• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Patterson expected to be named Texas AD

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... Steve Patterson named Texas AD

...edit ...duplicate thread

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incidentally, Barnes is also another coaching situation the new AD will have to deal with.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes is the first to go, and easiest firing Patterson will get to do.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes is an easy firing. Garrido is where it gets interesting. But I have zero doubts Barnes is outta here. The man had an entire TEAM quit on him last year and transfer. I've never seen that happen anywhere.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get your hopes up, the fall might hurt.

A bit of reality for you, many feel that Brown is simply too old to get the job done. I think they are wrong, but here is the reality behind that thought, Brown is but a few months older than Saban, both aged 62.

Here is more reality in this. He has known since early this year that Texas was on board for him, and he stated as recently as August and September that he simply too old to start over someplace else and is happy at Alabama.

Here is one last bit of truth for you. If you watched(and i assume you didnt) the piece on Saban on Sunday nights 60 minutes, you would have seen the pain in his eyes and face when asked about his Miami situation and the terms of his leaving and how he is perceived to be a liar. If he were to leave Alabama now, after making the statements he has made recently, it would be another Miami situation and if you knew him at all, you would know his integrity is important to him. I am not saying he wont leave, but signs are not pointing to it being a lock and Rumors are just that, dont get all hyped up, you might be very disappointed in the end.

P.S. if he does leave, congrats you got a damn good coach. We will be fine.

Mack is a different animal. He is not involved in the coaching like Saban is and I do not think he has that same drive. I will simply leave it at that. Now for this story, I do find the timing interesting. Here is my handicapping of the situation:

40%: Sexton is using this for leverage and a raise
40%: Someone inside Texas wants to keep the momentum to replace Mack, using Saban as the carrot. No tto say Sabana is coming, but he is the name to keep the movement motivated.
20%: Saban would actually leave.

that is off the cuff, maybe a bit high on the last one.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack is a different animal. He is not involved in the coaching like Saban is and I do not think he has that same drive. I will simply leave it at that. Now for this story, I do find the timing interesting. Here is my handicapping of the situation:

40%: Sexton is using this for leverage and a raise
40%: Someone inside Texas wants to keep the momentum to replace Mack, using Saban as the carrot. No tto say Sabana is coming, but he is the name to keep the movement motivated.
20%: Saban would actually leave.

that is off the cuff, maybe a bit high on the last one.

Sabana ? is this Saban's Hispanic brother?:lol:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds that Texas AD hires Garrett Graham as the new coach?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds that Texas AD hires Garrett Graham as the new coach?

I assume you mean Todd Graham, ASU's FB coach. That answer would be no. One of the stipulations of Patterson taking the AD job at Texas is he can't bring any ASU coaches with him. Not to mention, Graham would be an awful choice. He's not ready to take over a major program like Texas.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
via the shag

a1h.gif

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean Todd Graham, ASU's FB coach. That answer would be no. One of the stipulations of Patterson taking the AD job at Texas is he can't bring any ASU coaches with him. Not to mention, Graham would be an awful choice. He's not ready to take over a major program like Texas.

He's a good coach, but there would be a perception problem. He has to pay some more dues before he deserves a shot at one of the S-Class programs

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really hasn't done as much as you think. He's been an average coach, but that's about it. Please don't forget the resources at The University of Texas compared to other schools who have done far better with a lot less. The only way he possibly gets another year is if he wins out. Probably not going to happen. I would have fired him after BYU. Anyway you look at it, it's ANOTHER disappointing year for our football team. It's time for him to go. Period.

If he loses any more games, it will go like this:

Mack Brown call for a press conference after the last regular season game:
AP

"In the best interest of The University of Texas, I have decided to step down as head coach of the football team.......Blah blah blah.

I kind of agree with ya, but gotta disagree with a few things about the future thar.

1st off isnt ut still in the hunt for a cc? Anyway, I agree if they lose another game or 2 hes fired regardless if admin has a new replacement locked down or not. HOWEVER, I in no way see a school like texas firing a coach like mack brown mid season. How fucking horrific would that be? And I in no way see a coach like mack brown quitting on his team midseason.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe shit nevermind. Just saw you said final regular season game, read it wrong. Guess I agree :doh: cept maybe after bowl game.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Sumlin - probably won't get asked, and I'm not sure I would want him. ATM is probably going to finish 9-3 with Manziel. Manziel leaves after this year. So far, he's beaten Alabama once. I need to see more.

Saban - He will have to want to continue to compete and win. Let's face it, no one stays on top for ever. There's really only one way Alabama can go and that's down. Maybe not far, but down is the only direction when you are at the top. He will have to really want to turn a program around and regain #1 at another school for the challenge. At his age, not sure he is willing to do this. Money won't matter to him.

The others would probably give it strong consideration if asked.

Sabans a fucking god in bama. He could survive a few bad seasons, lol.

Muschamp would jump at the chance so fast hed leave his shadow behind. The question is wtf would texas ask???

I just dont see strong in texas at all. Maybe somewhere near the bottom of the others list.

I do see a few names on other list, besides saban, that would seem like great hires for texas.