• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spot on my friend. This is why he threw three int's vs Michigan. Put Houston in that game and Wisconsin wins that game and the OSU game as well. I guess we're stuck with this immobile noodle arm for the rest of the season.

You want to put Doan in? The guy who has thrown 1 pass in his career? Replace the qb of an undefeated team with an unknown quantity?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to put Doan in? The guy who has thrown 1 pass in his career? Replace the qb of an undefeated team with an unknown quantity?

PC put in Hornibrook with an undefeated team and he was a freshman with 0 passes in his career. Houston wasn't even struggling in comparison to Hornibrook's struggles at this time. I'm not saying start him, I'm saying when Hornibrook struggles ( and he will) give the talented kid a chance. It will allow them to see if he's already better or not right away and at the very least make Hornibrook he can't keep making the same mistakes or he will be benched for good. Competition brings out the best in everyone my friend.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC put in Hornibrook with an undefeated team and he was a freshman with 0 passes in his career. Houston wasn't even struggling in comparison to Hornibrook's struggles at this time. I'm not saying start him, I'm saying when Hornibrook struggles ( and he will) give the talented kid a chance. It will allow them to see if he's already better or not right away and at the very least make Hornibrook he can't keep making the same mistakes or he will be benched for good. Competition brings out the best in everyone my friend.

I went and looked at Hornibrook's stats for last year and this year. The kid has made massive strides across the board, Does he have a rifle arm? No. But his decision making is light years ahead of last year.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went and looked at Hornibrook's stats for last year and this year. The kid has made massive strides across the board, Does he have a rifle arm? No. But his decision making is light years ahead of last year.

1.) He's yet to face a tough defense which is why his stats look better now.

2.) His decision making is still bad as we seen with the interceptions this year.

3.) Sure he's improved after a season under his belt but he's not where he needs to be and has struggled mightly vs bad teams.

If he has a bad performance vs a solid top 20 team we have no chance of winning. All I'm asking for is for PC to treat Hornibrook like he did with 5th year senior Houston last year. Bench him if he struggles and give the kid a chance. After that you go by which QB is playing better.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2.) His decision making is still bad as we seen with the interceptions this year.

3.) Sure he's improved after a season under his belt but he's not where he needs to be and has struggled mightly vs bad teams.

If he has a bad performance vs a solid top 20 team we have no chance of winning. All I'm asking for is for PC to treat Hornibrook like he did with 5th year senior Houston last year. Bench him if he struggles and give the kid a chance. After that you go by which QB is playing better.

We just have to agree to disagree. Six games into a season is not the time to experiment with qbs. Maybe all we have played are weak teams. Consider it extended training camp.

I am a fan of there is only one starting qb. You don't yank a guy because of a couple mistakes. Confidence is hard to build once it is shattered.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit. Fucking Dantonio is play LJ scott tomorrow. Going to the Saban school of never punishing a player for anything. This is a bad look for a program whose lockerroom lost complete control last year and shows that there is no accountability for ones actions including getting CAUGHT breaking the law SEVEN FUCKING TIME. Weak shit.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit. Fucking Dantonio is play LJ scott tomorrow. Going to the Saban school of never punishing a player for anything. This is a bad look for a program whose lockerroom lost complete control last year and shows that there is no accountability for ones actions including getting CAUGHT breaking the law SEVEN FUCKING TIME. Weak shit.
Hey.

If Chris L. Rucker can get out of jail in time to catch a flight to the Eastern Iowa Airport to play on a Saturday, there's no way LJ Scott would miss time because of some measly 7 time driving while suspended...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey.

If Chris L. Rucker can get out of jail in time to catch a flight to the Eastern Iowa Airport to play on a Saturday, there's no way LJ Scott would miss time because of some measly 7 time driving while suspended...
Rucker at least missed a game. The team was not coming off of the worst season in 20 years and being a completely wild, destroyed locker room. Rucker was a dumbass for trying to drive his car 40 yards 3 years after participating in a brawl. And let's face it, we might have been better off leaving him in EL based on how we got bombed that weekend.

LJ Scott has had 7 violations in a year and a half and has been given FOUR passes by the police already. A message needed to be sent into that locker room and one was, the wrong one. Don't worry guys I will keep you on the field as long as I can. I didn't agree with how long he kept the accused räpists and I definitely don't agree with this fuckery.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This scenario never works. You end up ruining both kids confidence and making them constantly afraid to make a mistake

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suspended him for two games at least, pending what is going on with the courts. Four of the charges were dropped, but fuck man, are the cops hanging out outside your house. You won the Big Ten championship game single handedly, find someone to drive you. Anything less than a one game suspension by Dantonio is a travesty on his part. Get the lock room right.

Dayum..... must be nice to be a football star with friends in high places.... the matter is already legally resolved, and LJ Scott now holds a brand new, free of restrictions, valid drivers license. Holy crap, that was friggin' quick!

MSU RB Scott fixes license issue, to play vs. IU

LJ be sayin':

its-good-to-be-the-king.jpg

Dantonio's punishment was not detailed yet, but supposedly there will be punishment? Per the article, Scott's status for the game vs Indiana tomorrow will be affected.... Hopefully it won't be just holding LJ out of the first couple Sparty offensive series'.....at the very least, Scott should sit on the bench for the entire first half, IMO.

We shall see.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dayum..... must be nice to be a football star with friends in high places.... the matter is already legally resolved, and LJ Scott now holds a brand new, free of restrictions, valid drivers license. Holy crap, that was friggin' quick!

MSU RB Scott fixes license issue, to play vs. IU

LJ be sayin':

its-good-to-be-the-king.jpg

Dantonio's punishment was not detailed yet, but supposedly there will be punishment? Per the article, Scott's status for the game vs Indiana tomorrow will be affected.... Hopefully it won't be just holding LJ out of the first couple Sparty offensive series'.....at the very least, Scott should sit on the bench for the entire first half, IMO.

We shall see.
Hopefully he can hold on to that license better than he can hold on to a football.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it appears once Houston knew he had the job locked up due to the Hornibrook injury he was great vs PSU and god like vs Western Michigan. I guess we will never know how good the talented freshmen is until next season at earliest I guess.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we can't trade Wisconsin and Iowa for Rutgers and Maryland. Nebraska would actually be in the mix in the West every year.

West is hot garbage

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah the 2017 homecoming curse...now i get it
We don't put up a lot of points and don't give up a lot of points. It's an ugly grinding offense but apparently it works.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 8

1. Penn State (7-0, 4-0) - Last Week: 1 - I now look at the Iowa game and think "How did Iowa have such a close game and how did they score 19 points when Iowa's offense couldn't do anything?" Iowa is the only team to score more than 14 points and the only one to hold them under 31. And the Iowa game still doesn't hurt PSU's image. Offense is Barkley, but the defense is a team playing well together.

2. Wisconsin (7-0, 4-0)- Last Week: 3 - Jonathon Taylor has put himself in a B1G RB race with Barkley and is only a freshman. Only Northwestern has allowed more than 17 points, which happened in a rally, and Wisconsin scored over 30 points for the 6th time. With PSU dominating Michigan by 29 points and giving the Wolverines their 2nd loss, there is a chance that Wisconsin has 0 ranked opponents during the regular season in the final poll, maybe even on game-day.

3. Ohio State (6-1, 4-0) - Last Week: 2 - With the Badgers being undefeated and having impressive final scores, I bumped them above the Buckeyes, who have been red-hot since their loss to Oklahoma. Ohio State has outscored their opponents 266-56. They have a big test next week when Penn State comes to Columbus.

4. Michigan State (6-1, 2-0) - Last Week: 4 - The Spartans are showing that it doesn't have to be pretty as long as your get the W. Get enough ugly Ws, the Ws start to look impressive. A lot of teams don't look good because a few plays throughout the season doesn't go their way in some of their games. MSU had one game like that so far, but they got the right bounces in the other games. That is not luck, that is preparation and leadership.

5. Michigan (5-2, 2-2)- Last Week: 5 - Usually, I drop a team after they get beat by 29 points, but the gap between #5 and #6 was that big. With two losses now, that gap has shrunk considerably. Even though they just gave up 42 points, their defense is still one of the best Ds in the conference. Their offense could cost them another game or two.

6. Northwestern (4-3, 2-2)- Last Week: 8 - Many on BTN had the Wildcats being the dark horses to win the B1G West. That is definitely not happening. However, they nearly had an incredible comeback on Wisconsin, got trounced by Penn State, and have won their last two games. Even though their game vs Iowa wasn't the prettiest win, they still won. If they can get the offense going next week, they could possibly upset MSU.

7. Iowa (4-3, 1-3) - Last Week: 6 - Like I said with MSU, a few plays could make a difference in how a team looks. A play or two in each loss and Iowa is undefeated where a play or two in each win and ISU only has a different record. But Iowa didn't get those plays and have lost 3 of their last 4 games with only beating Illinois.

8. Nebraska (3-4, 2-2) - Last Week: 9 - The Huskers didn't look bad this week, as most teams did on the bottom half of the B1G. They had a bye week. With Purdue losing to Rutgers, Nebraska rises a spot. They beat Rutgers and Illinois but got dominated by Wisconsin and Ohio State. They don't have any good wins or bad losses, but haven't been competitive in any of their losses.

9. Maryland (3-4, 1-3)
- Last Week: 10 -The four losses the Terps have came from teams that are 23-5. Take away Northwestern and you have 19-1. But they have lost 4 of their last 5 games and did have a close game with Minnesota.

10. Rutgers (3-4, 2-2) - Last Week: 13 - A few weeks ago, they looked like the worst team in the B1G, if not all of P5. Now, they are on a 2-game winning streak. Beating Illinois might mean nothing, but beating Purdue is more impressive.

11. Purdue (3-4, 1-3)- Last Week: 7 -The Boilermakers were being forgiven losing to Michigan and Wisconsin, but not Rutgers. Their only B1G win was to Minnesota. However, they still have played Michigan and Wisconsin better than expected.

12. Indiana (3-4, 0-4) - Last Week: 11 - After hanging with Ohio State for three quarters and beating Virginia by 17 (which does look more impressive now), the Hoosiers are just not winning. But their 4 losses are to Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State. It is hard to tell how good or bad they are.

13. Minnesota (4-3, 1-3)
- Last Week: 12 - The Gophers breaks a 3-game skid with an 8-point win against Illinois. All of their wins are against teams with losing records. Even though Purdue lost to Rutgers, they still beat Minnesota two TDs. The win vs Illinois doesn't help them at all.

14. Illinois (2-5, 0-4) - Last Week: 14 - Illinois beat Ball State by 3 and Western Kentucky by 14. Since then, they are on a 5-game losing streak to USF, Nebraska, Iowa, Rutgers, and Minnesota. Iowa cracks the top half of this list at #7.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we can't trade Wisconsin and Iowa for Rutgers and Maryland. Nebraska would actually be in the mix in the West every year.

West is hot garbage
If Wisconsin and Iowa were in the East then there shouldn't even be a CCG.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin above Ohio St is ignant, iowajerms