• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Tech is up Next...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a lot of the offensive problems on Dawson, he is coaching the QBs and is the OC. I have been wondering how much of the offense Holgorsen has turned over to him. I too would like to see one guy at QB, coach HIM up and go with him, win or lose. The line looks bad a lot of times outmanned, and we do not have any backs or receivers who will block.

Dawson has been doing this for a long time. He was part of the success story at WVU for the past 2 years, so I am looking at other factors.

The revolving door at QB and on the line... the fact the WR's are all inexperienced doesn't help either.

You have a lot of kids playing their first significant minutes in this offense. I expect we'll see some big time improvement in their production as we move into the last half of the season.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we do not have any backs or receivers who will block.
:agree:

Look at Baylor, they had WR's blocking us 15 yards down the field...we need to be physical all around if we stand a chance to win. Briles has combined DH's passing attach with RR's physical running attack, and it looks damn good.

As far as the backs go, I have heard this is one of the hardest things for backs to pick up...doesn't seem it would be, but yet here is where we find ourselves.

I am worried that until we settle on one QB this thing is just going to be a mess.....I am really down on Trickett and Childress right now...yeah Dawson and DH are the coaches, but one thing you had to love about Geno was after the game he was watching film and studying the next opponent, the coach player relationship is give and take and since these coaches have never had the issue at QB like this one i am putting it on them...if you follow these knuckleheads on twitter sounds like they are more worried about the next party or girl. :suds:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article in scout.com today on the chemistry issue at WVU.

Galloway spoke about the different QB's and the type of balls they throw... how each one is different.

Looks like Trickett is going to get the start Saturday. I have not read anything on Childress' injury and how well he has healed. I read he took a lot of reps last week. But, nothing about how well he looked passing the ball or how he felt afterwords.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not very optimistic for this game. TT has a pretty good defense, and teams have already exposed WVU's offense this year. No trickery is required to beat our boys up front.

They cannot handle a 4 man rush. TT did this to WVU last year. Rush 4 and drop 7. It has been the recipe that WVU cannot overcome... yet..

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not very optimistic for this game. TT has a pretty good defense, and teams have already exposed WVU's offense this year. No trickery is required to beat our boys up front.

They cannot handle a 4 man rush. TT did this to WVU last year. Rush 4 and drop 7. It has been the recipe that WVU cannot overcome... yet..

Yeah it is one of those years where you don't favor this team, but know if they put it all together for 60 mins anything can happen. i am not sure what to think about this game, T Tech has not looked that impressive, but like most teams their offense looks more fluid. Hoping we are taking our lumps this year to help us grow for next....grind it out and learn from it. I think the thing that will get me on the DH is gone bus is if we do not develope a clear number one going into next year.....cause everywhere else we should be primed with talent.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I have my concerns about the offense's ability to produce points, I am more concerned about the hangover effect the Baylor game might have on the defense.

Patterson talked about this week... mentioned the kids reverted to last year's mentality in that game. Kids were misaligned... got into the wrong formations... then they allowed the Baylor WR's into the creases... the CB's were not able to effectively get a bump on the WR in press coverage to disrupt the timing between QB and WR.

They went into panic mode and did not play fundamental football.

We'll see what their mental make-up is this Saturday.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I have my concerns about the offense's ability to produce points, I am more concerned about the hangover effect the Baylor game might have on the defense.

Patterson talked about this week... mentioned the kids reverted to last year's mentality in that game. Kids were misaligned... got into the wrong formations... then they allowed the Baylor WR's into the creases... the CB's were not able to effectively get a bump on the WR in press coverage to disrupt the timing between QB and WR.

They went into panic mode and did not play fundamental football.

We'll see what their mental make-up is this Saturday.
:agree: The defense was back in 2012 for the game!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Baylors offense was in the future! Against Kansas St they actually dropped balls! :doh:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Baylors offense was in the future! Against Kansas St they actually dropped balls! :doh:

You saw that too!!

I was like.... Damn... are you kidding me?!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saw that too!!

I was like.... Damn... are you kidding me?!!

My wife and i were watching that game and she just calmly looks at me and says "they had 28 pts in drops" :laugh3: very true very true...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it really matters... my pride I am talking about... but I truly want to see Baylor's offense explode against more opponents. It would make me happy to see them score 80 on one of our Big 12 brothers.

Then I can sit back and smile....

.... and tell you... I told you so.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find myself pulling for Baylor now, the B12 IMO is out if the question for us so then the conference pride kicks in (cough cough) and I think it would look good for this conference if Baylor wins out then has a great showing or wins their bowl game in what is a down year for the B12.... And it gives me further hope about our own situation, same type of coach/system albeit weaker recruiting base to pluck from.

Btw I thought Texas and OU were suppose to carry and run this thing every year and the Red River shootout was going to be the B12 ccg, what ever happened to that?:whistle:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor has become my 2nd favorite team.