• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears just released their all time leading passer.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your thing with backups and creating competition at a position where you already know who the starter is? No one was challenging Cutler for the job in 09 after that trade, and Denver wanted a veteran QB in compensation. Or else they would not have had a damn QB. What do you want dude?

In this case, right now, does Mike Glennon deserve to be named the starter? He has no knowledge of this offense, shown nothing, but he is right in the starter spot. You are a big fan of Connor Shaw, I know that at least. Are you going to be upset if Shaw gets a real shot to win the job? Mad if we waste 19 million on Glennon if Shaw wins the job or accept that the better performer won? Hell, I will see it as a 19 million dollar investment in driving Connor Shaw. Does this mindset work at the other positions? We are naming Kevin White and Cam Merideth starters at receiver, Tracey Porter at CB, no competition? Last year they allowed Howard to compete and perform, and look where that got us.

I dont want to say Mike Glennon is Jay Cutler, you know I understood that cutler was mentally weak and could not handle competition. He needed to be seen as the only option and so many bought into it. Where did that get this team? Hindsight and all being 20/20. How does that keep backups preparing for each game while their job is running a scout team?

Franchise quarterback, that term works for a half dozen teams that are in the division rounds, the rest failed miserably.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the patience while I get up to speed. I don't know if the bears were capable of pushing cutler with a quality #2 with the money tied up in the defense. Not drafting a kid to develop behind #6 may have been a mistake but with the musical chairs at oc what would a rookie have learned? It feels like a botched opportunity to me and I hope the bears draft provides clarity on these off season moves.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, coach killer, or Gase being interviewed for the HC job, then pushed aside for Fox and leaving are two differnt ways to look at it. I am not sure Loggains is the right guy for the job yet, but at least he seems like a guy that might not bolt right away, and that might give the next quarterback group some stability.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was waiting for Joey to make it his avatar.