• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i told you what my intent was, i would have to shoot myself.

I'm just having fun with you. Personally I hope Nebraska hits a homerun with their next hire, because it will only help the conference.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just having fun with you. Personally I hope Nebraska hits a homerun with their next hire, because it will only help the conference.
Well if we are playing our cards, i was sick of seeing the same argument for 5 pages so figured i would tug the easy to tug string of a MeatChicken fan

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we are playing our cards, i was sick of seeing the same argument for 5 pages so figured i would tug the easy to tug string of a MeatChicken fan

I'm the wrong UM fan to do that with. MnB would go crazy. I called what was going to happen in 97' before the bowl games were even played.

The whole who deserved it argument is pointless. The teams never played, so no one knows what would happen. It is what it is. I'm just glad it'll never happen again with the CFB.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the wrong UM fan to do that with. MnB would go crazy. I called what was going to happen in 97' before the bowl games were even played.
well duh it eas easy to see we were the better team.
The whole who deserved it argument is pointless. The teams never played, so no one knows what would happen. It is what it is. I'm just glad it'll never happen again with the CFB.
Crystal ball > wooden plaque :D

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is quite simple -- Nebraska actually should have lost to Missouri and had a chance to lose to Colorado.

Michigan should have lost to Iowa in Ann Arbor(iowa was winning after 3 quarters) and Michigan should have lost to Washington State in the Bowl Game, because of the mysterious time clock waved as an official stop time, yet the clock then ticked.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I wanted to save my posts on why Nebraska was 1997 champion over an over-rated Michigan team

Reading that thread

Michigan fans love talking about Nebraska needing a miracle but don't mention that time clock in the bowl game

Michigan fans love talking about common opponents, Michigan played them both in Ann Arbor, Nebraska played them both on the road. Michigan fans don't mention that Michigan trailed in seven games, including the bowl game.

Michigan fans love to say how it was a gift to Tom Osborne, yet only one poll ranked Michigan #1. That same poll only ranked three of their opponents in the final rankings, only one in the Top Ten. Nebraska was ranked #2 with five of their opponents ranked in the final rankings, and two of them top ten.

Michigan fan in this thread mentions how Colorado almost beat Nebraska in Boulder. The score was 27-10 Nebraska after three quarters. Yet never mentions those seven times Michigan was actually TRAILING in games.

Links to just about all of posts in that thread

Who was the best team in 1997/Nebraska or Michigan/Discuss

http://sportshoop.la/threads/who-wa...r-michigan-discuss.205918/page-8#post-8210467

http://sportshoop.la/threads/who-wa...r-michigan-discuss.205918/page-8#post-8211809

http://sportshoop.la/threads/who-wa...r-michigan-discuss.205918/page-9#post-8211861

http://sportshoop.la/threads/who-wa...r-michigan-discuss.205918/page-9#post-8211981

http://sportshoop.la/threads/who-wa...-michigan-discuss.205918/page-11#post-9024931

There is also an 1100 character limit for posts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan should have lost to Iowa in Ann Arbor(iowa was winning after 3 quarters) and Michigan should have lost to Washington State in the Bowl Game, because of the mysterious time clock waved as an official stop time, yet the clock then ticked.

No game Michigan played in 97' was described as a miracle win. And UM didn't need to beg voters for a split and have our coach make a pity announcement before the bowl games he would be retiring. :suds:

As I said, it was a nice parting gift given to Osborne, but alas, it is 2017 and some of us still have something to play for, so let us talk about that instead. :D

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I wanted to save my posts on why Nebraska was 1997 champion over an over-rated Michigan team

Reading that thread

Michigan fans love talking about Nebraska needing a miracle but don't mention that time clock in the bowl game

Michigan fans love talking about common opponents, Michigan played them both in Ann Arbor, Nebraska played them both on the road. Michigan fans don't mention that Michigan trailed in seven games, including the bowl game.

Michigan fans love to say how it was a gift to Tom Osborne, yet only one poll ranked Michigan #1. That same poll only ranked three of their opponents in the final rankings, only one in the Top Ten. Nebraska was ranked #2 with five of their opponents ranked in the final rankings, and two of them top ten.

Michigan fan in this thread mentions how Colorado almost beat Nebraska in Boulder. The score was 27-10 Nebraska after three quarters. Yet never mentions those seven times Michigan was actually TRAILING in games.

Links to just about all of posts in that thread

There is also an 1100 character limit for posts.

I'd worry about Nebraska finding a new head coach more than what happened 20 years ago. Be happy you were given a going away present and move on.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched the end of the 97 Michigan-WSU game on Youtube. Yes, there was 1 sec left on the clock, but WSU had an offensive pass interference that wasn't called a play or two prior to the spike. He clearly pushed Woodson in the back.

3rd play of the video.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I have been convinced the Huskers were the better team.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 years ago and you are still arguing? I guess that is what team fans do when this year is in the dumpster.

Reactions: GNG

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to argue with here. Nebraska has seen better days and UM had to split the national title in 97, because they wanted to gift Tom Osborne with a going away present. :suds:

I agree, it was a very generous parting gift for Tom Osborne.

Taking it consists of your head coach announcing before the bowl games he is retiring and Scott Frost begging for votes any time they put a mic in his face?

I don't have an issue with it. Tom Osborne was a great coach, it was a very nice gift he was given as a retirement present.

It is quite simple -- Nebraska actually should have lost to Missouri and had a chance to lose to Colorado.

No game Michigan played in 97' was described as a miracle win. And UM didn't need to beg voters for a split and have our coach make a pity announcement before the bowl games he would be retiring. :suds:

As I said, it was a nice parting gift given to Osborne, but alas, it is 2017 and some of us still have something to play for, so let us talk about that instead. :D

Gee, you are right, I never should have brought it up. I respond and you switch to 2017.

OK

In 2014 Rutgers beat Michigan in New Jersey.
In 2017 Rutgers can beat Nebraska in Lincoln, Nebraska.

As has been proven by you, playing a team on the road is the same as playing one at home.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, you are right, I never should have brought it up. I respond and you switch to 2017.

OK

In 2014 Rutgers beat Michigan in New Jersey.
In 2017 Rutgers can beat Nebraska in Lincoln, Nebraska.

As has been proven by you, playing a team on the road is the same as playing one at home.

It was a Nebraska fan who brought it up, not me. And I have no clue why you are talking about games 3-4 years apart, but feel free.

Be thankful for the gift in 97' and move on. If I were a Nebraska fan, I'd be more worried about who my next head coach will be, instead of something 20 years ago.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a Nebraska fan who brought it up, not me. And I have no clue why you are talking about games 3-4 years apart, but feel free.

Be thankful for the gift in 97' and move on. If I were a Nebraska fan, I'd be more worried about who my next head coach will be, instead of something 20 years ago.
You have been proven wrong, yet you keep spouting the same one liner. I brought it up to shut you stupid ass argument that lasted 5 pages up. Do you practice arguing against drywall?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been proven wrong, yet you keep spouting the same one liner. I brought it up to shut you stupid ass argument that lasted 5 pages up. Do you practice arguing against drywall?

Who proved anything? I must have missed that?

Can we talk about this year now? I realize Nebraska fans would rather not, but it is pointless to talk about 20 years ago.

How about this? Who would you like to be Nebraska's next head coach? So at least we can talk about something current.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that wasn't a knock to NU. I think we all know at Saban's age, he isn't going anywhere else in CFB

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking a realistic option.
My opinion is that we NEED to go after a P5 coach who is proven and winning and gettin shit done. We have the money, but coaching at Nebraska is high stress should the coach falter. People keep floating Scott Frost, but he isnt exactly "proven" yet but he has the potential! I hear Chip Kelly but i honestly dont see his style of football working at Nebraska or even in the B1G. Depending on how SF does down in florida my opinion could change to be more on board but right now just not enough has been proven/tested for him plus would be good to wait til he gets his recruiting hooks down in florida :D