• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Patterson expected to be named Texas AD

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck just wasn't going to leave his alma mater. :nod:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson was hired for his willingness to clean house, and build new facilities.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm reading about Patterson, ASU higher-ups are disappointed/mad about this because he was making great strides to turn the program around.

The only thing I worry about this is if He brings that POS Todd Graham with him. I don't think he will though, since that hire was from the previous AD.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson was hired for his willingness to clean house, and build new facilities.

Exactly. I"ve heard they want new facilities that put Oregon to shame.......and that was a quote.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really hurts please don't steal Graham from us. Hes our dream coach.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm reading about Patterson, ASU higher-ups are disappointed/mad about this because he was making great strides to turn the program around.

The only thing I worry about this is if He brings that POS Todd Graham with him. I don't think he will though, since that hire was from the previous AD.

He seemed effective from the outside looking in.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that seals it. Gary Patterson will be their new head coach.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fans Graham is a good coach............. Check out the recruits he has this year top 25 class and we dont even have new facilities or a new stadium yet. Hes also from Texas. He would be perfect for the Texas job and he brings discipline. But us ASU fans are crossing our fingers he stays.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Graham is a great coach. Wtf are you on?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson hasn't always been at ASU, Jahii. He was with the Trailblazers and Houston Texans previously

Still he was a little slow with the stadium. I know that he came later, but he unveiled the stadium in what 2012 then they said they would talk about it that summer never happened. No one liked the design his team pitched so he then never said anything on it and just started to put surveys out and stated that the original design was just to get people excited. Then he was really slow with the surveys. Then he and ASU decided to take the north end zone out to see the lake which is the first progress he has made but still. New buildings are being built over by the north end zone which would take away the lake view from the north end zone. He never had control or never had a direction in which he was going with the new stadium. I liked everything else Patterson did though its just he promised us a stadium and after 2 years we got no where.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham probably won't be a HC candidate for Texas. Patterson didn't hire him at ASU anyway.

The big problem is HOW Texas can upgrade, since the university is in the middle of downtown Austin......there's really no where to build new facilities. So they'll have to figure that out. But unlike ASU, they already have the money to make any changes. They just have to figure out how they're going to do it.

I also doubt they hire Gary Patterson at HC. Not sure who they go after, but I don't think Graham and Patterson are on the short list at this point.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham probably won't be a HC candidate for Texas. Patterson didn't hire him at ASU anyway.

The big problem is HOW Texas can upgrade, since the university is in the middle of downtown Austin......there's really no where to build new facilities. So they'll have to figure that out. But unlike ASU, they already have the money to make any changes. They just have to figure out how they're going to do it.

I also doubt they hire Gary Patterson at HC. Not sure who they go after, but I don't think Graham and Patterson are on the short list at this point.

Seriously I just want to know is there someone Texas fans think they can get or do you guys not think Graham is a good coach? The way he has turned our program around and the recruits hes getting are very good. Hes also from Texas. He would make a lot of sense to me.

I just want to know because I think hes a very good coach. I understand texting the Pittsburgh players when he left. But if you understood the impact hes having at ASU right now and the people like me that believe everything he says and the discipline hes brought here. I don't know I just think hes a great coach.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I just want to know is there someone Texas fans think they can get or do you guys not think Graham is a good coach? The way he has turned our program around and the recruits hes getting are very good. Hes also from Texas. He would make a lot of sense to me.

I just want to know because I think hes a very good coach. I understand texting the Pittsburgh players when he left. But if you understood the impact hes having at ASU right now and the people like me that believe everything he says and the discipline hes brought here. I don't know I just think hes a great coach.

I don't have anything against him personally. Things in Texas work a little differently. The BMDs are not in his corner. Every HC search list I've seen has not had him in the top 10. Texas BMDs want a proven winner with street cred......I'm not sure Graham has those credentials.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about the quality of his work, but how he has left previous jobs.

Okay I agree with that. He cant afford to leave anyway he would have to pay off part of his contract and wouldn't receive that much money. Also his reputation would be affected. Hes definitely an up and coming great college football coach. Hes a lot like coach Kush and seems to say all the right things. But yea hes left to many jobs hes gotta stay a few more years at Arizona State before he can think about a Texas job.