• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bitch About Work Thread

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago I had an employee have a break down and was threatening to jump into the power lines. I feel ya bro, rough to deal with. Sorry you had to deal with that Smitty.

I remember having to talk a guy down from stabbing his two children when he got home from a deployment and found out his wife was cheating on him. I know the feeling LP and Smitty.

Then again it was my job and a wake up call as well. Most days were ho-hum days but you never wake up thinking that your going to be involved in it.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did several weeks ago. Chick got knocked up while he was in Iraq. Not cool.

Got any bulls on that farm? Have him invite that fucking bitch over for a "talk" and to wear a red outfit, "because he always liked her in red (lie)". Do whatever you have to do to make that bull as pissed off as possible and let him loose. Then he can really like her in red, blood red and she gets what she deserves.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could pour a can of Drano down her throat like that pimp on Dirty Harry.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The power line thing reminds me of my favorite Darwin award winner...

A man was found dead at the base of a transmission tower near Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Police found that the man suffered severe burns in the middle of his torso and this was the cause of death. Four empty beer cans were found near the body, but no other evidence...Until an officer looked up and saw two empty beers sitting approximately 100 feet up on one of the support spars.

Evidently the man had come on a Friday night to find a place with a view to have a few drinks alone. After consuming 4 beers, nature had called and the man had stood to relieve himself. Unfortunately, he had failed to account for the fact that 735kv, in humid summer air, can arc up to a full metre. Police were able to observe an area of the tower where the steel had melted where the man would have stood during what would have been a rather spectacular short.

One more man making the gene pool that much deeper.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate being a downer, its not my thing when I can help it. but since I chose to bring this whole thing up, Im going to finish the story. Shortly after I last posted on this thread, things turned south. My co-worker (I consider him a friend as well)didn't calm down and listen to authorities, family, co-workers and friends. He ran. And despite handing over his handgun, he was still armed. I never thought to get his razor knife or his buck knife from him. At some point he flead to the woods and slit his wrists. Before he could slit his throat (this was what he was fixated on earlier in the day, it didnt seem practical)several deputies managed to taze him. I guess that ended the situation. Luckily paramedics were already on scene and he was treated quickly and is alive tonight. Im not sure there is anything I want to bitch about at this point. But Im fucking exhausted. And after working 45 hours the last three days im pretty fucking tired too. Hope I haven't offended anyone by bringing this shit to the board and this thread that was meant for good natured Ol' fashioned bitchin'. Never thought it'd go like this, can't talk about it on Facebook, don't really want to tell Rita the ins and outs and haven't been anywhere other than work to talk about it elsewhere. Actually... I do want to bitch. Fuck it. It's opening day of deer season tomorrow. Since I don't hunt, and "wiped the tears of a drama queen" I get 3 different people responsibilities the next three days. Mother. Fucker. (I also missed out on lunch with the vet today.... fineass Dr. Becky..... Mother. Fucker.).

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough man, hopefully he can figure things out, suicide is selfish and can be devastating for family and friends. Take care of yourself man.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work seven days a week and have had two days off since aug 11. One was labor day and the other was a call in, my first in over a year working there only because I am getting burnt out, it sucks. I havent heard yet but bet I only get one day off for thanksgiving even though I have holiday pay for two. Good thing I got a degree.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work seven days a week and have had two days off since aug 11. One was labor day and the other was a call in, my first in over a year working there only because I am getting burnt out, it sucks. I havent heard yet but bet I only get one day off for thanksgiving even though I have holiday pay for two. Good thing I got a degree.

Holy shit Laker!!! I thought I worked too much. What the hell do you do? You work third shift too, right!?!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit Laker!!! I thought I worked too much. What the hell do you do? You work third shift too, right!?!

Yeah it sucks, I'm salary as well so forget the overtime. I'm a supervisor at a company that makes mirrors for cars.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. Im exempt from OT, it sucks. So you have to listen to guys bitch about stuff constantly while you're not getting OT too don't you?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. Im exempt from OT, it sucks. So you have to listen to guys bitch about stuff constantly while you're not getting OT too don't you?

Yeah but they have reason too its kindve bullshit but it is what it is, most of the bitching i get is from upper management during meetings.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they have reason too its kindve bullshit but it is what it is, most of the bitching i get is from upper management during meetings.

I worked for salary in the Military and they drove me into the ground with 60-80 a hour work week.....I always laughed and said if they had to pay me hourly I would be rich....

I work hourly now and love it.......They can no longer abuse me with politics......They need someone to do something they call me and I'm on the clock......I love it......I dare them to take me over 40 hrs a week and they shake in there boots......Lmao.....Can't have that power when your on salary.:laugh3:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked for salary in the Military and they drove me into the ground with 60-80 a hour work week.....I always laughed and said if they had to pay me hourly I would be rich....

I work hourly now and love it.......They can no longer abuse me with politics......They need someone to do something they call me and I'm on the clock......I love it......I dare them to take me over 40 hrs a week and they shake in there boots......Lmao.....Can't have that power when your on salary.:laugh3:
All true, though I knew the deal when I took this job and am paid well for my 60-80 hr weeks.

I feel for guys who work long hours for crappy pay.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My company doesnt seem overly concerned about giving out overtime, all of the hourly workers there work 56 hr weeks and never get a day off, you would think the company could find part time help on the weekends as it would save them a ton of money and also prevent good employees from burn out or quitting. Most hourly jobs there anyone can do so its not for lack of talent.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can't complain about my sixty hour weeks because I usually don't work Saturdays and almost never work Sundays. Did pull 90 hours this week due to getting ran off the road by some ads hole while hauling a 20000 pound drilling rig Sunday night. Luckily my boss took pity on me and let me have a half day Monday.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, I'm glad to have the job I have, I dont mind working at all. My last job was spent working at a group home with guys with developmental disabilities, big guys 6-4 230ish and it was all physical violence and property damage. I parked my car a block away and walked to the home because they would go outside and punch windshields in. There wasnt a day that went by where we werent punched, spit on, kicked scratched etc. lots of restraining guys for hrs on end. It sucked and I dreaded going in every day and it paid less than a gas station attendant. So, I definitely dont mind what I do now. I dont have anxiety that Im going to contact hepatitis when some guy bites me, because human bites are the fucking worst.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got called out again. When I say again I mean again tonight. Looks like this time I'll be going home after 16 hours. At least I got that 40 minutes of sleep 5 hours ago...