• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears just released their all time leading passer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orton was 9-6, threw for almost 3000 yards, 18 td to 12 picks while Forte ran for 1250 and caught 500.

Isnt it amazing that Cutler blew up the QB records, but Johnny Morris is still the career leader in receiving?

Again... what are you talking about? Cutler had multiple better seasons than Orton in 2008, in both numbers and record. Marshall shattered every single season Bears receiving record as well with Cutler.

You. Say. Absurd. Shit.

Stop. Saying. Absurd. Shit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a forum where most of the anal retentive posters that were here always wanted stats or facts to back up your point, so its kind of a habit. So its a quick search on pro football reference or somewhere to show that Orton was not all that bad. But you bring up the point that yeah, Denver broke up that band for some reason. We also realize that denver wente to 7 playoff after trading #6, won three of them before the last Manning run, so its hard to say they made a bad decision. Thats a total of 10 playoff games since dumping him.

You are also playing poke the bear for fans who have thought that Cutler was given damn near a decade and won us one playoff game and the team can finally move on. Joey is saving his posts to tell us that cutler would have completed that pass, or not thrown that pick, or come back in the fourth quarter and arent you happy we signed this guy for the money Jay would have been paid,

No one said Orton was bad, dingus.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because that's what they did.

It took two season ending injuries to force Barkley into action.

What are you talking about?
My point is, if Sanchez makes the squad, there's a very good chance we see him play. I hope that is a big if.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is, if Sanchez makes the squad, there's a very good chance we see him play. I hope that is a big if.

What?... just... what?

The odds are against your practice squad/3rd string QB playing meaningful snaps, at any point. Much less "very good".

Also, where do you get this idea that Mark Sanchez is somehow the world's worst QB? He is head and shoulders better than Barkley, and is 37-35 as a career starter. With multiple playoff victories.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?... just... what?

The odds are against your practice squad/3rd string QB playing meaningful snaps, at any point. Much less "very good".

Also, where do you get this idea that Mark Sanchez is somehow the world's worst QB? He is head and shoulders better than Barkley, and is 37-35 as a career starter. With multiple playoff victories.
He's 2nd string right now though. And Sanchez IS Barkley.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 2nd string right now though. And Sanchez IS Barkley.

He is, at best tied with Shaw for 2nd string.

Even if that was the case... the odds are still against your backup seeing a start. So, you still sound very silly for getting all worked up over bringing in a vet QB for the league minimum, only to COMPETE for a spot on the roster.

Sanchez IS Barkley? How... just how? What the fuck are you talking about? Their two careers are nothing alike.

Go take a nap or something, holy shit.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is, at best tied with Shaw for 2nd string.

Even if that was the case... the odds are still against your backup seeing a start. So, you still sound very silly for getting all worked up over bringing in a vet QB for the league minimum, only to COMPETE for a spot on the roster.

Sanchez IS Barkley? How... just how? What the fuck are you talking about? Their two careers are nothing alike.

Go take a nap or something, holy shit.
You're clearly a homer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clearly a homer.

As I expected, absolutely zero response. Because you have nothing.

LMAO, I am a homer because I am not in a panic over bringing in a guy to be IN COMPETITION for our backup job. On a vet minimum contract. Who has a 4-2 career record in the playoffs, with 9 TD's 3 INT's, 60% CMP and a 94 QB Rating in those games. Is 37-35 as a career starter and went 4-4 in his last stint as a starter in Philly. With an 88 QB rating and 14 TD's to 11 INT's.

I am a "homer" because I don't think this is some mind boggling signing?

You sound like such a stupid jerk-off right now. Holy shit. You need a timeout. "He IS Matt Barkley"... Matt Barkley is 1-5 in 6 career starts, with 8 TD's to 18 INT's and a 63 QB rating. How do the two careers even compare? Experience alone, they're polar opposites.

"OH MEEE GOSH! HE HAD A BUTT FUMBLE!"

Bahahaha... Hilarious. Typical mouth breathing football fan.

We stink, you dope. No shit. Mark Sanchez has NOTHING to do with my opinion of this football team, because he likely will never play a single down for us.

You being upset over bringing in a veteran backup, because you saw him once on a blooper reel... HA!

Get a fucking clue dude. Wow. What a stunning display of stupidity.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I expected, absolutely zero response. Because you have nothing.

LMAO, I am a homer because I am not in a panic over bringing in a guy to be IN COMPETITION for our backup job. On a vet minimum contract. Who has a 4-2 career record in the playoffs, with 9 TD's 3 INT's, 60% CMP and a 94 QB Rating in those games. Is 37-35 as a career starter and went 4-4 in his last stint as a starter in Philly. With an 88 QB rating and 14 TD's to 11 INT's.

I am a "homer" because I don't think this is some mind boggling signing?

You sound like such a stupid jerk-off right now. Holy shit. You need a timeout. "He IS Matt Barkley"... Matt Barkley is 1-5 in 6 career starts, with 8 TD's to 18 INT's and a 63 QB rating. How do the two careers even compare? Experience alone, they're polar opposites.

"OH MEEE GOSH! HE HAD A BUTT FUMBLE!"

Bahahaha... Hilarious. Typical mouth breathing football fan.

We stink, you dope. No shit. Mark Sanchez has NOTHING to do with my opinion of this football team, because he likely will never play a single down for us.

You being upset over bringing in a veteran backup, because you saw him once on a blooper reel... HA!

Get a fucking clue dude. Wow. What a stunning display of stupidity.
Who said I was upset? You seem to be the one getting upset.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said I was upset? You seem to be the one getting upset.
Until you realize Jay Cutler is awesome, it'll stay that way.
Well, one unfortunately no longer has a job. Hasnt played a full season since 09 and hasn't had a winning record in 5 years.

Yet Jay has a better career win %, has reached an NFCCG and has nearly identical numbers to Stafford... huh... funny.

Lol, having a job also remains to be seen. Can we please just skip the part where I nitpick things about Stafford's career as well? There's plenty of shortcomings.

We can go back and forth about what each has not accomplished... which only proves my point.

The other one may be the highest paid player in NFL history soon.

Jay was once given a 126 million dollar contract as well... see how little that means?

I'm not the worlds biggest Staff fan, but their careers are clearly heading in opposite directions.

Both Stafford and Jay have been headed down the same road of mediocre to slightly above average their entire careers. Stafford is exactly where Cutler was a couple of years ago. There's very little reason to believe he'll ever become anything more than that.

Cutlers two best seasons were as a Bronco.

Blatantly false. 10, 11 pre-injury, 13 and 15 were better than Denver. At the very least, as good.

I'm not the worlds biggest Staff fan, but their careers are clearly heading in opposite directions.

As mentioned above... they're actually headed in the EXACT same direction. Their careers are so similar, that it is eerie.
you recently start huffing paint?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said Orton was bad, dingus.

I find the concept of watching kyle orton Chicago style football, the 11 for 17 for 105 yards passing as something i'm not interested in watching but, for those of you that long for that style football congratulations.

/\ /\ /\ /\

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seasons as a chicago bears fan when the most meaningful stat the number crunchers could come up with to give us hope were stats like our defense held opposing teams to 17 pts or less in 10 games last season, or or 10 of our 13 losses were by 1 score or less! Are any of those stats more or less meaningful than a qb W/L column? Not like we're comparing pitchers here. I'm less sick of Cutler than I am of all the hate the media stirs up every season and changing names on the jersey only does that. Consider the Bears incompetence and gaping holes at so many positions and try to believe, but replacing a starting qb with multiple backups FOR STARTER MONEY is only going to change the name fans are chanting hate to every sunday.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... what are you talking about? Cutler had multiple better seasons than Orton in 2008, in both numbers and record. Marshall shattered every single season Bears receiving record as well with Cutler.

You. Say. Absurd. Shit.

Stop. Saying. Absurd. Shit.

What are you answering, that Johnny Morris is still the career leader in receiving? What are you getting so fired up about? The comparison was Kyle Orton-like passing game period. It only took Kramer 60 games to become the career leader for the bears and we could not get a receiver to dethrone Johnny freaking Morris over Cutlers time here? Morris was being thrown the football by Billy Wade and Ed Brown? One thousand yard season was all Morris had in a 14 game season? Sure it was a different game and sure, the receiver has to be here long enough to get there, but nobody stuck around? Talk about how giddy as fuck as people like you were when Marshall showed up, until that fateful day when he actually said Jay threw a bad ball right to the defensive back.

Greg Olsen probably could have broken his record, but what exactly happened between Olsen and Kristen Cavalleri? oops, tabloid shit, right? Some franchise guy got his best weapon to leave town to keep the glory boy happy.

This is the type of quarterback you long for? Stat padding me, me, ME mentality?

Geez. all this because he did not make a team or receiver career leader great when he was here.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seasons as a chicago bears fan when the most meaningful stat the number crunchers could come up with to give us hope were stats like our defense held opposing teams to 17 pts or less in 10 games last season, or or 10 of our 13 losses were by 1 score or less! Are any of those stats more or less meaningful than a qb W/L column? Not like we're comparing pitchers here. I'm less sick of Cutler than I am of all the hate the media stirs up every season and changing names on the jersey only does that. Consider the Bears incompetence and gaping holes at so many positions and try to believe, but replacing a starting qb with multiple backups FOR STARTER MONEY is only going to change the name fans are chanting hate to every sunday.

Steve, I know you have not been around here long, but that was the basic conversation here. The hate for Cutler was based on the General Manager deciding that we are no longer going to play bear football, defense first, with the offense not giving games away. But you take a "franchise quarterback" and cannot win a close game consistently. It was always the defense allowed too many. Its only been about the past 10-12 seasons that people believe each team needs a "franchise quarterback" even though guys like Trent Dilfer and old Flacco, and Brad Johnson won superbowls.

As far as the stats, its getting as bad as baseball with WAR, and 5 new algorithms a season and more camera angles than anyone ever thought about before.

The Cutler signing and going to the west coast offense turned the page on Bears history, and the Cutler trade was the book mark for that. Was the west coast style offense the answer? Well, thats what Green Bay runs, so I guess he was right. We just did not have the right guy, or group of guys.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I said rich, we could not even keep a competent backup here when he was brought in. Don't you think two firsts and a second was enough?

What is your thing with backups and creating competition at a position where you already know who the starter is? No one was challenging Cutler for the job in 09 after that trade, and Denver wanted a veteran QB in compensation. Or else they would not have had a damn QB. What do you want dude?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a bad neck beard.

That, he did.

I actually always liked Orton, and pulled for him up until he retired.

Ugly mf'er, but a dependable enough of a QB and a great backup.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad day in Chicago. Jay Cutler, the franchise leader in almost every Quarterback stat was just granted his release.
While his critics will argue about his interceptions and quote his record as a starter, they will bemoan his body language and meme game with smokin jay and jerkface, they will comment on his contract and may even throw in a dig about his wife... but they most definitely will fail to rightfully place him in the context of BEST Bears Quarterback...ever.
Yeah..that's not saying much. I get it.
They will cheer and dance about "finally" getting rid of Jay... but they will also do the same to the next guy. It's true... they will. It won't matter who it is.

The critics will never mention the 6 offensive coordinators or 3 head coaches or the times throughout his Bears tenure when he didn't have a #1 WR or was sacked the most in one season. They will fail to mention the franchises worst run of defensive play. The back to back games when the defense gave up 50 points. They will fail to mention the multiple players that supported him and called him a leader. They will fail to understand bad routes run by inexperienced WR's and the amazing display of toughness and Jay's willingness to get back on the field quickly... he'll always be "soft" to them.

It's time to move on... but this will always be remember as a dark time in Chicago. Not because of Cutler, but because of the abuse he took. Will Chicago learn from this? It's highly doubtful... Chicago is the City of Broad Shoulders and yet only the defense is praised when it's dominating and the running back has 4 yards and a cloud of dust.

It's time to change my avatar. It's time to find my new calling...I'm sure it'll be a similar crusade of sifting through the stupid and correcting the meatballism... that never fails in Chicago.
It's a sad day in Chicago. I hope that Jay finds success on his next team...he didn't deserve this.

Welcome Mike Glennon... good luck...You're going to need it.
hes arguably the greatest chicago qb of all time. suck on that and chew on it bitches lol