• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bitch About Work Thread

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A man I respect a lot once told me, "Find a job that you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life" I know it's not anything you guys havn't heard before but it's the truth.......

Keep up the good fight......I Hate watching sup-par Lions football way more then my job.....:suds:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A man I respect a lot once told me, "Find a job that you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life" I know it's not anything you guys havn't heard before but it's the truth.......

Keep up the good fight......I Hate watching sup-par Lions football way more then my job.....:suds:

That's the truth. Having said that, I've worked at my current job for 14 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse. You could be the guy who works at Whirleyball.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse. You could be the guy who works at Whirleyball.
I've been wondering how much the rake in there. The conditions didn't look optimal, but then again, it's just people driving bumper cars and shooting a wiffle ball into a circle...and then drinking beers between games. What kind of luxuries do they need to provide?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sick of women sticking the bills in my ass crack instead of my underwear and no you cant do lines of coke off of me, god.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when i say women i mean men.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting old going to the simulcast place. Sitting at the bar, waiting for happy hour, bullshitting with the other people with a gambling problem.

Luckily I won $342 at the bowling alley last Thursday. Gave me a chance to take a couple days off.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering how much the rake in there.

The dude got a nice tip, played a round with us and could have had a drink or two. That's my type of job right there. I would much rather deal with laughing drunks having a great time than sober, pompous ass cheap mother fucking multi-millionaires. I'm getting a job application next time.

For the record that place was specific in my recommendation. Since cost savings is important for that weekend they were $40/hr cheaper and the BYOB portion saved a lot more. The place may not have been the most aesthetically pleasing but it worked well. We can play at Joe Dumars Fieldhouse next year but expect it to cost at least $25 more per person with alcohol. $50 per couple (at least)

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done making some mean dip. About twenty people at my house and Boom! Got called out for a power outage. Luckily I am working nowhere near Suh or I might get a gun pulled on me. Fuck, I still might...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only complaint is that Salespeople are the sociopaths that got kicked out of all the psych wards a few years ago. Otherwise I'm a lucky guy and I like most of my subordinates, bosses, and even the customers.

Salespeople are pathetically easy to humiliate any time they push their luck too far since most of them only get their shoes on the right feet when the coin comes up tails and they don't actually know jack shit about what we do. Any time we disagree to the point where I'll push it I'll have all the facts and judgment and they have selfish, emotional whining. Most have learned their lesson and back off early now, but we have a few new ones I still need to train thanks to a European acquisition.

I'm damned glad I locked in at 2.5%. How much lower was it going to go anyways?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I try to keep my head on a swivel at work. There's a thousand ways for people to get hurt or get themselves killed here. A couple numbskulls seem hellbent on finding each and every one of them. But a little bit ago, when I was trying to draw fluid off a calfs knee, I wasn't expecting an actual life and death situation. Numbskull high school helper kid runs in, says he needs my help. I tell him to hold on a sec. Assuming its something pointless. "Right fuckin NOW Smitty!" So I get up, pretty fast and follow him out back, on a dead sprint. Two co-workers are screaming, serious screams, one is crying, and has a handgun. Long story short, he's decided nows his time to go. Even longer story short, it wasn't. He gave up the gun after just a few minuets, but the walk got pretty long before I believed him and let him keep walking by himself. When I turned around I realized he wasn't going too far. Half of the sheriffs department, a couple state boys, his father, his **** wife and a handful of other folks weren't far behind. Crazy fucking shit man. Im glad I didn't take a lunch before I finished my medicine rounds. Thinking about asking for hazard pay when my boss's get back from Ohio. They picked a good day to check out new equipment. Wheffff.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, crazy shit on the farm, eh?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I try to keep my head on a swivel at work. There's a thousand ways for people to get hurt or get themselves killed here. A couple numbskulls seem hellbent on finding each and every one of them. But a little bit ago, when I was trying to draw fluid off a calfs knee, I wasn't expecting an actual life and death situation. Numbskull high school helper kid runs in, says he needs my help. I tell him to hold on a sec. Assuming its something pointless. "Right fuckin NOW Smitty!" So I get up, pretty fast and follow him out back, on a dead sprint. Two co-workers are screaming, serious screams, one is crying, and has a handgun. Long story short, he's decided nows his time to go. Even longer story short, it wasn't. He gave up the gun after just a few minuets, but the walk got pretty long before I believed him and let him keep walking by himself. When I turned around I realized he wasn't going too far. Half of the sheriffs department, a couple state boys, his father, his **** wife and a handful of other folks weren't far behind. Crazy fucking shit man. Im glad I didn't take a lunch before I finished my medicine rounds. Thinking about asking for hazard pay when my boss's get back from Ohio. They picked a good day to check out new equipment. Wheffff.

How come I never get any of the cool jobs?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy shit for sure. Good dude, bad time in his life.(obviously) think I'll just sit here smoking cigarettes for awhile.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy shit for sure. Good dude, bad time in his life.(obviously) think I'll just sit here smoking cigarettes for awhile.

Sounds like he needs to send his old lady packing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did several weeks ago. Chick got knocked up while he was in Iraq. Not cool.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got something to bitch about.

At work, they've got this toll-free hotline for people with a gambling problem. Now me? I don't have a gambling problem. I can gamble my ass off.

I have a winning problem. Where's the fucking toll-free number for that?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago I had an employee have a break down and was threatening to jump into the power lines. I feel ya bro, rough to deal with. Sorry you had to deal with that Smitty.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I get up, pretty fast and follow him out back, on a dead sprint.
So that's like a normal person's jog right? ;)