• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That was an absolute travesty.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to call that pass incomplete and rob coale of the play of the game and give the victory to a team that was so badly outplayed.. it makes me sick.

fuck referees. fuck them. i hope their lives are miserable.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repped, +1, agree, etc.

Zebras stole the game away. Bracing for fallout from the media in 3...2...1...

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repped, +1, agree, etc.

Zebras stole the game away. Bracing for fallout from the media in 3...2...1...

What he said. Fuck those refs in the ass with a hot branding iron. Mother fucker. :target:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's the point of having replay if you still get the fuckin call wrong.. if you wanted to stretch the truth, the MOST you could do would be calling that inconclusive.. absolutely disgusting.. i hope the whole lot of them were fired immediately after the game

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that but don't let your field goal kicker slide. He fucked up.

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what's the point of having replay if you still get the fuckin call wrong.. if you wanted to stretch the truth, the MOST you could do would be calling that inconclusive.. absolutely disgusting.. i hope the whole lot of them were fired immediately after the game

It wasnt the refs call. The ref actually got it right. It is the official in the booth. Blame him. I wonder if the Allstate president (Michigan Alum) paid him off with a quick phone call.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was our 3rd string kicker. cant really blame him. it was shocking that they overturned the touchdown. the ruling on the field was a catch, there was absolutely nothing indisputable about that replay. it could not be overturned.

bottom line is that beamerball is dead. our special teams is the worst part of our team and hasnt been good for a while now. our special teams was directly responsible for the 1st 10 points for michigan.

PS, espn is on the michigan bandwagon in their game report.

"Coale held on to the ball for what was initially ruled a score, but the play was overturned on video review, which showed the receiver narrowly landed on the sideline."

uh, nope. they said he didnt maintain control you idiots. he was clearly in bounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck that, he's our kickoff guy that got tapped for field goal duty after the two guys ahead of him fucked up. He went 4/5 and without him, we wouldn't even have been in the position we were. The blame (other than the refs for the botched TD call and lack of false start on the UM kicker) comes to our special teams. Roughing the kicker which lead to a TD, fumble on a return which lead to a FG and fake punt that goes awry. This loss is definitely not on Meyer.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that, he's our kickoff guy that got tapped for field goal duty after the two guys ahead of him fucked up. He went 4/5 and without him, we wouldn't even have been in the position we were. The blame (other than the refs for the botched TD call and lack of false start on the UM kicker) comes to our special teams. Roughing the kicker which lead to a TD, fumble on a return which lead to a FG and fake punt that goes awry. This loss is definitely not on Meyer.
Tried to give rep but can't, I'll just say I agree

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I've gotten more rep tonight than I can remember. I need to drunk-post more often.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Too many poor decisions by staff made it come down to a FG. Can't blame the refs for this one.

We only took ONE shot to score a TD in OT. Our coaches decided to play for 3 and ran the ball twice for no impact. After Logan had been abusing corner's not only the whole game, but on the very LAST DRIVE.

This is 100% on the coaches. Why would David Wilson come back for this? He was visibly upset at the play calling even though he was the one running!!!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had two kickers suspended for being fuck ups.

Then your thrid kicker fucked up.

Like I said. Don't let your kicker slide. They all fucked up.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had two kickers suspended for being fuck ups.

Then your thrid kicker fucked up.

Like I said. Don't let your kicker slide. They all fucked up.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this Mark.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way is Coale's catch NOT a TD. The replay guy sucks more than a New Orleans whore

JDVT5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We let Michigan in the game with our mistakes. We lost the game because of the officials in the booth.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the rules of college football and that was undoubtedly an illegal motion on the kicker that last play; he was moving towards the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped. It was also a fall start so that is 0 for 2. Everyone with a pair of eyes knows that Coale caught that ball. Refs fucked us and no rational fan can deny that.

I will agree on some of these comments, though. Our playcalling killed us. After the first quarter, it was evident that they couldn't stop the pass. Unfortunately, we continued to run the ball despite it having little success. Throw a bubble screen first down, throw a normal pass on 2nd, and just run Logan over center on 3rd. I guarantee that this would have resulted in a first down EVERY TIME.

Outcome sucks, but whatever. Maybe everybody will come back next year and we can really make a run at things.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We let Michigan in the game with our mistakes. We lost the game because of the officials in the booth.

Welcome to the board JD. Totally agree with you on both points.

Just out of curiosity, how did you find the SportsHoopla?

JDVT5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really curious about recruiting way back in Feb 2011 after we lost out on Stephone Anthony and just happened to google click link after link and somehow found SportsHoopla. I love the interaction and info you guys provide. Just thought I would finally join to cheer me up after tonight.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the hotel room. The combination of liquor and bourbon street would result in an annoying Michigan fan with a black eye.

This game hurts. We should have won. Blame the refs, blame the coaches, whoever you want. But in the end it continues our trend of losing big games. We were the better team tonight but gave the game away.

I'm really questioning our coaching now more than ever. Might be the worst called game by frank Beamer that I've ever seen. The offensive play calling was as frustrating as our basketball team's offense. Props to foster. He shut down denard completely. But Beamer and Stiney/O'Cain all coached a bad game.

It's going to be a long drive home tomorrow trying to forget this one.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs didn't lose the game for us - Beamer and O'Cain did. First, our special teams play was horrid. I was possibly cool with calling for the fake punt. BUT NOT WHEN IT MATTERED IN A TOTAL SWITCH OF FIELD POSITION with 7 mins left in the game. Second, having 2-3 trips into the redzone with 6 points to show for it is bullshit and I knew would eventually haunt us. Whoever is in charge of calling plays within the redzone sucks. This game exemplifies why we can't win the big game when it matters. Third, Danny Coal is one hell of a player. I really feel bad for the kid. Between the fake punt that went awry to his "catch" - the dude is all heart and will be one of my favorite players of all time. And last, our D finally stepped up and looked like our defense of old.

We beat the hell out of Michigan like a red-headed step child between the 20s. But it doesn't matter when you can't execute in all facets of the game. Beamer outcoached himself on this one.