• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Terrell Owens a Hall of Fame snub?

Should Terrell Owens have been voted into the Hall of Fame in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably would've been a first ballot if he was a Cowboy or Steeler. Disrespecting the Cowboys probably set him back to 2nd ballot. If he doesn't get in next time then he is in trouble for no reason. Top 5 all time WR

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it falls in line with his career numbers. He was mostly right at the top for drop passes year in & year out. And he was playing with better QBs later in his career.

Here's what I found from sporting charts leading up to those last 2 years that are referenced in your link.

2000-8.8%
01-6.5%
02-6.3%
03-7.5%
04-5.5%
05-5.4%
06-11.2 (record drops year)
07-7.1%
08-7.1%

And you said that in those last two years he was playing with better QBs. In Buffalo it was Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick then in Cincy he played with Palmer during his stretch when he was stuck in low 80s QB rating.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that marvin harrison litterally murdered a person but he gets in and T.O. pissed off the media so doesn't get in :scratch:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think it matters because TO will be in the Hall anyways.

But for the few out there who still somehow thing TO's antics weren't that big of a deal and were blown out of proportion by the media, I want you to wrap your head around this fact:

TO was, no doubt, the best offensive player (and maybe the best player period) on that Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl team and yet one year later, the Eagles traded him to a division rival!

That's how bad they wanted rid of him.

They say where there is smoke there is fire and, in that case, when you look at that fact I just posted about TO's end in Philadelphia....

that's not a fire. That's a towering inferno.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without question!!!

Owens will get in, but if any player deserves a waiting period it's this all about me player.
Sorry....forever a TEAM Sport and Owens was pure cancer to anything team

OK. I can dig that. I don't think anyone can nor do I believe anyone should try and exclude TO from he Hall, but I had no problem seein Harrison go in before him. Who if the stories I've read are accurate. Did some straight up gang banging/mob hit-man shit. He was a great team player though from what I've read and seen.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I can dig that. I don't think anyone can nor do I believe anyone should try and exclude TO from he Hall, but I had no problem seein Harrison go in before him. Who if the stories I've read are accurate. Did some straight up gang banging/mob hit-man shit. He was a great team player though from what I've read and seen.

So what should be a larger road block to the HOF? Straight up gang banging or being an ass in the locker room.
I simply look at who was better on the field of play.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think it matters because TO will be in the Hall anyways.

But for the few out there who still somehow thing TO's antics weren't that big of a deal and were blown out of proportion by the media, I want you to wrap your head around this fact:

TO was, no doubt, the best offensive player (and maybe the best player period) on that Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl team and yet one year later, the Eagles traded him to a division rival!

That's how bad they wanted rid of him.

They say where there is smoke there is fire and, in that case, when you look at that fact I just posted about TO's end in Philadelphia....

that's not a fire. That's a towering inferno.

He wasn't traded to the Cowboys. The Eagles released him and the Cowboys picked him up as a free agent.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what should be a larger road block to the HOF? Straight up gang banging or being an ass in the locker room. I simply look at who was better on the field of play.

Depends. If you're gonna sling or bang while you're actually playing in the league and get caught up like Darryl Henley or Hernandez did. It is what it is and you get what you get. If the dirt you do comes after you've retired like I read Marvin's did or OJ. I don't see how it can be held against you.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. If you're gonna sling or bang while you're actually playing in the league and get caught up like Darryl Henley or Hernandez did. It is what it is and you get what you get. If the dirt you do comes after you've retired like I read Marvin's did or OJ. I don't see how it can be held against you.
So after retirement but before the HOF anything goes?
Sorry, but I just think the voters let their personnel feelings influence them. A very good player with boarder line HOF credentials can undeservingly make the HOF, just by kissing media ass, while a sure HOF gets denied because of their unfriendly media personality.
My issue with the HOF is with the process more than who's on or not.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO was more talented than Jerry Rice.

And you know it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after retirement but before the HOF anything goes?
Sorry, but I just think the voters let their personnel feelings influence them. A very good player with boarder line HOF credentials can undeservingly make the HOF, just by kissing media ass, while a sure HOF gets denied because of their unfriendly media personality.
My issue with the HOF is with the process more than who's on or not.

I can't call it, homey. Though I do think the criteria the NFL Hall uses is not only too varied. Its also far too inconsistent. Maybe they need to set some unwritten benchmarks of sorts like MLB has.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't call it, homey. Though I do think the criteria the NFL Hall uses is not only too varied. Its also far too inconsistent. Maybe they need to set some unwritten benchmarks of sorts like MLB has.
As long as butthurt media asses get the vote it will be a broken system. How many deserving Skins players had to wait years or are still waiting due to personal feelings. The NFL should take a long look at the voting process.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let current HOF's have the vote, if they keep a player out because of baggage, you'd know there were locker room issues with the player snubbed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to talk about the other HOF players that had character problems?
Lots of big problems with Hall of Famers for sure, but TO's problems impacted his team, his team's performance on the field and kept his teams from achieving as much success as they otherwise would have with a player of his caliber. How many Hall of Famers were cast aside by team after team while they were still great players? Unlike guys with problems like Michael Irvin or some others it's impossible to separate TOs problems from the on the field performance of his team's. I'm not saying he 100% shouldn't get in or anything like that, but I sure as Heck am saying his propensity for tearing teams apart from the inside is pertinent to the discussion of his HOF status.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO was more talented than Jerry Rice.

And you know it.

There are actually quite a few WRs with more actual talent than Rice, but his insane work ethic, skill and football intelligence trump physical talent.