• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thanks Frank! :VT vs #17 UNC, Noon on ESPN

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer's last home game is gonna be a tough one. Win or lose its going to be emotional. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the tributes played on the big screen more than I am the game. Hopefully when I return to this thread tomorrow night, we'll be celebrating a win. Do it for Frank!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll definitely be sitting in front of the TV, but that also means that I've got to get stuff done this morning (already been up since 4:45 - kids suck). Since we're going to a Christmas parade at 5 (yeah, I know it's a week early) and we'll be out of town for Thanksgiving, the wife wants to put up the Christmas tree this morning. Which means digging around in the crawl space and keeping the kids (or at least the 1 year old) contained so she won't attack it. Ugh, it's too early for this, but it will be worth it when they love it, especially with the Elf on the Shelf hijinx starting on the 1st of December.

As for the game, it will be a tall task to stop UNC's offense, but the emotion may bring us to a 50/50 shot at winning.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to Beamer, he's been a great coach for a long time.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done with all the interior decorating and showered. It's now time for beer and the game. Let's Go Hokies!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have asked for a better gameday in Blacksburg, crisp but perfect for football. Only thing that didn't go right was the final score mostly thanks to the offense. It wasn't one thing in particular but just a combo of poor playcalling, bad QB play, or the line just not making holes or giving enough time. If I had to pick one, I'd say its mostly on Brewer. He had check downs and shorter passes for 5 to 10 yards all game but consistently overlooked them trying to look for a bigger play, which usually resulted in a sack. Damn shame too because Foster's bunch played the best against the spread as we have in quite awhile.

Also, fuck Ron Cherry and his crew. I'm not mad about the GW TD (it was close, I thought it was TD). I'm mad because UNC was holding Ekanem and Dadi on damn near every play yet that fucker Cherry never called it. I don't know if they talked about on TV but Ekanem was egregiously horsecollared twice to prevent a sack and it got a no call. With our limp offense, it might not have made a difference but still.

All that stuff for Beamer was fantastic. Metallica had pregame message before Sandman and the halftime show had tribute videos from every player you could think of. The stadium got a little dusty if you know what I mean. Even with the loss, pretty much everyone stuck around for like 30 minutes after the game thanking Beamer as the team carried him around. Very special moment