• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lagow to Cobbs is pretty deadly. It wouldn't have worried me so much last year, just put King on Cobb. But Iowa's DBs are inexperienced and no where near King's level.

I am somwhat more confident with Iowa vs Ohio State. I think Iowa's D can do good. I see them containing JT and the run game. Iowa's offense would be the reason Ohio State wins.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota looked impressive at first, then just stagnated. Probably the first game hype from Fleck got Minnesota fired up, then reality set in. Minnesota's schedule is pretty easy.

The Big Ten West is just Wisconsin. Everyone else is 50-50 in that division, except Illinois and Purdue. Minnesota could be an over-hyped 7-0(see Nebraska 2016) before they face Iowa.

We struggled with Buffalo. My 3-9 prediction may be optimistic. We may go 1-11 this season if we don't improve in a hurry.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a long half for Utah state

Yeah, depending on trick plays, fumbles and penalties just to tie the game isn't going to last for an entire game. Badgers not only covered the spread but might surpass the projected total points of the game. I'm still not sold on Hornytoad as our QB but at least he's accurate unlike Stave so there's that.

allup8679

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, depending on trick plays, fumbles and penalties just to tie the game isn't going to last for an entire game. Badgers not only covered the spread but might surpass the projected total points of the game. I'm still not sold on Hornytoad as our QB but at least he's accurate unlike Stave so there's that.
I miss Stave.

:kermit:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stave was the equivalent of our Beckerman. Pure comedic at times.

allup8679

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the MVP for Iowa in that last game. Dude was so bad I cringed every time he didn't hand the ball off and he some how screwed the handoffs as well.
Classic Iowa/Wisconsin physical game. Can't wait for this year.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lagow to Cobbs is pretty deadly. It wouldn't have worried me so much last year, just put King on Cobb. But Iowa's DBs are inexperienced and no where near King's level.

I am somwhat more confident with Iowa vs Ohio State. I think Iowa's D can do good. I see them containing JT and the run game. Iowa's offense would be the reason Ohio State wins.
Yeah I'm thinking the Badgers secondary better get their shit together before the trip to Bloomington too.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am giving first game jitters to Ohio State. Plus, they probably were looking ahead to Oklahoma.

Indiana's O line could not stop the pass rush, but Indiana did show how to score on Ohio State. Real quick fades. Right now, that Nebraska O line had better start figuring out what to do against Ohio State. We will see what the Nebraska O line can do against Ark State's Ja’Von Rolland-Jones.

Indiana is who we thought they were. Indiana is NOT a win for anyone. I was there last year for the Nebraska Indiana game. Indiana still has Michigan, Penn State, Mich State, and Wisconsin to play. Indiana had better beat Virginia or I don't think they will have a winning record.

I only watched the first quarter of the Minnesota game and then the final 4 minutes. I thought Minnesota would roll Buffalo as Minnesota marched up and down the field in the first quarter and their All Big Ten Kicker missed kicks(which I enjoyed seeing).

I don't think Buffalo is all that good. Fleck knows about Buffalo too since they are in the MAC. Buffalo looks like another losing season with wins against Colgate and Florida Atlantic.

Minnesota looked impressive at first, then just stagnated. Probably the first game hype from Fleck got Minnesota fired up, then reality set in. Minnesota's schedule is pretty easy.

The Big Ten West is just Wisconsin. Everyone else is 50-50 in that division, except Illinois and Purdue. Minnesota could be an over-hyped 7-0(see Nebraska 2016) before they face Iowa.
Agree with the jitters.

Kind of disagree about IU. I think they win some games this year. The key to beating them is pressuring Lagow. The guy is a turnover machine when you can get to him.

Defense adjusted in the second half and shut IU down.

Offense in the second half also adjusted.

Coaches making half time adjustments that actually work is something I will need to get used to.

JK Dobbins is the real deal. It will be fun to watch him.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm thinking the Badgers secondary better get their shit together before the trip to Bloomington too.

Badgers first string secondary looked great outside of a couple early questionable penalties. They only gave up one pass over 15 yards which turned out to be a screen pass which is really on the LB's. After the first drive the only thing Utah did in the passing game vs the UW #1's was 3 int's and 3 three and out's.

Nick Nelson combined with Tindal at CB and Dixon with Jamerson is a better secondary than last season which led all P5 schools in int's with 21. Combine that with the best front 7 in the BIG and you have a nasty defense.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, Iowa's pass rush is coming alive and the run game is strong.

and

Go Terps!

:whoo::thrasher::headbanger:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland has a couple decent QBs. That freshman QB Hill was quite impressive. That injury to Johnson did not look good. I wonder if he tore his ACL or something.

I missed what happened to the defender that was carted off. That looked like it was very serious. Hate seeing injuries like that happen.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers first string secondary looked great outside of a couple early questionable penalties. They only gave up one pass over 15 yards which turned out to be a screen pass which is really on the LB's. After the first drive the only thing Utah did in the passing game vs the UW #1's was 3 int's and 3 three and out's.

Nick Nelson combined with Tindal at CB and Dixon with Jamerson is a better secondary than last season which led all P5 schools in int's with 21. Combine that with the best front 7 in the BIG and you have a nasty defense.
Against a different team.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you mean? They play different teams every week and every year.
Badgers secondary looked fine against Utah State, but Indiana has a much better passing game. I think Dixon is the only guy we've got that can cover any of their top 3 receivers.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers secondary looked fine against Utah State, but Indiana has a much better passing game. I think Dixon is the only guy we've got that can cover any of their top 3 receivers.

Nick Nelson and Tindal can lock down their guys all day long. After that IDK about our backups.

With the secondary guru Leonhard, and talented DB's I think we should do just fine against that offensive juggernaut in Indiana :dhd: