• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephon Marbury finally quits basketball, says he is HOF bound.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about his numbers against subpar, inferior talent in the Chinese League.

It's about his impact on the game.

He had good NBA numbers. But, more than that, he was a global ambassador for the Sport.

Yao had career numbers of 19 and 9.

Starbury had career numbers of 19 and 8.

In a time of infinite greed, he made a decent looking sneaker that the poorest kids could afford and even gave them away for free to the ones who still didn't have enough.

Not gonna lie, I still have my pair of pink and orange ones.

He also has a statue, a fricking play about his life and a GAWD DAMN MUSEUM in China.

That buckshot alone is HOF worthy...lol

If that's not having a positive global impact, I'm not sure what else he could have done outside of winning a Gold instead of bronze in the Olympics.

100% agree. I was never a "Starbury" fan, but his impact on the game can't really be denied.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That entire knicks team that was paying over double the salary cap, but never made the playoffs should be in the HOF. Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, Steve Francis, Marburg, and that big fat guy from Seattle who had a big year in the playoffs and the knicks threw a lot of money at him to play. That team was so great at getting beat on the back door alley pop. Watching them sure provided some great highlights for the other team.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps even bigger that, I think it is what he's done for the game over there. Mainstreaming the sport on an entirely different continent is huge. Which is also along the lines of what I think the basketball HOF is willing to take into account. As opposed to football/baseball... Where it's just hard numbers and league accomplishments.

I think that looking at the hard numbers is true for the baseball hall of fame, but not pro football. Most seem to think that Eli Manning will make the Hall of Fame, and they'e probably right, but the hard numbers show that he is a mediocre QB.