• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cardinals are going to regret drafting Kyler Murray

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now, this kid is going to be a huge bust. I'm not sold on a 5'10" one year college wonder QB being worth anywhere near a 1st round pick. People are quick to bring up Russell Wilson, but he is both an inch taller and heavier than Murray, had 3 years of solid college ball under his belt by the time he was drafted, and was a 3rd round pick. Wilson is among an extremely rare select few QB's that short to succeed at that high of a level, let alone what the expectations of a 1st overall pick should be in Murray.

Will Rosen work out in Miami? Maybe, maybe not, but that's really besides the point in all this. I could see Murray maybe having a decent/good start RG3 style or something, maybe even turning out to be a decent player overall. But a perennial top 3 QB like you'd be hoping for with a 1st rounder? I think the odds are stacked way against him. I have nothing against the guy or the Cards, so if he proves me wrong, I'll be completely fine with it. Just calling it like I see it.

I'll be happy to eat crow if he manages to prove this wrong for more than 1 season.

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to prognosticate a negative outcome.

It takes balls and discernment to predict success.

Murray completes at least two contracts with the Cards and leads them to at least one playoff.

Barring injury, of course.

Guy is a winner and can carry a team on his back.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murray completes at least two contracts with the Cards and leads them to at least one playoff.

He's a midget and will be out of the league in 3 years.

The NFL isn't minor league football and Murray would be wise to buy a big dollar life insurance policy.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Kyler to succeed but I really hope Rosen turns out to be a stud in the league

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL isn't minor league football and Murray would be wise to buy a big dollar life insurance policy.
Baker and Russ ball. Height is a number

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the Cards and leads them to at least one playoff
We'll see if the Bidwill's can keep the fuck out of the way long enough for them to sniff the playoffs again. They got lucky with Warner and then Arians. Owner has been shit since I was a little boy.

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, they said the NFL defense at Bama was gonna kill him too. Just hide and watch. Kid is a baller.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completes two contracts and leads Arizona to ONE playoff? That doesnt sound very successful. Sounds like your analysis needs more "balls and discernment"

Reactions: gob

Soonertshirtfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completes two contracts and leads Arizona to ONE playoff? That doesnt sound very successful. Sounds like your analysis needs more "balls and discernment"
Dude. This your A game?

There are lots of QBs in the show that are considered successful by that very metric.

And yes, a career that included taking the cards to the playoffs a single time would be considered a success.

You do watch the NFL, right?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they said the NFL defense at Bama was gonna kill him too. Just hide and watch. Kid is a baller.

The worst team in the NFL would beat Bama by 50 points and Murray is gonna be road kill.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. This your A game?

There are lots of QBs in the show that are considered successful by that very metric.

And yes, a career that included taking the cards to the playoffs a single time would be considered a success.

You just called the Alabama defense an NFL defense. Do you watch the NFL?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. This your A game?

"lots of quarterbacks in the show that are considered succussful by that metric"

And how many of those are OVERALL NUMBER 1 picks??

Remember, young padawan, its all about perspective. Being a number one overall pick, at QB, replacing a guy who was a 1st rd pick just one draft before, comes with expectations x 1000. Particularly for a franchise that is starving for some success.

And remember, young padawan, successfully completing TWO contracts means at least 7-8 seasons, probably more. That's a lot of football to ONLY have ONE playoff appearance as THEE number 1 pick in the draft, I dont care WHAT franchise we're talking about. Now, to be fair, he could be off-the-charts awesome while other components of the team could continuously shit the bed, but at some point, its going to be on him, the leader, the face of the franchise, to get them over the hump.

Do I watch the NFL, he asks. LO-fuggin-L
vVkoPPU.gif

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has a few good pieces around him on offense now especially with the picks of Isabelle and Butler at WR. The line isn't very good but that's why you take a mobile QB. If DJ is healthy all year id expect the Cards to have a top 15 offense and win 6 or 7 games

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. This your A game?

Not for a #1 pick. Making one playoff game in his career?? Lol They drafted him bc they thought he would be WAY better than Rosen and be a franchise QB. One playoff win?
That’s like saying if Baker were to only win one playoff game in his career, he would be a success to the Browns. Definitely not true

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has a few good pieces around him on offense now especially with the picks of Isabelle and Butler at WR. The line isn't very good but that's why you take a mobile QB. If DJ is healthy all year id expect the Cards to have a top 15 offense and win 6 or 7 games

That is pretty realistic

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't draft a single offensive lineman or tight end. Thats drafting 101 when you bring in a young QB. Don't get him killed.

If/when Marcus Gilbert and DJ Humpries go down again, the Cardinals will have the worst Oline and the worst TEs. I think there is a small chance those tackles stay healthy and Murray has a good rookie season but if they go down then they'll be looking at the top QBs in the draft next year. (The good news for them is that they'll be able to trade down next year if that happens)