• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are changing how NFL rosters are built

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 years is a lot longer than 25, and even if I personnaly never see another Dallas SB, I'm betting the 5 I did see will always put number the amount you see.

Acceptance....

the final stage of grief. Now finally accepting this, you can move on. :)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not acceptance, its knowing the Cowboys will forever have more success than the Eagles.

You never really know that to be honest. However if you are going to pull up revisionist history you need to include all of the NFL history. The Eagles have a total of 4 NFL Championships now. However everyone likes to look at only the Superbow era when discussion certain teams and I personally find that laughable and people only use it when they really have nothing to argue about. I mean seriously the Superbowl Trophy is named after a coach not because he won the first 2 Superbowls but because of how great a coach he was before the Superbowl Era.

I guess you can say the argument is subjective of who is more successful or not. I can say this though. The Eagles have a much better looking future than the Cowboys. The Eagles have been to two Superbowls since the Cowboys last victory 22 years ago. I think the Cowboys have a total of 2 or 3 playoff victories since their 1995/1996 Superbowl.

It may take a while to pass 5 Superbowls. Hell they Eagles may never pass it. That is a feat that is just hard to beat. Very few teams are going to be able to get up to that number. Just too hard. It does not take away from a teams Success. So yes if you look at overall history the Cowboys have more sucess. I personally like to live in the here and now. The Eagles are SuperBowl Champions. The Eagles were better yesterday, they are better today and they will be better tomorrow. That is here and right now.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never really know that to be honest. However if you are going to pull up revisionist history you need to include all of the NFL history. The Eagles have a total of 4 NFL Championships now. However everyone likes to look at only the Superbow era when discussion certain teams and I personally find that laughable and people only use it when they really have nothing to argue about. I mean seriously the Superbowl Trophy is named after a coach not because he won the first 2 Superbowls but because of how great a coach he was before the Superbowl Era.

I guess you can say the argument is subjective of who is more successful or not. I can say this though. The Eagles have a much better looking future than the Cowboys. The Eagles have been to two Superbowls since the Cowboys last victory 22 years ago. I think the Cowboys have a total of 2 or 3 playoff victories since their 1995/1996 Superbowl.

It may take a while to pass 5 Superbowls. Hell they Eagles may never pass it. That is a feat that is just hard to beat. Very few teams are going to be able to get up to that number. Just too hard. It does not take away from a teams Success. So yes if you look at overall history the Cowboys have more sucess. I personally like to live in the here and now. The Eagles are SuperBowl Champions. The Eagles were better yesterday, they are better today and they will be better tomorrow. That is here and right now.

I agree we cannot take away the Championships pre SB era, but we have all judged teams by SB's for at least 3 decades. I will also agree the Eagles were better yesterday. Everything else you said is Horse Shit.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we cannot take away the Championships pre SB era, but we have all judged teams by SB's for at least 3 decades. I will also agree the Eagles were better yesterday. Everything else you said is Horse Shit.

I am not in the group of people that judged teams by SB's for the past 3 decades. First of all it is just stupid to do so because the majority of player who were on SB teams say approx 10 years ago are not even in the NFL any more. Most have retired. I personally have maintained that teams that have won SB's with the last 5 years are truly the only teams that really have bragging rights. The rest should just STFU because what the hell have they done lately.

The Cowboys have not done shit since Jerry Jones let his ego write checks his ass could not cash and ran Jimmy Johnson out of town. The SB that was won by Barry Switzer should have an asterisk next to it and the statement that "This Championship really belongs to Jimmy Johnson" That team was so loaded I could have coached them to a SB victory. Jerry Jones screwed up IMO a Boston Celtics type dynasty. They have not done shit since and will continue to not do shit as long as Jerry is running the team.

So if your argument is the Cowboys history is better I will just laugh in your face and show you the most recent Vince Lombardi Trophy and say STFU!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not in the group of people that judged teams by SB's for the past 3 decades. First of all it is just stupid to do so because the majority of player who were on SB teams say approx 10 years ago are not even in the NFL any more. Most have retired. I personally have maintained that teams that have won SB's with the last 5 years are truly the only teams that really have bragging rights. The rest should just STFU because what the hell have they done lately.

The Cowboys have not done shit since Jerry Jones let his ego write checks his ass could not cash and ran Jimmy Johnson out of town. The SB that was won by Barry Switzer should have an asterisk next to it and the statement that "This Championship really belongs to Jimmy Johnson" That team was so loaded I could have coached them to a SB victory. Jerry Jones screwed up IMO a Boston Celtics type dynasty. They have not done shit since and will continue to not do shit as long as Jerry is running the team.

So if your argument is the Cowboys history is better I will just laugh in your face and show you the most recent Vince Lombardi Trophy and say STFU!
5 is better than 1 or 4 no matter how you spin it so no, you STFU.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 is better than 1 or 4 no matter how you spin it so no, you STFU.
2018 is more recent than 1996..... I could give a rats ass how many SB trophies the Cowboys have. We have the last one.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghd
2018 is more recent than 1996..... I could give a rats ass how many SB trophies the Cowboys have. We have the last one.
And by this time next year you're also the former SB Champs. Enjoy it while you can. Odds are against another any time soon.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he is right. the cowgirls have regressed, and we have added star players to last year's roster. Dallas and Wash will fight over 3rd place in the division.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he is right. the cowgirls have regressed, and we have added star players to last year's roster. Dallas and Wash will fight over 3rd place in the division.
Eagles simply overachieved in 17. Dallas will win the NFCE. Healthy OL, no more Drop Ball Dez, Zeke with no distractions. I like Dallas chances.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles simply overachieved in 17. Dallas will win the NFCE. Healthy OL, no more Drop Ball Dez, Zeke with no distractions. I like Dallas chances.

As a fan, you have every right to root for them to win the NFCE, but they have lost some key pieces - Witten and Dez (despite his antics). We shall see.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess overachieved could be a fair assessment. No one really gave the Eagles a shot and to be honest I did not think they were Superbowl contenders either. As the season went on I started to believe because we had a QB that was a legit MVP candidate and an offense that was lights out. When Wentz went down I did not think the Eagles had a shot. However the team and players proved me wrong and I have to give the most props to the coaching staff. Nick Foles was lights out and there was not a lot of film on him running the offense the Eagles did in the playoffs. People forget that he struggled going into the playoffs but the coaching staff improved each week to install plays that he would excel at. One thing is for certain the Eagles have one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL and even though we lost some pieces on that staff it starts with the Head Coach and he is proving to be one of the best.

However...... to think the Cowboys will win the NFCE is laughable. You strike me as highly intelligent Manster so I am going to have to say that homerism is what led to that comment. Comparing roster to roster the Eagles are superior in ever aspect except RB. Zeke is a special back and we don't have anyone close. The offensive lines are very close. I am willing to concede the nod to the Cowboys but not by much. The Eagles have a top 5 offensive line. Everywhere else..... Eagles have the Cowboys beat. QB..check, Receivers..check, Tight Ends...check, Defensive line..check, linebackers..check, secondary...check, special teams..check, Coaching...check, Roster depth...Check.

On paper the Eagles are still the best team in the NFL. They have the best roster in the NFL. I truly am a firm believer of any given Sunday and while the on paper comparison is really not a true go to being as though the Eagles and World Champs it will apply here. They were not a wild card team that got lucky.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess overachieved could be a fair assessment. No one really gave the Eagles a shot and to be honest I did not think they were Superbowl contenders either. As the season went on I started to believe because we had a QB that was a legit MVP candidate and an offense that was lights out. When Wentz went down I did not think the Eagles had a shot. However the team and players proved me wrong and I have to give the most props to the coaching staff. Nick Foles was lights out and there was not a lot of film on him running the offense the Eagles did in the playoffs. People forget that he struggled going into the playoffs but the coaching staff improved each week to install plays that he would excel at. One thing is for certain the Eagles have one of the best coaching staffs in the NFL and even though we lost some pieces on that staff it starts with the Head Coach and he is proving to be one of the best.

However...... to think the Cowboys will win the NFCE is laughable. You strike me as highly intelligent Manster so I am going to have to say that homerism is what led to that comment. Comparing roster to roster the Eagles are superior in ever aspect except RB. Zeke is a special back and we don't have anyone close. The offensive lines are very close. I am willing to concede the nod to the Cowboys but not by much. The Eagles have a top 5 offensive line. Everywhere else..... Eagles have the Cowboys beat. QB..check, Receivers..check, Tight Ends...check, Defensive line..check, linebackers..check, secondary...check, special teams..check, Coaching...check, Roster depth...Check.

On paper the Eagles are still the best team in the NFL. They have the best roster in the NFL. I truly am a firm believer of any given Sunday and while the on paper comparison is really not a true go to being as though the Eagles and World Champs it will apply here. They were not a wild card team that got lucky.
I will freely admit some homerism is in play as well as some trolling. Now I'll say "IF" Smith's back is good to go and William's plans out at Guard I like the Dallas OL over Phillys. Another "IF" is Jaylon Smith meeting his potential. He is no longer wearing the brace for Drop Foot, so he may show that he was a top 10 pick add in Vander Esch at LB Dallas could very well have the best 4-3 LB core in the NFL. As for the DBs word out of camp is the new DB coach has the team looking like Seattle back there.
I know it's a lot of its, but I truly believe the team was better than its record last season, and without the distractions they will play to that level.
I know it won't be easy to replace Witten and Dez, but it you honestly look at it the Dez were replacing was NOT the Dez to be feared and Witten (Love him forever) was a lot closer to the end than the beginning.

2018 just like the past 8 or so years is still anybody's chance to win the NFCE. Eagles are rightfully the favs, but this is not sure thing.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will freely admit some homerism is in play as well as some trolling. Now I'll say "IF" Smith's back is good to go and William's plans out at Guard I like the Dallas OL over Phillys. Another "IF" is Jaylon Smith meeting his potential. He is no longer wearing the brace for Drop Foot, so he may show that he was a top 10 pick add in Vander Esch at LB Dallas could very well have the best 4-3 LB core in the NFL. As for the DBs word out of camp is the new DB coach has the team looking like Seattle back there.
I know it's a lot of its, but I truly believe the team was better than its record last season, and without the distractions they will play to that level.
I know it won't be easy to replace Witten and Dez, but it you honestly look at it the Dez were replacing was NOT the Dez to be feared and Witten (Love him forever) was a lot closer to the end than the beginning.

2018 just like the past 8 or so years is still anybody's chance to win the NFCE. Eagles are rightfully the favs, but this is not sure thing.

Ok that is fair. Here is my biggest reason for being down on the Cowboys my being an Eagles fan aside. The coaching staff just flat out sucks. Jason Garett has no business being an NFL head coach. That being said I may be a little harsh on him as well. He has no say in his coaching staff. That is one of the biggest mistakes the Cowboys front office or any front office for that matter can make. The head coach should be able to pick his staff. Not allowing this undermines him and he has no control.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking, we're still Champs, right?!?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking, we're still Champs, right?!?

giphy.gif

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok that is fair. Here is my biggest reason for being down on the Cowboys my being an Eagles fan aside. The coaching staff just flat out sucks. Jason Garett has no business being an NFL head coach. That being said I may be a little harsh on him as well. He has no say in his coaching staff. That is one of the biggest mistakes the Cowboys front office or any front office for that matter can make. The head coach should be able to pick his staff. Not allowing this undermines him and he has no control.
Can't argue to much on Garrett. I have supported him due to the no quit nature of the team, but his game decisions and lack of adjustments have to be questioned.
He's a smart guy, but maybe his best fit is as an OC.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue to much on Garrett. I have supported him due to the no quit nature of the team, but his game decisions and lack of adjustments have to be questioned.
He's a smart guy, but maybe his best fit is as an OC.

This was the same problem I had with Andy Reid. His players loved him and loved playing for him. I am not sure if that is the same for Garrett. Andy Reid is a very good coach but IMO will never win a Superbowl becuase he is too predictable and easy to gameplan for. He had very good success here in Philly and the teams he had were good enough to win at least one SB but that never happened. In Kansas City he had good team but he has not been able to translate any of that to playoff success. He has only one playoff victory. In his playoff losses the Chiefs have been inept offensively and that is a damning statement against an offensive coach. Just as you said about Garrett, I feel Reid was the same. His in game decisions and adjustments are just bad.

Don't get me wrong I really do like Reid but just don't feel he is going to get over that hump. His split from the Eagles was a good one and he is still liked and respected in Philly and rightfull so. After the Eagles moved on from him we have the Chip Kelly fiasco. Initially I thought it was a good fit and Reid helped in us getting Kelly. In the end Kelly was just a nightmare. Not saying that was Reid's fault becuase it was not. How can he know how inept Chip Kelly really was. However our next coach is Doug Pederson. He is someone from Reid coaching tree and again another coach to Philly that Reid helped with and this one was a slam dunk, home run.

Many have stated and I am in agreement that coaching is just as important as good players. You will not find a SB winning team that did not have a very good head coach at the helm. All of these coaches have complete control of their team. I don't mean in the aspect of being a GM. I think a head coach needs to be able to decide on who is on his staff. Garrett has so little power that Jerry even at times has decided who is the coach that calls the plays. That is just too much micro-management for an NFL team to be honest.