• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll be tough, I hope we do so we can test our defense against yuor running game

Assuming the Badgers will make the CCG, either you or Penn St will make a worthy foe. I don't know if we are ready for the big stage yet, but the future's so bright...

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has a chance to be the tallest midget in the Big Ten West, in the battle for second place. So do Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Iowa.

Wisconsin wins it and finishes 12-0.
Illinois has last place wrapped up.

Nebraska's four winnable games. Nebraska at Penn State is a LOSS.

3-4 Purdue has beaten Ohio, Missouri, and Minnesota
4-3 Northwestern has beaten Nevada, Bowling Green, Maryland, and Iowa
4-3 Minnesota has beaten Buffalo, Oregon State, Middle Tennessee, and Illinois
4-3 Iowa has beaten Wyoming, Iowa State, North Texas, and Illinois

Records of the teams they have beaten
Ohio 6-2
Iowa State 5-2
North Texas 4-3
Wyoming 4-3
Maryland 3-4
Buffalo 3-5
Middle Tennessee 3-5
Illinois 2-5
Missouri 2-5
Oregon State 1-6
Bowling Green 1-7
Nevada 1-7

Purdue has beaten two teams with a winning record, Ohio and Minnesota.
Northwestern has only beaten one team with a winning record, and that is Iowa.
Minnesota has not beaten any team with a winning record.
Iowa has beaten three teams with a winning record, Wyoming, Iowa State, and North Texas.

When Nebraska played lower echelon teams, their overall ratings improved. Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Iowa are all lower echelon teams and so is Nebraska.

Purdue only plays lower echelon teams from here on out.
Minnesota still has to play Michigan and Wisconsin.
Northwestern still has to play Michigan State.
Iowa still has to play Ohio State and Wisconsin.
Purdue has the easiest schedule from here on out.

Total Offense Rankings of next five opponents in season order
80. Nebraska
79. at Purdue
74. Northwestern
105. at Minnesota
27. at Penn State
103. Iowa

Total Defense Rankings of next five opponents in season order
76. Nebraska
75. at Purdue
58. Northwestern
26. at Minnesota
9. at Penn State
69. Iowa

Total Defense Rankings of Nebraska's losses and probable future losses, Watch out for Minnesota it looks like
6. Wisconsin
7. Northern Illinois
9. at Penn State
16. Ohio State
44. Oregon

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin above Ohio St is ignant, iowajerms

Ohio St. lost to a team at home by 14 points. That team has lost to a below average team and nearly lost to two scrub teams. Ohio St's best wins have been Nebraska (3-4) in conference and Army out of conference.

So, at least you have a moral victory vs a highly overrated team that you lost by 14 points to. :shrug:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St. lost to a team at home by 14 points. That team has lost to a below average team and nearly lost to two scrub teams. Ohio St's best wins have been Nebraska (3-4) in conference and Army out of conference.

So, at least you have a moral victory vs a highly overrated team that you lost by 14 points to. :shrug:
I watch football games with my two eyes. Power rankings are based on what team looks the best, not as much on resume. I can see why people may have wisky ranked higher though, so no big deal.

Maybe we will get to settle it in indy

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch football games with my two eyes. Power rankings are based on what team looks the best, not as much on resume. I can see why people may have wisky ranked higher though, so no big deal.

Maybe we will get to settle it in indy

Then if you watched with your own two eyes you would've seen what I saw in the ass beating at home to a good not great team. Running up the score a little more on scrubs is irrelevant if you can't beat good teams. That's just how the cookie crumbles buddy.

You have to get through Pedo U before we will even give you the opportunity to face our undefeated team.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is Wisconsin's schedule

Wisconsin BEAT

4-4 Utah State
4-3 Florida Atlantic
1-7 BYU
4-3 Northwestern
3-4 Nebraska
3-4 Purdue
3-4 Maryland

Totals 22 wins, 29 losses

Total Offenses
17. Florida Atlantic
63. Utah State
74. Northwestern
79. Purdue
80. Nebraska
115. Maryland
127. BYU

Future Opponents

94. Indiana
T 98. Michigan
103. Iowa
105. Minnesota
118. Illinois

Total Defenses
46. Northwestern
50. Purdue
71. Nebraska
72. BYU
74. Utah State
96. Florida Atlantic
105. Maryland

Future Opponents

5. Michigan
22. Minnesota
29. Indiana
60. Iowa
82. Illinois

Everyone knows Wisconsin has one of the easiest schedules this year. Which makes up for Wisconsin's 2016 schedule.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Wisconsin's schedule

Wisconsin BEAT

4-4 Utah State
4-3 Florida Atlantic
1-7 BYU
4-3 Northwestern
3-4 Nebraska
3-4 Purdue
3-4 Maryland

Totals 22 wins, 29 losses

Total Offenses
17. Florida Atlantic
63. Utah State
74. Northwestern
79. Purdue
80. Nebraska
115. Maryland
127. BYU

Future Opponents

94. Indiana
T 98. Michigan
103. Iowa
105. Minnesota
118. Illinois

Total Defenses
46. Northwestern
50. Purdue
71. Nebraska
72. BYU
74. Utah State
96. Florida Atlantic
105. Maryland

Future Opponents

5. Michigan
22. Minnesota
29. Indiana
60. Iowa
82. Illinois

Everyone knows Wisconsin has one of the easiest schedules this year. Which makes up for Wisconsin's 2016 schedule.

I couldn't be happier with the weak schedule after the brutal schedule that we had with a freshmen at QB for the toughest parts of that schedule (reason why we lost 2 games). The Huskies have the template to make the CFP. Play a garbage schedule in and out of conference and you're in. Hell they even lost one game and still made the CFP so if the Badgers win out they're a lock. I don't think they'll get in with one loss though even if it's to Michigan and they win the BIG CG. The whole system is screwed up anyways. The winners of all five college football conferences should get in and then the two highest ranked teams after the 5 winners should be in a single playoff to make it as one of the six teams. That would more fair than 10 random people with Bias. That's how you end up with OSU making it over PSU despite PSU recently beating OSU in the head to head and winning the conference championship and their own division. After that happened the entire 4 game BS should've been scrapped. I knew it was garbage from the start.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then if you watched with your own two eyes you would've seen what I saw in the ass beating at home to a good not great team. Running up the score a little more on scrubs is irrelevant if you can't beat good teams. That's just how the cookie crumbles buddy.

You have to get through Pedo U before we will even give you the opportunity to face our undefeated team.
I'm not your buddy, pal

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't be happier with the weak schedule after the brutal schedule that we had with a freshmen at QB for the toughest parts of that schedule (reason why we lost 2 games). The Huskies have the template to make the CFP. Play a garbage schedule in and out of conference and you're in. Hell they even lost one game and still made the CFP so if the Badgers win out they're a lock. I don't think they'll get in with one loss though even if it's to Michigan and they win the BIG CG. The whole system is screwed up anyways. The winners of all five college football conferences should get in and then the two highest ranked teams after the 5 winners should be in a single playoff to make it as one of the six teams. That would more fair than 10 random people with Bias. That's how you end up with OSU making it over PSU despite PSU recently beating OSU in the head to head and winning the conference championship and their own division. After that happened the entire 4 game BS should've been scrapped. I knew it was garbage from the start.

Ohio State's schedule was harder than Wisconsin's last year. Quit whining.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exclusive Live Look at Iowa's season:

springfield-tire-fire.png

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State's schedule was harder than Wisconsin's last year. Quit whining.

I said I was happy with our schedule and not whining. Reading comprehension is not your friend.

Your schedule was slightly inferior to ours. Yes we played the same teams in PSU, Michigan, MSU, Northwestern, Nebraska and each other which was virtually a tie. Yes you did have a two loss Oklahoma team in the pathetic BIG 12 and we had a we had the 4 loss LSU team (lost to Badgers, Auburn, Bama, and Florida). However we played two teams in a 4 loss Minnesota team(beat WSU in their bowl) and Iowa (beat Michigan late in the season) and one terrible team in Illinois (lol at Lovie Smith) . Your 3 other BIG teams was Rutgers with no BIG wins and the worst team of all P5 teams a 7 loss Indiana team and 7 loss Maryland team.

Now if we don't include PSU in that schedule then I would give the slight edge to OSU.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I was happy with our schedule and not whining. Reading comprehension is not your friend.

Your schedule was slightly inferior to ours. Yes we played the same teams in PSU, Michigan, MSU, Northwestern, Nebraska and each other which was virtually a tie. Yes you did have a two loss Oklahoma team in the pathetic BIG 12 and we had a we had the 4 loss LSU team (lost to Badgers, Auburn, Bama, and Florida). However we played two teams in a 4 loss Minnesota team(beat WSU in their bowl) and Iowa (beat Michigan late in the season) and one terrible team in Illinois (lol at Lovie Smith) . Your 3 other BIG teams was Rutgers with no BIG wins and the worst team of all P5 teams a 7 loss Indiana team and 7 loss Maryland team.

Now if we don't include PSU in that schedule then I would give the slight edge to OSU.

You inferred that Wisconsin deserved an easy schedule because of a hard schedule the year before. You have also mentioned many times before Wisconsin's brutal schedule last year. Sounds a lot like whining.

As for the bolded, I would like you to find a source that actually agrees with your biased opinion.

2016 College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings - Dec. 2

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You inferred that Wisconsin deserved an easy schedule because of a hard schedule the year before. You have also mentioned many times before Wisconsin's brutal schedule last year. Sounds a lot like whining.

As for the bolded, I would like you to find a source that actually agrees with your biased opinion.

2016 College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings - Dec. 2

NCAA College Football Strength of Schedule Rankings & Ratings

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY
Their schedule sounded a lot tougher at the beginning of the year than they did at the end of the year with LSU and in consecutive weeks @MSU, @UM, and Ohio State. But then LSU and MSU were not living up to their billings.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their schedule sounded a lot tougher at the beginning of the year than they did at the end of the year with LSU and in consecutive weeks @MSU, @UM, and Ohio State. But then LSU and MSU were not living up to their billings.

LSU didn't live up to expectations, but they were not bad opponents.

They went 8-4
L at Wisconsin (Lambeau Field) by 2 , at Auburn by 5, vs Alabama by 10, and vs Florida by 6. Only one of their Ws was within 10 points.