• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears just released their all time leading passer.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad day in Chicago. Jay Cutler, the franchise leader in almost every Quarterback stat was just granted his release.
While his critics will argue about his interceptions and quote his record as a starter, they will bemoan his body language and meme game with smokin jay and jerkface, they will comment on his contract and may even throw in a dig about his wife... but they most definitely will fail to rightfully place him in the context of BEST Bears Quarterback...ever.
Yeah..that's not saying much. I get it.
They will cheer and dance about "finally" getting rid of Jay... but they will also do the same to the next guy. It's true... they will. It won't matter who it is.

The critics will never mention the 6 offensive coordinators or 3 head coaches or the times throughout his Bears tenure when he didn't have a #1 WR or was sacked the most in one season. They will fail to mention the franchises worst run of defensive play. The back to back games when the defense gave up 50 points. They will fail to mention the multiple players that supported him and called him a leader. They will fail to understand bad routes run by inexperienced WR's and the amazing display of toughness and Jay's willingness to get back on the field quickly... he'll always be "soft" to them.

It's time to move on... but this will always be remember as a dark time in Chicago. Not because of Cutler, but because of the abuse he took. Will Chicago learn from this? It's highly doubtful... Chicago is the City of Broad Shoulders and yet only the defense is praised when it's dominating and the running back has 4 yards and a cloud of dust.

It's time to change my avatar. It's time to find my new calling...I'm sure it'll be a similar crusade of sifting through the stupid and correcting the meatballism... that never fails in Chicago.
It's a sad day in Chicago. I hope that Jay finds success on his next team...he didn't deserve this.

Welcome Mike Glennon... good luck...You're going to need it.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Mike Glennon?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a fan of Jay, and will root for him wherever he goes. It's true that the team fell short for him a few times, but there's a point where you just can't keep pointing the finger. Jay did plenty on his end, to facilitate all of the coaching changes.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dueces Jay. It was fun and also not so fun.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dueces Jay. It was fun and also not so fun.

About sums it up.

Was extremely fun watching him go on a few extended runs of great QB play. Was fun watching him lead a few extremely clutch game-winning drives, and pull wins out of his ass.

It was also extremely "not so fun" watching snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, on many occasions. It was "not so fun" watching him throw away quite a few games against inferior opponents.

The ultimate pain, which I will never get over from Cutler's tenure. Is 2011. That team was the real deal... Him and Forte going down for the season within 3 weeks of each other. Then the Tebow loss... Those wounds do not heal, my friend. You just learn to live with them.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About sums it up.

Was extremely fun watching him go on a few extended runs of great QB play. Was fun watching him lead a few extremely clutch game-winning drives, and pull wins out of his ass.

It was also extremely "not so fun" watching snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, on many occasions. It was "not so fun" watching him throw away quite a few games against inferior opponents.

The ultimate pain, which I will never get over from Cutler's tenure. Is 2011. That team was the real deal... Him and Forte going down for the season within 3 weeks of each other. Then the Tebow loss... Those wounds do not heal, my friend. You just learn to live with them.

Yup, they were rollin'.

Him winning in the clutch against a superior opponent, then completely shitting the bed the next week against some shitty team, defines him to me. The ultimate pain to me tho, was his track record against Green Bay, going back to the embarrassing NFCCG. He just seemed to shrink in that particular spotlight.

He was great on MNF, and had some clutch games overall...he was the team MVP a couple of years. I love the kid's skillset, but there just seems to be a black cloud over him. That's the only way I can define it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, they were rollin'.

Him winning in the clutch against a superior opponent, then completely shitting the bed the next week against some shitty team, defines him to me. The ultimate pain to me tho, was his track record against Green Bay, going back to the embarrassing NFCCG. He just seemed to shrink in that particular spotlight.

He was great on MNF, and had some clutch games overall...he was the team MVP a couple of years. I love the kid's skillset, but there just seems to be a black cloud over him. That's the only way I can define it.

Yeah, it was weird.

Ever notice, that whenever you were convinced he was rolling and was going to continue rolling. Was when he shit the bed out of nowhere?

Then, whenever you thought it may finally be over for Jay? Was when he came out of nowhere and played great football?

Examples:

2010... They started 4-1, then Cutler played a couple dreadful games against inferior opponents such as Seattle and Washington. Hall intercepted him 4 times in one game, in a game we HANDED away vs the Redskins, heading into the bye. Then out of the bye, we reel off 5 in a row to get to 9-3. We win the division, and Cutler is on fire. Plays maybe his best game as a Bear in his first playoff game. Then, vs Green Bay in the NFCCG, a complete shit show and an early exit with an injury.

2011... Horrific losses to GB and Detroit weeks, to fall to 2-3. Reels off 5 in a row, right into a season ending injury.

2013 - 8-6, need to win one of two games to clinch the division. Offense on fire all year. Proceeds to lay an egg in Philly, in a 54-11 loss. He played well vs GB, but came up short.

2014/15 - Utter shit show leads to his benching in 2014, a year that we had Super Bowl aspirations. Then, in 2015, we're wondering why this guy is even starting for us. Then he proceeds to post the best QB rating of his career. Outplays Aaron Rodgers for a good portion of the season.

Finally, he gets over that hump and beats Green Bay. We actually have positivity brewing around the team for the first time in a while. Then... he proceeds to play horrifically and throws a pick six en route to losing to 2 win 49ers, to dash our playoff hopes. At home.

2016 - Starts off rather poorly, gets hurt. Talks that he'll never play for the Bears again. Hoyer injury forces him back in. Playing 5-1 Minnesota on Monday Night football. We all think it's a disaster... then he proceeds to play one of the most flawless games of his career. We route what many people thought was the best defense in football.

Next up, Tampa Bay out of the bye week... and he proceeds to go into the feedle position, shitting his pants. 4 INT's and a pick six to Chris Conte.

I'll never get his psychology man. It was like... when he was rolling, he'd get too confident and believe he could do whatever the hell he wanted. Then, he'd have to come all the way back to utter rock bottom, to be reminded to stay within himself (which was when he was at his best)... but... it was just a slow and sure rise back to that peaking point. Where we'd find him falling flat on his face... and then... rinse and repeat.

He never figured it out. He didn't have it easy here, and I think in a higher functioning organization. With better coaching, who knows? Maybe he does. However, he was just as accountable for his own failures, no doubt. Truly great QB's make it happen, no matter what. They don't need people to make excuses for them, they just win.

I'll never back down from saying that he was one of the tougher QB's I ever saw, despite public perception. That guy got f'd up, time and time again. More than people know. He always got up. Even when he got hurt, he always kept playing. If you think about it, he only ever left a game after continuing past the injury. Before he was evaluated and forced out by the medical or coaching staff.

He also cared a lot more than people believe. People are fooled by his lack of enthusiasm, but that's just not who he is. Kyle Long, Jeffery... etc... all of these guys stick up for his character and effort. I believe them, and I still am a fan of the guy.

Especially since it looks like he'll go to the AFC, I'll pull for him. Wherever he winds up. It was a hell of a ride. I'm glad to step off, finally. However, I'll never forget it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7 wins 6 losses: 20 TD's 11 INT's 90 QB rating 3200+ yards 62 CMP% vs Detroit...

Trying to fit in with the Packers fans, I see. With the whole "Jay was our best player" schtick.

Eh... you guys will figure something out eventually. Keep plugging away.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 wins 6 losses: 20 TD's 11 INT's 90 QB rating 3200+ yards 62 CMP% vs Detroit...

Trying to fit in with the Packers fans, I see. With the whole "Jay was our best player" schtick.

Eh... you guys will figure something out eventually. Keep plugging away.
He's straight fucking garbage.

If I had been born a Bear fan, I'd rip my own arms off in excitement.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are 1-7 against Detroit since 2012.

That one win, was Hoyer. Last season.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are 1-7 against Detroit since 2012.

That one win, was Hoyer. Last season.

Referee-Knocks-off-Jay-Cutlers-Helmet.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad day in Chicago. Jay Cutler, the franchise leader in almost every Quarterback stat was just granted his release.
While his critics will argue about his interceptions and quote his record as a starter, they will bemoan his body language and meme game with smokin jay and jerkface, they will comment on his contract and may even throw in a dig about his wife... but they most definitely will fail to rightfully place him in the context of BEST Bears Quarterback...ever.
They will cheer and dance about "finally" getting rid of Jay... but they will also do the same to the next guy. It's true... they will. It won't matter who it is.

The critics will never mention the 6 offensive coordinators or 3 head coaches or the times throughout his Bears tenure when he didn't have a #1 WR or was sacked the most in one season. They will fail to mention the franchises worst run of defensive play. The back to back games when the defense gave up 50 points. They will fail to mention the multiple players that supported him and called him a leader. They will fail to understand bad routes run by inexperienced WR's and the amazing display of toughness and Jay's willingness to get back on the field quickly... he'll always be "soft" to them.

It's time to move on... but this will always be remember as a dark time in Chicago. Not because of Cutler, but because of the abuse he took. Will Chicago learn from this? It's highly doubtful... Chicago is the City of Broad Shoulders and yet only the defense is praised when it's dominating and the running back has 4 yards and a cloud of dust.

It's time to change my avatar. It's time to find my new calling...I'm sure it'll be a similar crusade of sifting through the stupid and correcting the meatballism... that never fails in Chicago.
It's a sad day in Chicago. I hope that Jay finds success on his next team...he didn't deserve this.

I nominate this for the most passive agressive, bitchy post of the year.

You can love on Jay all you want, but this team is better off without him. Jay looks like a world beater on a crappy football team. When you put talent around him he looks like the weak link. That equates to good stats, but very little actual value to a team trying to win a super bowl. He just makes too many boneheaded throws.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy that was here 8 seasons, who played 102 games, (the equivalent of 6.375 seasons), broke the records that a journeyman set in 49 games. Playoff bragging rights go to Jay with one win to Kramer with 0 in one appearance.

sure hope the bar is not set too high.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JoJoJoJo...................How is it a sad day? I love it Jay is not hear anymore and not tearing our hearts out.
The guy was a buffoon......he was not/is not dependable.He could not hit a wide open wr if his life depended on it.
You guys blamed anything and everything under the sun for his actions..........And things will not change any place else.
And before you ask why.............But one of the excuses you guys had over the years was always a new o-coordinator.Well here he goes again.......So of course he will have to learn a new system.......(That's one of the most bogus excuses I think I ever heard.)
Hes a damn high paid millionaire that's been in the league for how long now and he still has to learn a new system?........Bullshit! He should already have a clue on whats going on out there.......This is why they learn the playbook and practice everyday..........Its not like he`s a rookie anymore.
And the o-line excuse,theres qbs out there with our type of line that gets their qbs sacked and they still produce.

And ps............and thanks for finally getting a new avi...........It always made me nauseated.......jk btw.:lol:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a fan of Jay, and will root for him wherever he goes. It's true that the team fell short for him a few times, but there's a point where you just can't keep pointing the finger. Jay did plenty on his end, to facilitate all of the coaching changes.

:clap:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, they were rollin'.

Agonizing...............:gaah: