• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bitch About Work Thread

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all get fed up from time to time (or all the time) at work. Bosses suck, clients are assbags, and weekends are short.

So vent away!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work 8 on 7 off. Man that really sucks. I hate having a week off twice a month. The long hours for the 8 days does suck, but I damn sure enjoy my schedule.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boss is... well she's less than friendly, let's put it that way.

I'm filling in for a guy who teaches Drafting, Robotics an Hand Metals. He had some unexpected major medical issues two days before school started and, as such, I'm teaching all his classes without any sort of lesson plans or curriculum. The robotics and hand metals classes are both brand-new this year, so I'm left to plan for them on the fly.

Despite that everything is going swimmingly. Drafting is a snap to teach, and we're kicking out 5 new sets of drawings a week. The kids are responding well and I've already transitioned the second-year drafting students to AutoCad. In robotics I have zero budget, which works just fucking great (sarcasm font), but we're still doing fine with what we have. The hand metals is no prob, I'm teaching them how to cold-chisel steel.

The problem is she has zero idea what any of the stuff we do in the voc-ed department. She's a business person, and those programs also fall under the voc department. So she's in charge of the whole thing, but I don't think she can tell a t-square from a welder.

One would think (or at least I would think) that she'd be happy that I'm able to teach the classes for the semester on a day's notice with zero support at all. But no, she just likes to stop in and bitch about the smallest of problems.

Effin' a man... effin' a...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love my job, as long as people can send email I am left alone. I never have to talk to end users either, that is my favorite part.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when I finally crack and kick the shit out of one if these cheap ass multi-millionaire bastards.

:boom:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the middle man of a shit sandwich! I get shit from my employees and shit from my boss! I am not high enough on the totem pole for anyone to give two shits about.

My employees work a better schedule than I get, I see my family less and less, 6 on 2 off until the rotation gives me two three days every 6th week.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest complaint are hardcore shoppers. When rates were 2.5% they STILL shopped and waited for lower rates. Now that rates are back up to 4.5% - 5.5% these idiots want to know why. Greed, it's a son of a bitch.

It also sucks big time when a long time shopper finally commits then you realize in the first minute of reviewing their application/credit report that they never qualified in the first place.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're you the guy that plowed under his cornfield to build a baseball diamond? We got word of that back here. Folks thought it was a crazy idea.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're you the guy that plowed under his cornfield to build a baseball diamond? We got word of that back here. Folks thought it was a crazy idea.

They closed that down the year I moved here I think. They played once or twice a week there. Other day I saw Inge choking on a hot dog. Raburn saved him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work 8 on 7 off. Man that really sucks. I hate having a week off twice a month. The long hours for the 8 days does suck, but I damn sure enjoy my schedule.

Spoke to soon. FOrced to go back day early. Move a couple machines. Work about 4 hours get automatic 11 OT and extra day per diem. Damnit I just really hate my job.

Just hit me. I will be in my room for kickoff now and getting paid to watch football. It sucks to be union!!!:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Ol' Raburn, and his umbrella collection...... I just ran more than I have in years. A little heifer calf had a mind to take a dip in one of the Olympic sized swimming pools of poop. I put a stop to that. But now I've got sawdust/poop sweat in my eyes and I lost my sunglasses. It's a good thing I've got a day off coming in October or I might stress out about it.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked 4 10's so I could have a 3 day weekend. That went to shit. Worked my 4 10's and then another 10 today which will will be followed by another 10 tomorrow.

3 day weekends, that are one day, blow...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Ol' Raburn, and his umbrella collection...... I just ran more than I have in years. A little heifer calf had a mind to take a dip in one of the Olympic sized swimming pools of poop. I put a stop to that. But now I've got sawdust/poop sweat in my eyes and I lost my sunglasses. It's a good thing I've got a day off coming in October or I might stress out about it.

Much respect for the farmer/ rancher guy. Buddy from work has about 80 head and has a ranch hand for his work days. That bastard is always busy!! SO I take it you have went elbow deep then?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked less this week than any other week since the second week in July. I worked 58 hours. I might go in for a few tomorrow. I've worked less than 10 hours maybe about once in the past six months. The heat index has been over 100 for the majority of the past 4 months. I work outside, in the sun, with idiots.