• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their schedule sounded a lot tougher at the beginning of the year than they did at the end of the year with LSU and in consecutive weeks @MSU, @UM, and Ohio State. But then LSU and MSU were not living up to their billings.

It was a difficult schedule even with those two not being quite asngood as initially thought. I was posting more to point out the idiocy of being happy your team's schedule is a complete home because the year before it was hard

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that really matters is having a chance to make the playoff. Washington proved last year that an easy schedule is just as good as a tough schedule for that. And obviously, being undefeated is best of all, so in a year where Wisconsin has a real chance to run the table in the B1G, I'm glad they didn't blow it in an OOC game already.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it would be awesome if the OOC schedule was split up throughout the year though.

I.e., start with an OOC game (warmup), play 3 conference games, another OOC, 3 conference games, last OOC, 3 conference games.

We would get to benchmark teams and conferences against each other so much more effectively late in the year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it would be awesome if the OOC schedule was split up throughout the year though.

I.e., start with an OOC game (warmup), play 3 conference games, another OOC, 3 conference games, last OOC, 3 conference games.

We would get to benchmark teams and conferences against each other so much more effectively late in the year.
Do you see how much shit the SEC catches for playing late OOC games? Yeah, pass.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that really matters is having a chance to make the playoff. Washington proved last year that an easy schedule is just as good as a tough schedule for that. And obviously, being undefeated is best of all, so in a year where Wisconsin has a real chance to run the table in the B1G, I'm glad they didn't blow it in an OOC game already.
weak

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see how much shit the SEC catches for playing late OOC games? Yeah, pass.
Yeah but imagine if, instead of hosting Tallahassee St. or whoever it is, they travel to East Lansing for an early-mid November game?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU didn't live up to expectations, but they were not bad opponents.

They went 8-4
L at Wisconsin (Lambeau Field) by 2 , at Auburn by 5, vs Alabama by 10, and vs Florida by 6. Only one of their Ws was within 10 points.

Exactly, they played in the superior SEC while Oklahoma plays in the trash conference of the BIG 12.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but imagine if, instead of hosting Tallahassee St. or whoever it is, they travel to East Lansing for an early-mid November game?
Except they wouldn't be eliminating the game. It will still be played.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You inferred that Wisconsin deserved an easy schedule because of a hard schedule the year before. You have also mentioned many times before Wisconsin's brutal schedule last year. Sounds a lot like whining.

As for the bolded, I would like you to find a source that actually agrees with your biased opinion.

2016 College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings - Dec. 2

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY

None of those rankings include when Wisconsin just played the BIG championship but don't include the Bowl game. That's why I said our schedule was superior slightly when PSU was included but not the bowl game. However if we go off the Reg season OSU's schedule was very slightly ranked ahead of Wisconsin.

That's a straw man logical fallacy. I didn't infer that Wisconsin deserved an easy schedule because of their tough schedule they had the year before. My entire point was I'd rather have the easy schedule like the Huskies did to have a better chance of making the CFP like the Huskies did and they actually lost a game. Not whining just saying I'm excited for this weak schedule but accept the challenge of the tough schedule as they're inevitable.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's awesome to have a couple turnovers and not play good football week after week and still win by a couple scores. It never helps in competitive and contested games to have played games where you play close to your potential and don't have ridiculous penalties and turnovers.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys don't mind helping out a buddy of mine and liking his facebook photo...that'd be great. Yes, he's a dentist in West Virginia, I'm not sure if that makes him a genius or a moron... whatever. His staff gets a free massage if he wins...he gets a W...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys don't mind helping out a buddy of mine and liking his facebook photo...that'd be great. Yes, he's a dentist in West Virginia, I'm not sure if that makes him a genius or a moron... whatever. His staff gets a free massage if he wins...he gets a W...

Is there much business for the 8 teeth in the state?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you liked his page, thank you.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, they played in the superior SEC while Oklahoma plays in the trash conference of the BIG 12.

One of those losses LSU had was to a team Oklahoma spanked in the Sugar bowl

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have a facebook, sorry my man

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those losses LSU had was to a team Oklahoma spanked in the Sugar bowl

Not so fast

That same Auburn team lost their QB near the end of the first half and when they were up 10-7. If they would've had their QB the entire game that would've been legitimate but without him not so much. :nono:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast

That same Auburn team lost their QB near the end of the first half and when they were up 10-7. If they would've had their QB the entire game that would've been legitimate but without him not so much. :nono:

Ya you are right. 4/10 for 35 yards when he went down. He was really lighting it up