of personnel resulted in unprecedented spending for the Eagles...

Interesting tid bit... not that we didn't know this already... High spending and gutting our best talent.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "Private" do you not understand? Read Howie's statement hear and it seems obvious that Chase was unhappy and expressed that to Howie.

Eagles try to erase the Chase Daniel mistake

I read the article and don't see anything that relates to private whining. Does the english language translate differently for you than the rest of us?

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article and don't see anything that relates to private whining. Does the english language translate differently for you than the rest of us?

Different from you evidently. Read Howie's statement and it smells of the political correctness sort of double speak that is common in the corporate world. You learn to read between the lines.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what he does. Sometimes his logic is actually sound, but his premises are completely batshit crazy and made up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly's year in charge of personnel resulted in unprecedented spending for the Eagles...

Interesting tid bit... not that we didn't know this already... High spending and gutting our best talent.

If Chip did to the Patriots what he did to us the Patriots would have been trying to win without Brady, Gronk and Edelman. And one of them would have gone to a division rival for nothing.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he does. Sometimes his logic is actually sound, but his premises are completely batshit crazy and made up.

I guess you believe the statements that come from corporate? What do you think Howie is going to say? "I f''''d up and wasted Jeff's money on this one".

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you believe the statements that come from corporate? What do you think Howie is going to say? "I f''''d up and wasted Jeff's money on this one".

I don't need Howie quotes to see how everything went.

The QB position is important. Implementing the new coach's offense is important. Developing the young QB is important. Fortunately Defilippo doesn't take up a roster spot and doesn't cost cap money, and still gives Wentz some continuation in the room.

It was a good fit for a year.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different from you evidently. Read Howie's statement and it smells of the political correctness sort of double speak that is common in the corporate world. You learn to read between the lines.

So you are expecting us to accept your analysis of the article based on crap you added into it? There is a different between reading between lines and just flat out making shit up. That is what you have a tendency to do. There is nothing that supports your analysis.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article said:
The 30-year-old asked the Eagles for his release, an NFL source said, so that he could find a team willing to let him compete for a starting job. If that was a reality, Roseman would have been able to find a trade partner. But after weeks on the block and several days into the new league year, the Eagles couldn't wait any longer.

Roseman said:
"After a healthy discussion with Chase," Roseman said in a statement, "we both felt like it was best to move forward in a different direction as circumstances have changed since he originally signed."

Seems like you started with your supposition first, and then did everything to twist the known facts your way.

Players asking for a release in order to be able to start somewhere is fairly common. What you seem to have omitted is that - to my recollection - Daniel was lured here with the promise that he could compete for a starting job. If anything his pay suggested that, in particular after they traded Bradford. It was equally clear the minute Bradford was traded that he never would compete for a starting job here at all.

If Daniel was the whining individual you believe him to be, then why did we not hear anything at all during the season; he kept his mouth shut, something completely the opposite of what whiners tend to do. Likewise he kept his mouth shut after being released, again, something whiners do not tend to do.

The facts as known:

- By week 1 it was patently clear Daniel would never compete for a starting job here.
- It is not that uncommon for sports franchises to release(or trade) players that they have deemed good soldiers to allow them to be pursue a better future elsewhere (notable example Kimmo Timonen). On occasion even if that means that they take an extra hit at that point, or are left with worse players on the roster. IIRC the Eagles themselves have done so on occasion.

Supposition based on events of last season:

- By the end of the season it was also clear that the Eagles were overpaying for a back-up QB that, most likely in their estimation, would not be any good (even as a back up).
- The Eagles assumed that there would be cheaper alternatives available.
- There was no mentoring that Daniel could do anyway (similarly to Doug Pederson's mentor role to McNabb became redundant after one season).
- The Eagles probably believe that they will not compete for a Super Bowl this year anyway. Absorbing the cap hit this season only serves to free up money in the future.

Odds are both sides are happier by parting ways the way they did - and it has nothing to do with whining.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you started with your supposition first, and then did everything to twist the known facts your way.

Players asking for a release in order to be able to start somewhere is fairly common. What you seem to have omitted is that - to my recollection - Daniel was lured here with the promise that he could compete for a starting job. If anything his pay suggested that, in particular after they traded Bradford. It was equally clear the minute Bradford was traded that he never would compete for a starting job here at all.

If Daniel was the whining individual you believe him to be, then why did we not hear anything at all during the season; he kept his mouth shut, something completely the opposite of what whiners tend to do. Likewise he kept his mouth shut after being released, again, something whiners do not tend to do.

The facts as known:

- By week 1 it was patently clear Daniel would never compete for a starting job here.
- It is not that uncommon for sports franchises to release(or trade) players that they have deemed good soldiers to allow them to be pursue a better future elsewhere (notable example Kimmo Timonen). On occasion even if that means that they take an extra hit at that point, or are left with worse players on the roster. IIRC the Eagles themselves have done so on occasion.

Supposition based on events of last season:

- By the end of the season it was also clear that the Eagles were overpaying for a back-up QB that, most likely in their estimation, would not be any good (even as a back up).
- The Eagles assumed that there would be cheaper alternatives available.
- There was no mentoring that Daniel could do anyway (similarly to Doug Pederson's mentor role to McNabb became redundant after one season).
- The Eagles probably believe that they will not compete for a Super Bowl this year anyway. Absorbing the cap hit this season only serves to free up money in the future.

Odds are both sides are happier by parting ways the way they did - and it has nothing to do with whining.

I think you understand the situation fairly well and your only real beef with my analysis is my phrase "private whining", which is a negative spin on the fact we agree on that Chase didn't want to be a backup and didn't want to mentor a rookie.

A couple of key points to mention though.

1. Daniel is not getting a chance to compete for a starting job. He took a min salary backup position to Drew Brees. He is getting paid $900k to backup Brees this season along with another $4.1M from the Eagles. It is a one year deal.

2. Nick Foles is getting $4M guaranteed from the Eagles this year on a 2 year $11.5M contract.

All told the Eagles are paying a little over $8M to Daniel and Foles. This clearly wasn't a move to save money.

If they had any respect for Daniel (and if Daniel had any respect for the Eagles), they would have just kept Daniel around to be the backup and saved themselves $4M.

The idea that they did this to be fair to Daniel would only make sense if he had the opportunity to compete to be a starter elsewhere. The idea that Daniel was somehow important to Wentz development only makes sense if they wanted to keep him in that role. When you pay a guy $4M NOT to do a job, AND pay another guy $4M to do the same job, it seems clear they didn't want him period.