• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WV 89 Texas Tech 86 OT

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juwan Staten scored 25 points and dished out five assists to help boost West Virginia to an 89-86 overtime win against Texas Tech Monday night. Eron Harris added 18 points and Terry Henderson scored 16 for the Mountaineers (10-5, 2-0 Big 12).

The Red Raiders faced an 11-point deficit early in the second half, but Hannahs and Crockett came alive to regain the Red Raiders first lead since the opening minutes. Tech led 77-74 in the final minute of regulation, but Henderson hit a 3-pointer with 16 seconds left to force overtime.

Crockett missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would have forced a second overtime

Key stats: 55.7% from the field. That my friends is lighting it up. 8-19 from behind the arc ain't bad either. WV loses the battle of the glass 35-26 but remember--there were not a lot of offensive rebound chances. There were 27 chances at Off. Rebounds and we got 9. Can't complain about that. 16 assists to 9 TO's--not bad. Only issue here is the bricklaying at the line 13-22. That will beat you eventually in the big games.

So how does it feel to be in 1st place of the Big 12 Basketball conference at 2-0? Better question; How long will it last? It will last if we shoot 57+% from the field and I would bet on that. The problem is that this team wont shoot that high of a percentage on the road in Kansas, K State, OKLA, or even OKLA State. Or at least I don't think so. Better learn to play some defense sooner or later. Have great day Mountaineer fans and stay warm wherever your country road has taken you!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like WVU was going to give another one away last night. But, they earned a win in OT. WVU has to be one of the worst in bounding teams in the country. Not sure what the problems are for them on defense, but the zones are not working.