• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are changing how NFL rosters are built

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really great video... thanks for sharing.

Great insight into their thoughts on the RT, and very telling. explains a lot of what we have argued about for years on here about his salary. Guy is an absolute beast.

So wish Dawkins played right now in his prime.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster construction is important and we utilized two approaches many teams overlook.
  • Tremendous depth at QB.
  • One year contracts to veterans that couldn't find long terms at the money they wanted.
Those definitely helped us towards victory, but brilliant coaching is and was our decisive advantage.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching is definitely the big edge on the Eagles, imo. The GM is making all of the right moves (notably at QB) but Nick Foles with an average coach doesn't win any playoff games. I'm not even sure Nick Foles with an above-average coach wins any playoff games.

I feel like everyone is building up their olines. Everyone is doing that and has been doing it for a few years now. I'm not sure everyone else is putting the same emphasis on dline depth and DTs in general aren't getting much right now.

The CB vs S thing is interesting, though. I wonder if thats a sustainable trend for the Eagles. The Pats tore up the Eagles secondary pretty badly but ultimately that didn't matter. Thats something that could change the NFL but I do believe that even the guy that runs this youtube channel thinks that the Eagles are going to get challenged by other teams in the NFC East next year so....eh....

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s an example of a currently well oiled machine. You can see that FO is talking to coaching and vise versa and forming up a plan they can execute and run well with.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CB v.s S discussion, is that our safeties are ball hawks, not the type that likes to play in the box, and hit like LB'ers. Physicality is an added bonus. that's why I think that Rasul may wind up at safety sometime. In the SB, Schwartz traded deep coverage v.s risking TD's, in other words, he played a bend but don't break against Brady. It did allow them to stay in the game until the very last play, and we won, and that was his goal. I think from now on, he wants to have the personnel to have a shut-down defense. He shut down Minnesota, but that wouldn't work against Brady.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching is definitely the big edge on the Eagles, imo. The GM is making all of the right moves (notably at QB) but Nick Foles with an average coach doesn't win any playoff games. I'm not even sure Nick Foles with an above-average coach wins any playoff games.

I feel like everyone is building up their olines. Everyone is doing that and has been doing it for a few years now. I'm not sure everyone else is putting the same emphasis on dline depth and DTs in general aren't getting much right now.

The CB vs S thing is interesting, though. I wonder if thats a sustainable trend for the Eagles. The Pats tore up the Eagles secondary pretty badly but ultimately that didn't matter. Thats something that could change the NFL but I do believe that even the guy that runs this youtube channel thinks that the Eagles are going to get challenged by other teams in the NFC East next year so....eh....

I would argue that DAL's OL has gotten weaker. Granted it was one of the best a couple years ago. They lost a bit last year. I think their offense will continue to struggle against us.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles did nothing more than simply overachieved. That is all.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles did nothing more than simply overachieved. That is all.
They also won the Super Bowl.

Philadelphia Eagles: Super Bowl Champions
Super Bowl Champions: Philadelphia Eagles

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CB v.s S discussion, is that our safeties are ball hawks, not the type that likes to play in the box, and hit like LB'ers. Physicality is an added bonus. that's why I think that Rasul may wind up at safety sometime. In the SB, Schwartz traded deep coverage v.s risking TD's, in other words, he played a bend but don't break against Brady. It did allow them to stay in the game until the very last play, and we won, and that was his goal. I think from now on, he wants to have the personnel to have a shut-down defense. He shut down Minnesota, but that wouldn't work against Brady.

Not sure this is what you meant but...........

Per Pro Football Focus, Jenkins took snaps at four different positions in 2017. Jenkins played linebacker for 42 percent of the snaps, slot cornerback for 30 percent, safety for 24 percent, and outside cornerback for four percent. Jenkins finished with 69 tackles, two interceptions, eight pass deflections, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, and a sack en route to another Pro Bowl selection.

Would be interesting to know how they define that he played linebacker but I'm not looking that up

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took the Eagles nearly 60 years. I'm old and I wasn't alive the last time they won.

and you may never see another conference championship with DALLAS even in it, lone less winning it - without even getting into a SB appearance. Hasn't been one of those since.. well.. 1995. 23 years and counting. PHI might have taken awhile to win a SB victory, but we at least made it 'to' the SB and to many conference championships, even winning a few. DALLAS might have won big, 2.5 decades ago, but they have certainly sucked big too.

But shouldn't this topic be moved to the DALLAS SUCKS thread?? :D

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you may never see another conference championship with DALLAS even in it, lone less winning it - without even getting into a SB appearance. Hasn't been one of those since.. well.. 1995. 23 years and counting. PHI might have taken awhile to win a SB victory, but we at least made it 'to' the SB and to many conference championships, even winning a few. DALLAS might have won big, 2.5 decades ago, but they have certainly sucked big too.

But shouldn't this topic be moved to the DALLAS SUCKS thread?? :D
60 years is a lot longer than 25, and even if I personnaly never see another Dallas SB, I'm betting the 5 I did see will always put number the amount you see.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Capitals are changing the way NHL rosters are built... oops wrong thread