• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are changing how NFL rosters are built

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the same problem I had with Andy Reid. His players loved him and loved playing for him. I am not sure if that is the same for Garrett. Andy Reid is a very good coach but IMO will never win a Superbowl becuase he is too predictable and easy to gameplan for. He had very good success here in Philly and the teams he had were good enough to win at least one SB but that never happened. In Kansas City he had good team but he has not been able to translate any of that to playoff success. He has only one playoff victory. In his playoff losses the Chiefs have been inept offensively and that is a damning statement against an offensive coach. Just as you said about Garrett, I feel Reid was the same. His in game decisions and adjustments are just bad.

Don't get me wrong I really do like Reid but just don't feel he is going to get over that hump. His split from the Eagles was a good one and he is still liked and respected in Philly and rightfull so. After the Eagles moved on from him we have the Chip Kelly fiasco. Initially I thought it was a good fit and Reid helped in us getting Kelly. In the end Kelly was just a nightmare. Not saying that was Reid's fault becuase it was not. How can he know how inept Chip Kelly really was. However our next coach is Doug Pederson. He is someone from Reid coaching tree and again another coach to Philly that Reid helped with and this one was a slam dunk, home run.

Many have stated and I am in agreement that coaching is just as important as good players. You will not find a SB winning team that did not have a very good head coach at the helm. All of these coaches have complete control of their team. I don't mean in the aspect of being a GM. I think a head coach needs to be able to decide on who is on his staff. Garrett has so little power that Jerry even at times has decided who is the coach that calls the plays. That is just too much micro-management for an NFL team to be honest.

I hate Andy Reid's stupid fat face.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
superbowl wins alone are not a measure of how well an organization has done.

DAL got most of their SB victories in a short span. 3 in 4 years I believe?? That is a very short time to be great.

Over the years, like the salary cap era, which has majorly changed the game and how teams can build.... DAL has absolutely SUCKED. Since their last SB, which was right as the salary cap started, how many times have they even BEEN to the conference game, lone less won it?? How many playoff wins did their previous 'franchise QB' Romo even win???

Over that same etime frame, while the Eagles have not won a SB, we had been to 2, and been to numerous conference championship (8 I believe).

So if your going to look at how an organization is doing - DAL has sucked far more than PHI has - "DESPITE" their short span of SB victories.

Omitting the pre-SB era is fine with me, but it makes as much sense as omitting the pre-salary cap era.

Any way you put it... since 1995, DAL has SUCKED! And they have sucked much more than PHI has ever sucked.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid is a very good coach but IMO will never win a Superbowl becuase he is too predictable and easy to gameplan for.

why does everyone say Reid is a great coach, and follow it up with evidence that he is not???

It's ok to like the guy, and admit he isn't a great coach. He is one of the best QB coaches in the league. But just admit it, he is not a great HC at all. There is overwhelming evidence of it. He doesn't even measure up to Levy.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not going to start a new thread over this. So....I will shoe horn it into this roster thread as such....I’m even happier today that the way the Eagles build their roster is not to trade to bring back a former RB.

Interesting story developing around McCoy. Developing story, yes. But it doesn’t sound good. Shady is shady for damn sure. Not a fresh relevation.....but I do not think this is going to play out well for him at all. And I’m glad the Eagles are no fucking where near it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37577187_2168561493362843_6879286484218675200_n.jpg

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ballhawk DB.... one spirit with Dawkins... I'm good with that. LOL

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I am a starting safety. That's good. I hope that by next year, we draft a stud safety, ala Malcolm. Maybe Marvel Tell III, USC?