• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case For Wisconsin as National Champion

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, even without the win-probability, Ohio St looked to be in control of the game the entire time.

I am not an "iffer" but control of a game is another term I dislike. A less than 1 score lead is not "in control". The number that counts is points scored. Ohio State was not in control of that game until Wisconsin didn't score on their last drive.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument for any team this year that can't be refuted.

IMO, 2-loss conference champs shouldn't be in. That left Alabama and Wisconsin for the 4th spot. Wisconsin lost their play-in game. Scale tips to Alabama.

I disagree. Were we to have beaten UGA in the SECCG then we would have been deserving and a lock. We would have had 2 losses
@Clemson by 8, but we were dominated from start to finish. IMHO Clemson could have blown us out but played it
conservative to avoid any type of spark for us and freaky loss.
@LSU- unexplainable loss, but tips my hat to LSU for bringing it for 4 quarters.

But we would have beaten a #1 ranked team(UGA, Bama) 2 out of three weeks, and then a top 5(UGA) for the championship. To say that the loss to a #1 ranked team should be a disqualifier will kill OOC scheduling.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument for any team this year that can't be refuted.

IMO, 2-loss conference champs shouldn't be in. That left Alabama and Wisconsin for the 4th spot. Wisconsin lost their play-in game. Scale tips to Alabama.
But Alabama didn't play a play-in game. They did have a game to play for their division, and lost it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not an "iffer" but control of a game is another term I dislike. A less than 1 score lead is not "in control". The number that counts is points scored. Ohio State was not in control of that game until Wisconsin didn't score on their last drive.

Ok, then Wisconsin wasn't in control of the game against Miami yesterday then.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this guy crawls out from under his rock because Wisconsin won?

What are the chances???

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big10 sent 8 teams to bowl games.

Wisconsin played only 2 of them.
You can't be this stupid.

Iowa
Purdue
Michigan
Northwestern
Ohio State

... is more than 2.

Wisconsin played 5 of the B1G's other 7 bowl teams. Didn't play PSU or MSU.

The SEC sent 8 teams to bowls (so far 2/3 have lost). Alabama played only 4 of the other 7. Didn't play Georgia, SCar or Mizzou.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then Wisconsin wasn't in control of the game against Miami yesterday then.

True. I never felt we were in control until we stopped Miami with 4 minutes left(missed FG) and a 2 score lead.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of if statements in your argument. Whisky should pony up and schedule better ooc opponents. But congrats to Wisconsin for finally beating somebody, what a great back and forth game vs a team Clemson dismantled by the 1st qtr.
They’ve played LSU twice and Alabama the three seasons prior to this. Yes the OOC was underwhelming this season but can everyone please stop saying that Wisconsin doesn’t schedule anyone.

Non Conferences games are scheduled so far in advance. It’s also a two way road. You can’t just pick and choose who you want.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I never felt we were in control until we stopped Miami with 4 minutes left(missed FG) and a 2 score lead.

The refs removed any doubt.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I forgot Ohio St

You played 3 of them.
Still wrong.

You can't be this stupid.

Iowa
Purdue
Michigan
Northwestern
Ohio State

... is more than 2.

Wisconsin played 5 of the B1G's other 7 bowl teams. Didn't play PSU or MSU.

The SEC sent 8 teams to bowls (so far 2/3 have lost). Alabama played only 4 of the other 7. Didn't play Georgia, SCar or Mizzou.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of if statements in your argument. Whisky should pony up and schedule better ooc opponents. But congrats to Wisconsin for finally beating somebody, what a great back and forth game vs a team Clemson dismantled by the 1st qtr.

Are you fucking serious? You really want to play the whole "who was in more danger against their opponents this year" game with me?

You lost to Syracuse. You were tied in the fourth with Boston fucking College. NC State was within three points of you for much of the fourth quarter.

Yesterday was only the second time all year our opponent was closer than eight points against us in the fourth quarter.

There's no "what if" involved. We just beat your best win on their home field. Our loss was to a team better than any team you played all year. You lost to god damn Syracuse. SYRACUSE. And you want to talk shit about my team? We'll see what happens when you play a team as good as Ohio State tomorrow. Something tells me it won't be as pretty as a 27-21 loss.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can assure you that no playoff team would have an ounce of fear about playing Wisconsin. You beat a team that had lost their last two games, including to a non bowl eligible Pitt team, and getting steamrolled 38-3 by Clemson and is coached by a guy with a long reputation of not being able to win big games.

Congrats.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can assure you that no playoff team would have an ounce of fear about playing Wisconsin. You beat a team that had lost their last two games, including to a non bowl eligible Pitt team, and getting steamrolled 38-3 by Clemson and is coached by a guy with a long reputation of not being able to win big games.

Congrats.
As a Wisconsin fan, I wouldn't be the least bit scared about playing Georgia either.